test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reporting Players for posting Fake Items(Items from other Games)?

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
So an issue has come up with players from Neverwinter reporting other players in STO and CO for posting "fake items" in shared channels. Those fake items being ones they cannot see the details because they are posted from other games. NWO players are not aware that Cryptic has other games and all their games share the same chat system.

So where is the underlying source of this problem? Is it Cryptic's system of cross game chat? Is it the broken/working-as-intended chat ban system? Is it Cryptic not knowing how to explain anything to their customers?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you Post this over in the Neverwinter Forums? It COULD help. Maybe.
    But, yeah, another "It would be hilarious if it didn't suck moment" brought to you by your Fiends at CrypticWorld.

To C.B., I want to apologise. I made one of those tiny little typo's that make a post go from sympathetic but pessimistic to full blown insulting. It has been corrected and no offence was meant. Seriously, I forgot ONE "T" and it changed the whole post to something kind of ugly.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess you just discovered the shared chat server.

All player-created channels are shared among the games. Trade channels fall into this player-created, shared category.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Did you Post this over in the Neverwinter Forums? It COULD help. Maybe.

I won't bother since it won't stay on the first three pages for 9 minutes, so no one will notice.

All player-created channels are shared among the games. Trade channels fall into this player-created, shared category.

You're kidding right? Everyone who has played the game long enough figured this out. The problem is that Cryptic isn't equipped to telling how the game works or how to play it from outside of the game on their websites.

An example is the website lets you purchase a subscription and gain freeform ability, but they don't tell you how it works. They aren't open with the functions of the game. You can't sell as much if you don't explain what the things you are selling actually does.

The shared chat confusion for newer players is just an inherent issue of the main problem:
    Cryptic doesn't know how to directly communicate useful information to its customers.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Bear your normally sharper than this. Get your wake up coffee man :)
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are shared if you connect to them, you can leave that channel and join others.

This is why I've been trying to get them to use the NWOtrade channel, someone created especially for them. So that we won't have this confusion.

Mordic(I think) has even got a thread listing all the channels for NWO including for specific worlds/shards.
    You search trade chat and its one which comes up , has his link to the thread in it.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Bear your normally sharper than this. Get your wake up coffee man :)

Morning coffee? Heck, I am drinking the coffee all Dave, all Night!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Morning coffee? Heck, I am drinking the coffee all Dave, all Night!

Well theres your problem.

I once had 20 cups of coffee and 5 red bulls in one 6 hour period once. That ended up with me nearly putting my pug Mr Marv in the fridge for the night. He was sleeping on a plate on the kitchen table I mistook him for a roast chicken. He got a bit pissy when he got a face full of cling film.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So where is the underlying source of this problem? Is it Cryptic's system of cross game chat? Is it the broken/working-as-intended chat ban system? Is it Cryptic not knowing how to explain anything to their customers?

1. Many new NW players don't know that there -is- cross-game chat. Understandably, since how many other companies offer that?

2. They simply join the "trade" channel, not knowing that it is actually meant for CO. In their defense, it would be less confusing if the channel was named "COtrade", but it's too late for that now.

4. Yes and no; Cryptic simply can't be bothered to explain the cross-game chat! To me, it looks like they'd rather have people not knowing CO even exists.
    chaelk wrote: »
    Mordic(I think) has even got a thread listing all the channels for NWO including for specific worlds/shards.
    You search trade chat and its one which comes up , has his link to the thread in it.

Telling them on the NW forums how the trade channels work sounds like a good idea. But in reality, there is so much activity, chances are a new post would be unread on the 3rd page in a few minutes. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, I've been looking at the Forums over in Neverwinter quite a bit the last two days ( just got back from Sea and just too tired to do much else) and they aren't that busy anymore. Oh, their busyer than Champs, but a Thread would have at least a chance. Especially if those of us from the other effected games gave it a bit of a bump now and then;)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Purged some posts.

Also, locking thread, because I don't think it's redeemable. Let me be very clear: there are some words will not be allowed on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.