test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question..

kimmikammikimmikammi Posts: 4 Arc User
What happened to releasing costume pieces and travel powers for zen?
Post edited by kimmikammi on

Comments

• enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter happened.

But now that it's in open beta hopefully we'll get more devs back once it gets gets good and going
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They realized that doing that would actually require work, and they didn't feel it was possible with a dev team of Zero working on the game.

I for one am a big advocate on a super hero game that actually releases costumes and powers on a regular basis and frankly the only two we really have right now are doing such a terrible job at that it's not even funny.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they've released a different coloured flying thing.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gamble boxes, PW, and Vehicles happened though to be fair when costume packs were all we were getting each month people did complain about them. Imo, the complaints were mostly because as they went the quality began to wane and there wasn't any new content to go with those costumes.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    Gamble boxes, PW, and Vehicles happened though to be fair when costume packs were all we were getting each month people did complain about them. Imo, the complaints were mostly because as they went the quality began to wane and there wasn't any new content to go with those costumes.
    To be completely fair, the complaint at the time wasn't that we were getting costumes, it's that we weren't getting anything else. No one hardly griped about the costumes coming out on a regular basis, especially when things like Whiteout were coming out.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be completely fair, the complaint at the time wasn't that we were getting costumes, it's that we weren't getting anything else. No one hardly griped about the costumes coming out on a regular basis, especially when things like Whiteout were coming out.

I remember it, just saying perhaps they associated it with them releasing costume pieces instead. It could also be due to the one or two art devs we had were shuffled over to NWO and STO.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    I remember it, just saying perhaps they associated it with them releasing costume pieces instead. It could also be due to the one or two art devs we had were shuffled over to NWO and STO.
    Don't get me wrong, I love costumes and I support them- it's one of my favorite aspects of this game. If they released 5 costume packs today- hell, 10 of them- I'd buy them. I'm not even kidding.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've bought every costume set that has come out since On Alert. Not because I am trying to support Crytpic, but entirely because they were good sets.

I miss new sets. I like new free sets that can be traded in game! But I like new sets in store that I can use right away better.

Now I understand why they released Nighthawk's set as droppables along with putting it up entirely in the store. They wanted to test the difference between farmable pieces and purchases.

Looks like farming won.

Conclusion: Putting the costume sets in lockboxes means they make more money for less output.
  • dredoctor#8355 dredoctor Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can I have freeform?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coolcar031 wrote: »
    How can I have freeform?

Click on the Store button at the top right of the page. Yes, you will need to spend money for the best a game has to offer in terms of the best customization any game has had ever.
  • hunpolushunpolus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hello , i can't make threads so i ask here , here an image http://postimg.org/image/8858zpakr/ this 2 thing showing up in the main menu,loading screen,in-game everywhere... i not found the right command to disable it help me pls , thanks
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What i think is that the Costume Designer(s) jobs descriptions have changed to Vehicle Designer :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, to hazard a guess a costume has a finite amount of expected revenue from it. its a one time buy. now lockboxes(or rather cosmic keys), as well as hero packs and promethium keys have the economic advantage, from the publishers perspective, as something people need to buy and buy and buy. now, one could argue, and many have, that many dont buy from a system that is likely to take their money and not give them anything to show for it, but given the stubborn resilience of the lockbox keys here and in many mmos right now indicates that more people buy them, or at least the people that buy them buy enough of them, to offset the ill will they make for players who prefer a deterministic way of getting them.

Now , from a gamers perspective, we kind of like seeing good things and being able to buy them, but for publishers, i can see , grudgingly, their point. you do pay in goodwill when you continue it as long as cyptic has. Long ago some dev, i think it was taco, had responded to some forum complaints that allw e got was costume packs and no content by saying they were going to cool it for a bit to make bigger stuff. presumably the change in nwo's tiemframe derailed those plans, but putting up new costumes would be a nice sign of life again.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hunpolus wrote: »
    hello , i can't make threads so i ask here , here an image http://postimg.org/image/8858zpakr/ this 2 thing showing up in the main menu,loading screen,in-game everywhere... i not found the right command to disable it help me pls , thanks

/showfps 0

Don't know what that box on the bottom left is, but whatever command you used, instead of a 1 at the end, type it again but with a 0, as above.
    biffsig.jpg