test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Face only a mother could love" sorta deal?

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
Or, costume only the creator can love.

This is Toolbox, my main character. I made the costume with "self-made inventions" in mind, trying to make it seem like a sort of junkyard combat suit of sorts. I personally love it; I know what every piece is supposed to "be" in a roleplay-ish sorta sense, and the costume itself kinda tells a story, in my mind.

Problem is, there's no way in heck anyone else is going to know what's running through my head about it. I've been popping in on costume contests hoping for the miracle of victory that I'm sure will never come. Hasn't come yet, anyway.

Basically, is this costume at all decent at a glance? Or does it look like a bunch of random costume pieces cobbled together with absolutely no rhyme or reason?
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol, well I rather like it, but I see what you mean the contests tend to prefer a clear theme to the character. I think the colours go pretty well together, to be honest my feeling with the game is so long as YOU like your character then its ok.
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First glance its pretty obvious, steampunk cowboy sorta guy. Its a really nice cossie with faint colours used, you should be proud of your cossie because it most certainly looks awesome. :P

dont be too fussy with the theme.. just make anything you feel like, no one is stopping you.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think he looks cool!

CC judges might not like it since they generally want to see categories rather than concepts, so your awesome steampunk cowboy looking fellow won't be able to win a CC for cowboys unless the judges are very liberal.

Trying to appeal to CC judges and keeping your character concept are usually mutually exclusive, unfortunately. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Alrighty, thanks for the input. XD At least I know I'm not swinging through Millennium City making people gag!
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Alrighty, thanks for the input. XD At least I know I'm not swinging through Millennium City making people gag!

Hmm......Gag-Man!

*Rushes to the costume creator*
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hmm......Gag-Man!

*Rushes to the costume creator*

Make sure to give him Superspeed so that he can be a running gag.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    XD

I'll make him a Master Archetype so he can be a gag reflex
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If we keep this up, we're gonna be gagged.