test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vibora Bay Apocalypse - Skippable.

meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
Hello.

I'm not writing it in the suggestions forum, because nobody from Cryptic reads suggestions anyway.

But this thing should be proposed long time ago.

Make Vibora Bay Apocalypse completely optional and skippable - as other crisises are.

Making crisises no longer needed to play in certain zones was one of the best ideas. Sadly, the one crisis still remains mandatory, and it's the worst one of all - Vibora Bay one.

Now, story itself is quite good and missions are well done. But only once. Doing it again and again on every character to unlock this zone is too much. There are a few good reasons to make VBA optional:

1 - It's too long. It's hands down the longest story arc ingame. Nicely done, but after playing it on your first toon, it's pointless.

2 - It's initial Millenium City part locks players out of Club Caprice. This is minor inconvenience, but still a strange one.

3 - It's the last remaining zone gated behind the crisis.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GREAt IDEA. DO THIS CRYPTIC.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I skipped the crisis on over twenty characters.

Just never got around to doing it before leveling to 40.
    Took them through the day at the mall alert to Vibora where there's
    never any people to play with, game loses that multiplayer feeling right away.

They should make Vibora Bay the main zone.
    Three million people played Millenium City, its getting stale.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I skipped the crisis on over twenty characters.

Just never got around to doing it before leveling to 40.
    Took them through the day at the mall alert to Vibora where there's never any people to play with, game loses that multiplayer feeling right away.

They should make Vibora Bay the main zone.
    Three million people played Millenium City, its getting stale.

Problem with that is that it's a one-way trip; can't re-enter via jet. Though if you don't mind leaving the char in there....guess it's no biggie.
    edited July 2013
    Problem with that is that it's a one-way trip; can't re-enter via jet. Though if you don't mind leaving the char in there....guess it's no biggie.

All you need is another Day at the Mall alert to return and I have to do grabs on at least a dozen characters on any given day anyway.
    Someone is going to Vibora if I want to go to Vibora.

Maybe vehicles could allow all zone access from a little UI like the hideout selector.
    Maybe hideouts could have that function as well, for the people who don't want/need vehicles.

Or all zone access could be provided by Professor Portal Propagator NPC to go with an awesome new all teleport attacks AT!

Yeah, these cold all work.
  • wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hate that once you finish the VBA you can't ever get back on that map with that toon. I LOVE that map. And don't talk to me about continuity, the story line involves all kinds of time and reality travel--you could easily be rewriting the past or in an alternate reality.

You should at least be able to re-do the missions when on a team with someone who has them. But I'd like to see it be openly accessible. I was so bummed when I finished it on my first toon--who became my main--and realized I'm permanently locked out on that toon.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its probably hard coded into the Vibora expansion so making a skip option would only break the game so badly we'd probably lose everything that was added ever since.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Vibora Bay Apocalypse is the most enjoyable out of all the zone "Crisis" missions out there for me (well it's a series of missions, but is in the same vein as a Crisis), but yes I'd like the option to skip it so that I can get to the actual zone.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I get to 40 at Monster Island... only did one at vibora bay. I consider the missions there worse than the Crisis
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would enjoy this just for the fact I like to use Vibora as a RP hot spot. Between the Dojo, Minefield, the boat, and a couple of locations across the city that I have found, just to get there sooner than to spend time on a crisis that gets boring for the 10th time would be beneficial.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited July 2013
    Apocalypse would be awesome central social zone.
    Put the tutorial in the mission to save Juryrig, exit there to a manhole at the back of Juryrigs garage.
    Let him grant you training for travel and powers. Let his computer offer up info about the game.

Let his portal unlock everywhere with an interface more like the crime computer
    than the onscreen buttons that stack up under the jet. Unlock all the large maps.
    Add this 'where do you want to go?' functionality to hideout doors.

Let his upstairs door exit to the Apocalypse at any level. Leave everything as is.
    Sidekick everyone to 35, just use the garage door or jet or device when you want out.
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Loved the crisis - maybe I always will and I have had over 20 x 40s go thru it.
    Sigh I remember the days when you went thru VB on the off chance you could get those Mega Ultra Hyper rare costume unlocks. Giggles..... New Shadows Waist Cape anyone?
    Bah kids today they don't know what grinding is... Remember when the prob of costume drop was radically increased by like 500% so instead of .01% chance of a drop it was then .05% chance.
    Ah the good old days!
    But remember guys
    This next fight might be the one!
    Numbers are meaningless guesstimates I really don't recall accurately.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."