test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questionite and PVP

daeymondarksouldaeymondarksoul Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Hero Games
Would letting players exchange Acclaim for Questionite cases resolve this issue of no one being interested in PvP? Would seem quite an easy change to implement as well, just add Questionite cases to the Acclaim store. What do people think?
Post edited by daeymondarksoul on

Comments

• kingironwolf69kingironwolf69 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no
    because
    no
  • prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only people who actually PvP that often are fantastically rich in this game. Either from residual currency left from the old exploit, or the sheer amount of hours and IRL money they put into it. To convert acclaim to questionite fully, at a 1:1 ratio, for approximately 100 characters, would be, assuming an average of 25 longtime PvPers, having around 2.5M acclaim, 50 longtime that have spent, or newer players saving at around 1M, and 25 spenders at 500K gives us a guessistmate of around 125 Million Q being suddenly put into the system. This would cause a period of inflation in the auction house for selling of these goods, and then a fall in all prices, as the Q is converted to G in this manner.

It'd make the rich richer.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • daeymondarksouldaeymondarksoul Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It wouldn't be 1:1, Questionite cases or maybe I should of said boxes, gives a random return. Sometimes 200, sometimes 1000. In terms of the effect on the economy, there is still the limit on how much you can refine each day but in terms of the uber rich, wipe the Acclaim on all accounts, give a 30 day notice, so they got time to buy what they want then wipe it. Seems a bit drastic, but PvP is dead and its not like those people were using the Acclaim anyways.

I returned to the game after a year's break and can't believe the state of the PvP. I only did it for fun as a break from missions, so not a hardcore PvP'er at all but I have queued constantly for stronghold for a month now, and have yet to have one single match. How long has the PvP been like this for? Is it the size of the active player base or a lack of interest that's the issue?
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's too much work for something that wont make PWE any money. HOWEVER if you suggested they add in a instantly become epic at pvp lockbox then MAYBE it would happen.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • mushermusher Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that I think about it, why are we promised Glory Unending, and instead we get Long Speeches and Resources?

Wouldn't it make more sense for Forum Malvanum to award us Acclaim instead?