test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preview for FATAL ERR0R

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2013 in Super News Network
Get more info about the upcoming first mission in the FATAL ERR0R story arc, beginning on July 18th.

Read the blog post...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This mission is just the start of the FATAL ERR0R story arc, which will play out over the next month or two. There will be another instance, tracking the hacker to the depths of a supervillain?s hideout, plus a climactic Alert in virtual reality for five-man teams. Both of these will come with a new item release that supports the VR theme ? an addition to the cash shop, something new in the Questionite store, etc.]

If that underlined is a costume- I stay true to my word: $300.00 a month in zen to CO.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If that underlined is a costume- I stay true to my word: $300.00 a month in zen to CO.

Costume pack man, gotta keep the words consistent, or we'll get another $15 dollar vibrating helmet vehicle bundle. <_<
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ahem, did I just spot a Bug Spider Blox within the screenshots?

(Link to the BGM that plays in the place that enemy is found in)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ahem, did I just spot a Bug Spider Blox within the screenshots?

(Link to the BGM that plays in the place that enemy is found in)

That certainly looks like a spider made of blocks, yes.

I'm almost certain it's just reuse of animations and skeletons from other games, but I do appreciate the inclusion of more non-humanoid enemies. The huuuuuuge dominance of bipedal weirdo enemies that are constantly cracking their knuckles all over the place was an issue I've had with both CoX and this game.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bluhman wrote: »

I'm almost certain it's just reuse of animations and skeletons from other games, but I do appreciate the inclusion of more non-humanoid enemies. The huuuuuuge dominance of bipedal weirdo enemies that are constantly cracking their knuckles all over the place was an issue I've had with both CoX and this game.

I also think it's an issue with Neverwinter, which has to date lacked some of D&D's more fantastical creatures. I know Foundry authors would love a wider assortment of creatures for wilderness encounters.

Still, looking forward to testing this.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Although NW does lack a bit in variety I was overjoyed with the appearance of a gelatinous cube.

That could make a cool villain trap. Drown in my swimming pool of death jello, hero!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bluhman wrote: »

It's worth noting that that particular enemy isn't the final visual. The dev team went back and made it more menacing after I took that screen. The final version should be up in the playtest today.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the main reason that i'm happy is that its perm, thanks for listening, this is good.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dr. Silverback (voice acted here for the first time),

"All systems are in the green" He's had a voice before.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Erm... I fail at this: What time is this in Eastern Standard US time? I should actually be able to make this playtest! (oddly I don't have work this evening)
  • Options
    pachiirupachiiru Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oops, wrong thread.
  • Options
    jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Erm... I fail at this: What time is this in Eastern Standard US time? I should actually be able to make this playtest! (oddly I don't have work this evening)

I'm Eastern time too. Just add 3 hours.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And if you want to do that mission with a certain character. Don't do it before the 'playtest', you can't pick it again.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    "All systems are in the green" He's had a voice before.

Huh, didn't know that... erps.
  • Options
    pricanwarriorpricanwarrior Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope you guys dont make this "fun looking" story arc like sky command alert (a fail) And before sending it to live make sure you fix the bugs because WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH BUGS TO DEAL WITH ON THE LIVE THANKS TO YOU GUYS.
  • Options
    zer0x0nezer0x0ne Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So... how exactly are we supposed to test this if you can't repeat the mission? I'm not copying over a new character every time I want to try it out.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • Options
    tongi02tongi02 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just hope it give a higher chance to get the Socrates Become, I already spent enough to open up to 200 and all I got was a pair of boots and nothing else....no more boxes EVER!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zer0x0ne wrote: »
    So... how exactly are we supposed to test this if you can't repeat the mission? I'm not copying over a new character every time I want to try it out.

I would guess that it's a daily mission, just like the first few missions in the previous events. You should be able to do it again tomorrow.
    edited July 2013
    I would guess that it's a daily mission, just like the first few missions in the previous events. You should be able to do it again tomorrow.
    This isn't a Live event, it's a test event. You don't test by doing it once a day. I highly doubt it was intended this way.

"I would be curious of your circles because I know I've never heard of you.​​" - championshewolf
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    July 11 2013

Fatal Err0r

Couldn't have named it better.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    July 11 2013

Fatal Err0r

Couldn't have named it better.

FATAL ERR0R: Telepathy.

Lmao.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmm. I've poked LordGar about this, but in the meantime, you may be able to get in by having someone else share the mission. Thanks for catching this, folks.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Huh, didn't know that... erps.

Well, who knew? TT is an ERPer :eek:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    golgorzedgolgorzed Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, i tought the corruption processes would be seen... corrupting the others? I had the impression the virtual space would be seen as a more conturbated one, with processes fighting each other and the corruptors spreading the... well, corruption. I was thrilled to fight a virtual blood moon.
    Suggestions?
    I tought there would be a corruption debuff to the characters digital form, limiting the heal, the damage and the speed of the chars, as they took damage from the enemy programs.
    I think the healthy socrates processes would be "infected" and turned against the players and other processes, like bloodmoon script of undead spreading.
    If you have enough corruption stacks, you will become a corruptor yourself.
    meh...
    I want foundry stuff for champions.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    FATAL ERR0R.
    Best damn marketing trick ever.
    Just goes unnoticed because of the damn negavite playerbase.
  • Options
    secondalksecondalk Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From what I've tested in it so far, I like it.

Warning: Spoilers Ahead if you even care.

Things I liked:
    • Ironclad typing in all caps, Sapphire typing in txt spk, and Defender typing in walls of text were all nice little touches I think.
    • The voice acting for Dr. Silverback is solid. I'd dare say it's good. Especially when compared to most of the work in the rest of CO.
    • The unskippable cutscenes are preciously short.
    • No convoluted gimmicks on the last boss. Some may not like that it's straightforward, but I prefer this to the alternatives I've seen insofar.

For things I didn't like...Well, it's really just one glaring thing insofar. I'm not sure who it is, but it seems that the person behind the level design in most of CO and STO's instances is still at it. By that, I mean the conspicuously long, barren hallways that have absolutely no reason for being so long or so prevalent. Just stick with a shorter instance, seriously.

Though, it's lampshaded here by populating it with some fluff and the occasional hidden enemy to stall you from just blowing through it on a travel power.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I played through this on the PTS, is it some kinda daily mission cuz its very short, with nothing but Q for the reward
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if some of the information I noticed when going back through the truncated lore thread in the PnP section of the forums would indicate who the actual final boss of this event could be...after reading an entry there I'm having to change my hypothesis as to which technological villain could be the culprit....I no longer think its Mechanon...After reading about a certain corporation's involvement with a certain super villain I have a feeling I now know which previously unseen in the game....if my hypothesis is correct it's... :eek:... let go of me I wasn't going to tell them...seriously TT you can give me back my keyboard now...:biggrin:
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    I played through this on the PTS, is it some kinda daily mission cuz its very short, with nothing but Q for the reward

I didn't even get the Q, after beating the boss it popped me out so all i got was a small amount of money at the end.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't even get the Q, after beating the boss it popped me out so all i got was a small amount of money at the end.

You have to return to a SOCRATES terminal after exiting the mission instance to complete the mission and collect your Q.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You have to return to a SOCRATES terminal after exiting the mission instance to complete the mission and collect your Q.

And there was no sign of costume pieces as advertised on the Massively site?

"The cyberspace excursion will take place in a group instance ideal for two to three players, and players of any level can get in on the action thanks to enemy level scaling. Players who successfully stand in defense of SOCRATES will be rewarded in meatspace with snazzy new virtual-reality-themed costume pieces."

Cause that's what I read.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And there was no sign of costume pieces as advertised on the Massively site?

"The cyberspace excursion will take place in a group instance ideal for two to three players, and players of any level can get in on the action thanks to enemy level scaling. Players who successfully stand in defense of SOCRATES will be rewarded in meatspace with snazzy new virtual-reality-themed costume pieces."

Cause that's what I read.

The cash and costume bits are awarded at the end of the final cutscene. (Thankfully, they don't drop from the boss, because the cutscene starts before you can loot him.) You only have to visit SOCRATES for the Q and the mission log.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The cash and costume bits are awarded at the end of the final cutscene. (Thankfully, they don't drop from the boss, because the cutscene starts before you can loot him.) You only have to visit SOCRATES for the Q and the mission log.

Thanks for that response:smile:

Any idea what these costume pieces are exactly?
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

These pieces have already been released through the recent lockbox. Would they really give folks the opportunity to get these pieces by just doing the mission? If so, I foresee that a lot of folks who already dished out lots of zen and Q for these parts will be, quite rightly, miffed.

flyingfinn wrote: »

Thanks for that link.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    zer0x0nezer0x0ne Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If we were really meant to be testing this mission, it would be available more than once a day, regardless of how it's going to be released on Live. That would actually give us the opportunity to figure out what's a bug and what's actually meant to be there, before we report what we think might be an issue.

But that's all academic really, isn't it? Because we're not actually meant to be testing anything. The "test" part is just figurative.