test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Issue

jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
Ok Cryptic, time to explain this one to us. My account has been on the pay once a month recurring plan since returning to the game in January this year. On the 12th of this month my account was inactive, it was on the payment date so I resubscribed and my gold status was reactivated. No problem so far.

Now to today, I check my bank account to see if the the payment went through. When I first reactivated my account it stated a pending transaction for $1.00 (nothing out of the ordinary there, just a place holder till you adjust to the full amount) HOWEVER, today there is NOTHING.

No pending transaction, no withdrawn funds... N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I check my account status here on champs, and my account is now marked inactive.

What gives?!
EU5doX8.jpg
@Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• haxavage8haxavage8 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's been happening to me as well, sent a message to PWE-I think you can guess how that worked!:mad:
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I need to find the linked thread, but apparently someone over on STO called their bank and found out that Cryptic is screwing up and bad.

Long story short - they're trying to bill your card WITHOUT the 3 or 4 digit CVV number on the back of it...which means it'll instantly fail. Every single time.

So this is entirely, utterly, and totally Cryptic's fault.

EDIT: Ahha! Here's the post:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3318781&postcount=42
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I fund a friend's account, and the same thing happened to her. We just found out, because she even stayed gold for 10 days without the money coming out, and now it says she's silver.

I feel like it needs to be said: a few of the people this is happening too are serious players in the cc community, from a hosting standpoint. This needs to get sorted, because it's doing serious harm to the game from a few different directions. Not only are people getting demoted, but the ones that are still around are finding less player run events to look forward to. Bad juju all around.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Couldn't have said it better myself Taco
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited June 2013
    Start reading from about here (or post 120 or so):

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=728771&page=13

Nice to see STO's forum mod talking about things. He doesn't have a solution, but at least he's trying.

All we have over here on CO is a part time mod (who yes, is awesome), but he also works for NW as well as other PWE titles.

So we have to go to Cryptic's OTHER GAMES to find out information on what's going wrong this week.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it's been happening to a lot of folks, such as myself.

Funniest thing? PWE refuses to admit anything is wrong on their end and is claiming that ALL of our banks are at fault. :rolleyes:
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Long story short - they're trying to bill your card WITHOUT the 3 or 4 digit CVV number on the back of it...which means it'll instantly fail. Every single time.

That explains why, when this started, people were telling others to use PayPal because it still worked. PayPal will collect the money properly, and then send it to PWE in a way that they can't screw up.
    I don't knoooowww... I seem to recall someone mentioning their Paypal account was having a similar problem.

Oh yes, here it is:
    o0ka1n0o wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this post, thanks for the heads up TrailTurtle, I've experienced this as well, but because of paypal, no transaction seems to have gone through, yet I was able to play as a Gold member as if it had for a few days.

I bought zen from the store and that payment went through.

I have no idea if you guys will be attempting to bill me with a recurring fee for what I thought I was paying for, because supposedly my account is inactive so there's no way for me to cancel anything.

I wish I was playing right now, but I can't so I'm here typing this up.

Edit: Thanks again for the updates TrailTurtle.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK, I never saw that one. They must have really bolloxed things up if they can't even PayPal right.
    Yeah, when I saw that post I remember thinking "Damn, there goes plan B."
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's absolutely mind blowing that this is an issue at all. People are saying "please take my money" and PWE is essentially saying "um, no thanks". How does that makes sense?

As much as I like CO and the people I talk to, I think I'll stay silver for a while. I don't need to spend money to log in and stand outside the PoHo afterall.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its been happening a lot it seems at least 3 people I know have this issue o.O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited June 2013
    sterga wrote: »
    It's absolutely mind blowing that this is an issue at all. People are saying "please take my money" and PWE is essentially saying "um, no thanks". How does that makes sense?

As much as I like CO and the people I talk to, I think I'll stay silver for a while. I don't need to spend money to log in and stand outside the PoHo afterall.

I completely agree. There's stupid. And then...there's oh wow that's stupid.

I mean come on, Cryptic. Seriously?
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wellllp, now I'm glad I didn't reup my sub this weekend like I had planned.

:/
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hah yeah I guess am gonna wait for a bit till resubbing aswell. :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • etherfalconetherfalcon Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it shocking, and yet not so shocking, that now THREE different threads exist on this exact same issue, and more people, myself included, continue to receive incorrect responses to this via Crytpic/PWE support, even after a claimed "resolution" was reached.

Seriously, how can a company function when they can't even properly figure out how to take the willing subscription payments from their customers???

Oh, and I do appreciate the suggestion in the support email to "check out our other game Neverwinter". How convenient. Forgive me if I lack confidence in your ability to support your other titles when you can't even bill me correctly for the game I currently play.

This might be the final straw for me with CO. I really want to like this game but they are really making it impossible to do business with them.
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, no! Go check out Neverwinter! They'll never screw up your subscription over there. I guarantee it!

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
    edited June 2013
    So an update of sorts....

I tried again this morning to reactivate my account and my subscription status said ACTIVATED with a "next bill date" of ... today? An hour later I received an e-mail stating that my account has expired and that I need to renew my subscription. However I was able to log onto my account and take care of a few things (mainly setting up my alt account with items and money stuffs). I logged for lunch, and I JUST checked on my subscription status and it now says INACTIVE with a "play until" date of July 2nd.

I'm not completely confused as to what's going on... Cryptic this issue could and will be a game breaker for many long time and new players. I'm really saddened by this lack of care from the company, be it PWE or Cryptic.
    EU5doX8.jpg
  • twiggertwigger Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree and i also resubbed just 10 days ago payment confirmed and all. Today i log in to a Silver account. If this goes unresolved I will find a new game and yeah this will crash this game when paying subscribers lose confidence in the billing and support staff it is time to go...
    edited June 2013
    Actually based on forum posts it doesn't look promising that ill get satisfactory results. I think ill start downloading a new game today! Thanks CO hahaha and good luck with this mess!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    Probably the best way to handle this is through ticketing support (page or email), but we'll see what kind of progress we can make on the forums as well.

What seems to be most likely is that the payment in some way failed. The days of the subscription staying active would then be due to the system trying to make the payment work, then going inactive once the payment fails.

The most likely cause of this is a user changing the payment info or otherwise modifying a subscription. If something's gone wrong with the new payment info, the subscription will lapse -- the charge might first show as Pending, making it seem as though it worked.

I'd recommend checking your charges and seeing whether the charge actually went through, that might explain it.

It's also worth noting that this is a different issue than the CVV one that somebob mentioned.

Jerax, do you have a ticket in with CS? The symptoms you're getting are weird, and I'm not sure I've seen anyone discussing them in particular -- I'd like to poke people to look closer at yours in particular.

Not charged, think it's because of CVV
    edited June 2013
    Probably the best way to handle this is through ticketing support (page or email), but we'll see what kind of progress we can make on the forums as well.

I did submit a ticket and i hope at this point payment didnt go through cause i dont intend to continue here the game has too many unresolved bugs and this was kinda last straw.
    edited June 2013
    new game downloading as i type lols but good luck there all
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the reply TT, in my particular case i did try to use a different card after the same one I had been using since January with no problem failed to automatically renew my subscription. Both cards have now failed as a result, and I've used both successfully to purchase both my subscription and Zen in the past... hence my confusion. I have sent tickets in and a direct email to PWE, but have yet to receive a reply. This was back when I hadn't received any Zen since April. I never got the double dose that some users did, so I sent a ticket in mid May as well as on the 12th of this month detailing both issues.
    EU5doX8.jpg
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. I logged in, and found that the play button wasn't lit, and wouldn't click. I thought "I just re-upped my subscription a few weeks ago, surely it isn't time yet..."

On my account page, it said in red lettering "inactive" so I renewed.

This morning I looked through my emails to see that I had a "Your Champions subscription has expired -- renew now!" email sent to me yesterday (about 10 minutes after I re-subbed) and I also found one from about two weeks ago. Oddly enough, I bought 1000 Zen last week, and it went through fine. The big difference is that the Zen was on a debit Visa,and the sub was on a credit Visa, both through the same bank. Both have more than the necessary amount available. So if they are missing the 3 digit CV code, it's not every time, maybe only on actual Credit Cards?

Guess I'll submit this to Customer Service as well; the more they see, the more likely they'll come to a fast resolution.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    happened to me, and I use debit. I actually used to work for a bank, so I'm legitimately positive someone on pwe's end is screwing up some form of data transfer. The transaction isn't posting. It'll go into processing, but after the like 7 days or so processing tends to take for this kinda thing (overseas, etc...) it kicks it back and rejects it. If it's not the cvv thing, it's an expiration date thing, or something similar.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited June 2013
    I've been reading the forums about the issues that we all have been dealing with on some level or another, and also doing some internet research..

Ran across this http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=14471 Not ONE mention of CO(outside of a link to the website) This was back in May when the thread was started and around the time that a lot of the account issues were posted. Really? Not ONE thing?? Gee thanks for making me and my money feel like it matters.

Also from another post http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3339911&postcount=41 an Auth code was given.. I looked it up online and ran across this: http://rocket214.com/maxburn/5.%20WebCollect_error_codes_guide_2011_Q4.pdf A look on page 34 for code 430409 states REFERRED with the result of the transaction being declined. What does this mean? And how would a card that worked just fine for several months suddenly no longer work when there's no change to the information as well as plenty of funds to pull from?

Regardless of what Cryptic/PWE does to fix this, it's gone on too long and added to the pile of other serious problems in the game. So I've decided that it's high time that I just keep my money and play as a silver account. Maybe that will be the only way to get their attention... pulling our money away. No Zen, no subs, nothing. *sighs*

Catch you on the flip side fellow champs players.
    EU5doX8.jpg
  • damedarkstardamedarkstar Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am out as well tired of them not resolving this I will be taking my business elsewhere. Second time this has happened this is extremely poor business practices and is not my bank is you incompetent people who need to learn how to run a business.

And Trailturtle this is happening cause you got people in billing not doing their job properly but keep telling people it's our banks.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This isn't the first nor likely the last time the billing and account systems have been a problem. While bugs do happen and stuff does break, there shouldn't be this many problems. Whatever was being worked on with the maintenance today broke something.

Also, this is one problem that Cryptic shouldn't remain silent on.
  • exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I quitted the game a year ago because they broke the game in general. Now iv descided to give them another chance...and this is what i get? Idk if thats the 1st or w/e time they have problems with billing/account...all i know is this was the LAST STRAW. All i want is MY money back so i can quit this game 1ce and for all. I dont want my sub re-activated i dont want excuses i just want MY money back. I subbed for 3 months 15days ago.

Remember a year ago when u literally could not change instaces cuz of the amount of ppl playing? And now theres 200-300 ppl playing the game.... Well guess whats gonna happen after this 1 :) ...poor lifetimers.... Cryptic/PWE u failed us all... I guess that leaves me with more time to gaze upon my god tier unusuals in TF2 :D

Cryptic/PWE - my money in my bank account now.