test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your #1 Complaint about new Telepathy

underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
If there is ONE thing about the new Telepathy powers you could have changed, what would it be? What's wrong with it now? How would you go about fixing it?

I'll start off with the #1 thing that has been infuriating me every time I get into a team with another telepath, and that is the rupturing problem. HAVING OTHERS RUPTURE MY DEBUFF STACKS SUX!!!!

I've been trying a Ranged DPS build with the new set. I apply the debuffs and rupture them whenever I need a good heal from it, or when I simply wanna get a big damage spike. WELL, when other telepaths rupture all the stacks while I'm being pummeled on from poring on DPS I no longer have the heal available to me! I never know when they are going to steal it away, so I have no way of planning anything out. I take far to much damage if I get in melee range for the aoe heal, so I have to stay ranged. And when I go down the team loses a lot of DPS and has caused many alerts to fail. I don't think I've completed an alert where we had a second telepath in it yet.

How would I fix this? If it's possible to have each players Debuff stacks only show under the target for that player they will be able to keep track of how many they have applied, while only allowing the target to take a max of 4 stacks of each total.
For Example:
Player 1 has applied 2 stacks of each debuff.
Player 2 has applied 3 stacks of each debuff.
Target IS NOW capped at 4 stacks of each debuff and receives the DoT from which every player has the great damage.

The Players are able to read there own Stacks separately this way, able to control there own stack and erupt when THEY want/need to.
Post edited by underchicken on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Make it so players don't share debuff stacks.

Make it so you aren't healing enemies.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The shared debuffing stacks is a problem. I thought it was a good idea at first, but in practice it's frustrating. Also, by sharing debuff stacks players are actually making one another less effective.

Let me explain. When teaming with a buddy tonight -- we both found it difficult to build up a solid stack of 4. The problem being that we kept accidentally detonating the stacks. I think the debuff stacks shouldn't be shared. That way two telepathy users would actually be HELPING one another rather than stepping on each others toes.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd give it some time on the shared debuff aspect guys...

It's a teamplay thing which requires practice to optimize. More to the point, it's likely to be awesome with good teamwork & communication, and bad with (an) incompetent teammate(s).

I for one wish this game had more emphasis on teamwork between powers, something other than building for MAX DPS WHOOOO! Anyways, I encourage people to give it more of a try before judging it.

I myself am not ready to pass pro & con judgements on this powerset, still, and I was testing it in the PTS before it went to live.
    edited July 2013
    This game is about working on the fly and seeing the situation at a glance to react to it. Being forced to work around other players down to the second on multiple different effects at the same time to manage the synchronizes output is silly between players who may not have the same ping.

If you have more than one player using these powers its just redundant.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not gonna break this thread with my complaints so I'll sum them up.
    • Telepathy Powers such as Mental Leech and Mental Storm (Mental Leech especially) Look horribly ugly.
    • Mental Leech heals foes in PvP
    • These powers tooltips are a serious case of misrepresentation.
    • The fact that these powers do not proc TELEPATHIC REVERBERATION, is a stark reminder that they were not ready for LIVE.
    • Ego DoTs can be dodged using any means
    • The DoTs need more to be able to deal with resistances. The defense penetration does not work after the initial hit because the passive is on the player. If it was a debuff then it would allow for the damage to become penetrated but it isn't.
    • They originally started off as controlling powers, and were slowly turned into DPS.
    • Whilst I am glad they took my suggestion for the Astral Form FX on MoTM, they really crippled this power. 9 sec duration and 1 min CD? Not worth it unless you want to look pretty for 9 secs.
    • The debuffs cannot stack upon each other making multi telepath teams a simple case of refresh the stacks. Whilst stack refreshing can be done faster with two telepaths it is essentially the job of ONE telepath with high CD.
    • These stacks can be detonated by any one with Mind Break. <--Bad idea.

Those are the ones I can think of right now.
  • underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not gonna break this thread with my complaints so I'll sum them up.
    • Telepathy Powers such as Mental Leech and Mental Storm (Mental Leech especially) Look horribly ugly.
    • Mental Leech heals foes in PvP
    • These powers tooltips are a serious case of misrepresentation.
    • The fact that these powers do not proc TELEPATHIC REVERBERATION, is a stark reminder that they were not ready for LIVE.
    • Ego DoTs can be dodged using any means
    • The DoTs need more to be able to deal with resistances. The defense penetration does not work after the initial hit because the passive is on the player. If it was a debuff then it would allow for the damage to become penetrated but it isn't.
    • They originally started off as controlling powers, and were slowly turned into DPS.
    • Whilst I am glad they took my suggestion for the Astral Form FX on MoTM, they really crippled this power. 9 sec duration and 1 min CD? Not worth it unless you want to look pretty for 9 secs.
    • The debuffs cannot stack upon each other making multi telepath teams a simple case of refresh the stacks. Whilst stack refreshing can be done faster with two telepaths it is essentially the job of ONE telepath with high CD.
    • These stacks can be detonated by any one with Mind Break. <--Bad idea.

Those are the ones I can think of right now.

LoL overachiever you are.:tongue:

But out of all those, what's the #1 thing you would like to see fixed/adjusted the most?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    #1 That there was no wheelchair Vehicle drop in the Lock Box.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It comes with no retcon token. Everytime we got a powerset reviewed, it would come with a retcon. This one did not.
    ERgLqqC.png
    edited July 2013
    LoL overachiever you are.:tongue:

But out of all those, what's the #1 thing you would like to see fixed/adjusted the most?

The entire list. I shouldn't be complaining about basic bugs which should have been nipped in the bud and cleared out on PTS. That list alone is proof this was a bad call.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Make it so you aren't healing enemies.

Telepathy needs to retain this aspect. Not enough alerts are like Ao'Qephoth and this aspect of Telepathy helps make more content like Ao'Qephoth content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My number one complaint?

That I hear everyone else complaining. :wink:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My number one complaint?

Then stop having your computer text-to-voice threads that you don't actually want to read :wink:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Then stop having your computer text-to-voice threads that you don't actually want to read :wink:

I can't help it though, its so entertaining when it hits someone with bad spelling. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The power cost on Master of Mind is too high.

And the Duration of Master of Mind is too low.....WTF:confused:
    edited July 2013
    My number one complaint?

And now the voices sound like Peanuts' adults..
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, the damage of the DoTs is pretty low too, if they want support builds based on them, they should get a damage buff. The passive is good, I like the Advantage, but still, shadowform works better for Mind Break.
    So buff DoTs damage a bit and they're useful.Atm, mind break requires 4 powers to be effective, and when you make it work, you just see that Strafing Run can reach its damage and requires no real setup at all, especially in pve where bosses usually don't move.

I like mind break's fx though.
    edited July 2013
    You don't need to go as far as Strafing Run. Gatling Gun does superior damage immediately.
    edited July 2013
    You don't need to go as far as Strafing Run. Gatling Gun does superior damage immediately.

SPACRACKALACKA!!

:biggrin:
    edited July 2013
    What the HELL happened to Mental Leech?!

It's been decreasing in HP granting value since yesterday, I've gone from 65 two days ago, to 64 yesterday and now 61 today.

Anyone else confirm this?

Your Ebbing Lifeforce gives 61 Health Points to you. <---Today.

Your Ebbing Lifeforce gives 65 Health Points to you. <--- A few days ago.

EDIT: None of my stats, gear or passive values have changed. I have a feeling Mental Leech is more bugged than previously thought.
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My biggest complaint about the new telepathy powers is the debuff stacks happen after the DoT expires. I would *much* rather see the debuffs applied on DoT application. It would speed up the mini-set as a whole quite a bit instead of the slow build up it has now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They called one of the new skills mental storm and not brain storm. They had a perfect set up for a pun and didn't take it.
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it true that some powers aren't gaining any effectiveness at rank 3?
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It really bothers me that they're shifting from actual control abilities to DPS based abilities. My mentalist is set up with a really nice CC strength, yet thanks to the way the updates are going, CC strength is pretty much useless now. While CC resistance still plays a role in game the CC strength seems to only change the numbers on my power description and not really on the powers themselves.
  • heroicsingerheroicsinger Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Telepathy is now another dumb DPS set.

"Master of the Mind" sucks.

Teaming with other telepaths sucks.

tumblr_lhclmzVOlr1qfcg8zo1_500.jpg
    Champions Online Devs
    edited July 2013
    Is it true that some powers aren't gaining any effectiveness at rank 3?

Yes, but this has been addressed on the PTS and now works properly on PTS, I await the fix to be brought to LIVE. The powers in question are Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech.
    It really bothers me that they're shifting from actual control abilities to DPS based abilities. My mentalist is set up with a really nice CC strength, yet thanks to the way the updates are going, CC strength is pretty much useless now. While CC resistance still plays a role in game the CC strength seems to only change the numbers on my power description and not really on the powers themselves.

^This. So much this.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally got around to playing it on the PTS. Was super pissed about something, went back to check and realized it was dumb. My #1 complaint is that mental storm, mind break and congress of selves don't have their own icons. Seems sort of lazy. I thought it was one of the easiest things to do. >.> Icons are unique so that you can tell what they are at a glance and this is just one more things on top of the pile about how these powers were let out too early. :/

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D