test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Replacement Revamp - any updates?

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Power Discussion
Shortly before Crafting got nuked, there was Dev topic floating around about how they were going to redesign Power Replacement devices to be more practical in terms of gameplay.

I'll recap the concept, since it's been a long time.

A Power Replacer changes the damage of a specific powerset to augment it with a certain base power.

The one I was most familiar with is Power Armor, I crafted a power replacement module to augment my Power Armor attacks with Fire damage.

I also crafted Sword power replacers to augment my TechNinja character with Ice Sword damage.

Sadly, this was not practical in the actual term of gameplay since the selection of damage augmentations was limited (1-3 choices) and to equip a power replacer, you had to give up a primary item which reduced your stats and in addition, the replacer item was not level 40, most of the time level 16-33.

So Cryptic proposed a revamp of Power Replacers, that you were going to recieve a new slot specifically for slotting a Power Replacer so you wouldn't need to give up one of your slotted primary items.

I think they were also going to add more variety of power replacers as well.

But apparently, they've forgotten about that idea.

A shame, I really was looking forward to this.

I wanted a proper power armor fire replacement for my Fire themed Power Armor character.

My TechNinja and Armored Knight characters would also like Elemental Sword replacers (Fire, Ice, Earth, Electric) as well.

An Earth fire replacer would be nice for my Earth Tank as well, since the theme of their power is that they heat up the rocks to use them as weapons.

Toxic damage would also be another desired replacer, although I'm not sure who I'd use that with.
But I'm sure I'd come up with some ideas if I had it to work with.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• Options
    rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yup I remember them there was ones for munitions also. I think all the power sets at the time had ones for them. would be nice to get them back so u could get a power replacer for your dual guns heroes that makes the guns sound and look like lazers:biggrin: