test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Specialization Trees balance, why not ?

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Suggestions Box
Everyone talk about Power, Device, or Gear, but no one touch about Specialization Trees & Stats. Why not ? So I suggest.

CON is OP ! So nerf it !! :3
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In what ways is the Con tree OP? If any needs nerfing (and I don't think any do), it's Dex.

There are a couple that I consider underpowered, that could use a bit of a buff.
    edited June 2013
    Recovery is OP! :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In what ways is the Con tree OP? If any needs nerfing (and I don't think any do), it's Dex.

There are a couple that I consider underpowered, that could use a bit of a buff.

Nah, half joking but most ppl in PvP takes CON in primary or secondary which ever. So it must be OP !!

CON nerf means me nerf. xD

cyrone wrote: »
    Recovery is OP! :biggrin:
    lol Then Endurance is also OP !! xD

Well for the serious opinion, CON(or STR)-Protector-Vindicator and Protector mastery with Resurgence & MD, most build will be OP. High -DPS also viable
    Con PSS will give you both energy, knock resistance & scale of Heal. If you get DEX as secondary, it will give you Critical & Dodge bonus also.
    75% of ppl QQing for nerf-cry are hiding their OP only for their selves. I don't like the way they are doing.
    Yes, the Specialization Trees balance fix will be huge damage for me but I don't care.

I'll chooose myself nerfed then let them make OP paradise only for them selves.
    I learned much from COPvP history. :3
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't nerf the good specializations. Buff the weak ones instead. We don't need more mediocrity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Don't nerf the good specializations. Buff the weak ones instead. We don't need more mediocrity.

^

I'd say none of the spec trees are really OP. Intelligence's most grievous problems have been put back into place, while Dexterity specs still are kind of costly and difficult to distribute. Actually, if there was any one stat spec tree that might need nerfing now, it'd be Strength.

On the flipside, the Endurance and Recovery trees are horrible. Every other tree has several applications you can use it for, but truely effective endurance or recovery characters just get locked into the same specializations again and again. Take a look:
    • Strength - High-damage melee criticals OR Melee tanking
    • Dexterity - Critical hits OR Dodge tanking
    • Constitution - General Survivability OR Heavy tanking
    • Intelligence - Control OR Defense/Recharge DPS
    • Ego - Ranged DPS OR Heavy Crits
    • Presence - Heavy support OR Regenerative/support Hybrid
    • Recovery - Full-energy critical hits
    • Endurance - Power Armor
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    ^

I'd say none of the spec trees are really OP. Intelligence's most grievous problems have been put back into place, while Dexterity specs still are kind of costly and difficult to distribute. Actually, if there was any one stat spec tree that might need nerfing now, it'd be Strength.

On the flipside, the Endurance and Recovery trees are horrible. Every other tree has several applications you can use it for, but truely effective endurance or recovery characters just get locked into the same specializations again and again. Take a look:

End basically gives you a minor in Rec and Con. It's like getting three stats for the price of one major. It's an all-rounder to use if you're using one of the Energy Projector Reverbs (Thermal, Ionic, Wind, etc).

And the "tanking" bits in Dex are outweighed by what you can get from gear/powers. Str at least lets you massively pump Defense by taking Con.

Rec tree's crit-buff needs to be at over 50% of max energy, not 90%. That'd be about all it would need to make people want it. Then make Overpower (from End) be a multiplicative damage buff when over 90% energy (instead of additive), and you suddenly have damagey-based reasons for people to take Rec or End as majors.

Yes, it's pigeonholing them into damage buffs, but they're damage buffs that work with everything and that reward you for managing your energy at more than the "I have blue, make stuff die" level.

The "role" trees are in far worse shape, balance-wise, than the superstat trees. The only trees with things actually worth taking are:

-Sentinel: For support characters. Sentinel Aura, the Resist debuff on hold/stun and its Mastery
    -Vindicator: HoT-on-kill, crit severity, crit chance, Aggressive Stance
    -Guardian/Warden: The Best Defense, crit severity
    -Pet stuff (if you're a horrible degenerate)

Sentry, Arbiter, Brawler and Avenger are all either awful or outdone by Guardian/Warden in what they try to do.

And don't even get me started on the Masteries...they would have been such a good spot to address balance issues. Instead, they range from brokenly good (Protector Mastery) to completely useless (Guardian Mastery) or boring as hell (all the of the +stat ones).

The only one that I'd keep in its current form is Sentinel Mastery, as it lets hold/debuff-focused characters actually contribute to the only meaningful form of team support (spamming green numbers).

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    bluhman wrote: »

What do you mean with "Regenerative/support Hybrid" the description sounds cool but I do not imagine a build around it.
  • Options
    iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Nah, half joking but most ppl in PvP takes CON in primary or secondary which ever. So it must be OP !!

CON nerf means me nerf. xD

The problem is PvP not CON. If a player can crit over another player for 20k it has no sense to superstat anything else than CON, nothing is useful when you are dead in 1 hit.

I admit I have been away from PvP for long but I guess the problem persists.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iceih03 wrote: »
    What do you mean with "Regenerative/support Hybrid" the description sounds cool but I do not imagine a build around it.

Presence has a pretty well-rounded tree - the stat itself increases healing strength, which means you can stack effects like Conviction and BCR for very powerful healing. This is coupled with specializations that can boost defense and crit chance with secondary stats, alongside offense boosts with presence, and a bit more personal survivability with things like selfless ally. You can crit, you can tank, and you can heal - Regenerative/Support Hybrid.

It's kind of like making a tank with Strength's Juggernaut, or a crit character with Ego primary - you get benefits to do something else by choosing a primary for its spec tree, and then focusing more heavily on your secondary stats. Though honestly, that aspect of Presence is a little weaker than most other primary trees, and in general it's pretty much best suited for pure support.
    a lot of right stuff.

Full agreement with you there. Anyone reading this with a few freeform alts, count up how many of them use Guardian, Vindicator, or Warden.

The main problem with this, though, is that those three trees are pretty much crafted to solo - they're all very balanced in terms of offense and defense. Avenger and Brawler are probably the next most common ones, since the value of DPS is quite high (what with smashes, and aggro scaling if you happen to be a tank), but these are used less, due to a horrible deficiency in any kind of defensive bonuses.

Protector's actually cool, in that it has unique buffs (immunity to roots? Extra hybrid threat? Faster active defense recharges?) Problem is that the boosts are too small to really justify the fact that you lose damage output by choosing this path - and by extension, you lose base threat generation. Sentry suffers from a very similar problem, in that the base descriptions and concepts behind the setup make it seem like it would be awesome - just that every buff does practically nothing.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))