test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Additions to Telepathy...

deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Suggestions Box
Because you know we want them Cryptic... or do you even care anymore?

[5/23/13 Set]

Mind Tap - 50 Foot (Single target on Tap, 15 foot AoE on Charge) Debuff
+Applies a Debuff to affected targets which increases incoming damage and causes any damage the target to deal to return to its owner.
+If multiple targets are affected by this debuff, any damage returned is shared and any damage dealt to one is randomly dealt to another target.
+No Cooldown!
+If one target of your mind tap is also affected by another person's mind tap, all affected targets (both you and your partner's) take extra damage. In addition, if your targets take damage, so will your ally's and vice versa.
+Debuff should become an additional proc to Telepathic Reverb
-Maximum of 5 targets can be affected by this debuff
*Advantage - 2 - Affected targets that attempt to charge an attack are interrupted and receive damage, weaker targets become Held

Telepathic Resonnance - 50 Foot Team Active Support
+Allies near you become resistant to Intangible Holds/Roots/etc. and are granted a minor Defense boost
+Allies that become held even through this effect receive a HoT Buff and are granted Max Energy
+You receive a buff that operates at 25% of the original power for each ally affected for the duration.
-Shared Cooldown on other Active Supports (Which STILL don't exist!)

Domination - 50 Foot Target 25 Foot Sphere Tap
+Randomly attempts to hold a target in the area
+Any targets that become held receive a DoT for the duration of the Hold
+Any target that breaks free of the hold receives damage and will become confused, the hold will jump to a different target affected by the area.
+Any targets immune to hold receive damage and the hold will attempt to jump to another target
+Area lasts about twice as long as summoned Sigils and cannot be attacked or damaged
-Cannot Crit
-Medium Cooldown
*Advantage - 2 - If any allies (or you) are in the area and a target becomes held, they receive a HoT buff for the duration of the hold

Telepathic Aura (Suggested a while back and revamped for this) - Slotted Support Passive
+Major Hold Resistance for you and allies
+Major Crowd Control Effect Buff for yourself
+Minor HoT for you and allies
+Minor Ego Damage DoT for nearby enemies
+Reduces Hold Resist and removes a single stack of ANY Crowd Control Buff (Hold Resist, Knock Resist, etc.) for enemies you attack

--
Mind Link to become a Toggle instead of a Maintain...
--

[5/24/13 Set]

Psyche - 50 Foot Single Ally Buff
+Any time your ally deals damage, they deal an additional 25% Ego Damage to the target (At most once every half second)
+If your ally uses Ego Damage, they deal 50% extra Ego Damage instead and apply a debuff to the target which reduces their resistance to Crowd Control.
+Can be casted on yourself, but the effects of the power operate at half and the duration is also halved
+Anyone who receives an instance of Psyche is granted Max Energy and an Energy over Time buff that scales with your Pre
-Medium Cooldown
-Applying Psyche to a target makes them incapable of receiving another instance of Psyche for 30 seconds
*Advantage - 3 - After your Psyche has ended on an ally, it will jump to another ally and yourself for half the duration

Lockdown - 50 Foot (Single Target on Tap, 15 Foot Sphere on Charge) Disable
+Targets affected forget how to fight and are unable to attack for the duration
+If fully charged, the main target becomes a conduit. Any Ego Damage dealt to the target is shared with other enemies within melee range of the main target.
-Medium Cooldown
*Advantage - 2 - Main target receives Ego Damage if they become free of the Disable

Scan - 50 Foot Sphere Stealth Disable
+Disables Placates, Stealth, Perception Debuffs (Smoke Grenades) and the like to targets in the area, allowing allies and yourself to fight back against those who try to hide in plain sight.
+Has No Cooldown
-Must be fully charged
*Advantage - 2 - Targets that are under the effects of Placates/Stealth or have a Perception Debuff skill active receive a Defense and Damage Debuff.

Hope you enjoyed my contribution to something that Cryptic will forever ignore.
Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been posting additions to telepathy for a while now lol. I'll just comment cause I <3 Telepathy so much.

Telepathy - Dominator<--Bluhman's idea
    Your psychic abilities enable you to bend foes to your will, allowing you to wither your enemies to dust without their retaliation.
    + Support passive
    + Increases power of heals and ego damage by equal parts (albeit at slightly less effective levels than an offense passive)
    + Increases potency of all holds, confuses, and debuffs.
    + Supervillains and Legendaries are now affected by your control effects! However, these control effects only last for half duration.
    + Attacks do extra damage if target is held or confused.

All mine from here on out..

Psionic Barrage - Maintained High Mental/Ego Damage Power. Cone Power. Applies Lockdown, but allows you to turn to maintain the assault on moving targets. [3pt Advantage: Torn Psyche - applies a 25% defense debuff to all affected targets]

Astral Blast - Sending your astral form into an opponent for a chance to insta kill (would have same mechanics as Death Ray i.e. would not work on higher than Enforcer, but for every above enforcer target they would take significant extra damage, or get debuffed resistance against Ego Damage)

Astral Form - By leaving your body in a protective psionic field you can exit your physical body and attack foes with your astral weapons/blasts. You are immune to all damage apart from Dimensional/Magic/Ego. However, after five seconds the shield around your physical form is dropped leaving your body vulnerable to attack. If your body dies your astral form will die too. Toggle Power which drains Energy and HP at a slow rate. Exiting this form will return you to your body at 50% hp and energy, regardless of your bodies previous state. Ranking this power up will gain it more weapons/attacks. (Works in a similar fashion to a become, i.e. Passive - Astral Being (granting Physical and Energy Damage immunity, and very minor heal on hit), Three Astral Weapons for Melee Range and Three Long Range Astral Blast Powers, and a block Astral Defense)

Telepathic Illusions - You attack your foes minds dealing minimal Ego damage but applying a strong Fear and Terror Debuffs which cause your enemies to either be stunned or run away in terror (similar to how civilians run away)

Mind Control - Faction Conversion Power - You can twist your foes minds to work with you for a time, causing them to become your pets. Once they have outlived their usefulness they take heavy Ego Damage and die (applies to weak targets. Mind Control works on everything up to Enforcer Level. On higher level targets it applies a -XX% damage output debuff, instead of control.)

Psionic Wave - A PBAoE attack which allows you to lashout with your mental might against foes, causing a knockdown or stun to opponents affected. Deals Ego Damage. Ranking this power up increases Wave Radius and damage dealt.

Mental Shield<--Block Replacer/Enhancer

Mental Shield creates a protective barrier of psychic energy that reduces incoming damage and increases in effictiveness as time goes on. Has a 2% chance to fully Placate attacking enemies (3 max) (20% chance to placate at 10 stacks). Protection increases as block is held. (stacks up to 10 max)
    250% all damage resist (300% to Paranormal) - (Same block dmg resist progression as Eldritch Shield)

Advantages: Trick of the mind
    This advantage gives your shield a 80% chance to cloud the visual cortex of your enemies, rendering you invisible and untargetable for 10 seconds. However this advantage can only be activated on an application of crippling challenge or when your health falls below 60%. Attacking during this stealthed period will render you visible. Has an internal cooldown of 15 seconds before it can reactivate.

Mind Control <--orignal suggestion for mind control

Your psychic power allows you to dominate and command your foes for a duration of time. This power causes the targeted enemy to become a friendly pet for a short duration. The power and duration of your mind control scales with your Primary SS. However if your primary stat is INT/PRE this scaling is greater. Max length that they can be controlled for is 40 seconds.
    Other Champions build up resistance (3 stacks max) to your mind control and can no longer be controlled by you for a short while. Champions are paralyzed for 30 seconds. After your targets outlive their usefulness they take 100 Ego damage. Breaking out of this control effect early causes your targets to take more Ego damage.

Advantage: Total Control
    This advantage turns this power into an AoE power but reduces the length of time that subjects remain under your control by 20%. (Max targets 5)

Psionic Barrage <--original Psionic Barrage Suggestion

You unleash your mental might against your foes in a cylindrical beam of mental power, barraging them with your pure powerful and furious psychic power.

Advantages: Twisted Rage
    This advantage allows for one of the following status effects to be applied to your targets in a random fashion
    -Fear
    -Disorient
    -Placate
    -Hold
    -Autokill (2% Chance) (Only affects Enforcers and lower. x4 damage taken to higher ranking targets, such as Other Champions,Legendaries, Cosmics, instead of autokill condition.)

Psionic Slam <--original "Psionic Wave" Suggestion

You expose your enemies to your telepathic power by blasting them with an (AoE) attack which has a 100% to disorent on full charge. You jump and spin in the air landing a little bit closer to your target and release a wave of telepathic energy causing a knockback effect.

Advantages: CNS Malfunction
    Your mental power is such that you cause the targets to loose control of thier bodies for a duration rendering them defenceless against EGO damage. (2-5 sec paralyze, 10% resistance reduction for 10 secs) Other Champions are more resistant to these effects and suffer a 3 sec stun instead and a -20% defense penetration debuff to damage.

Psychic Illusions

By entering your foes mind, you can project various different copies of yourself in the surrounding area, whilst clouding their visual cortex, rendering you invisible to them. The targets cannot attack or move but taunt the target instead. In exchange this power requires all your energy, the strain of trying to attack whilst there are more than 3 illusions active will cause a 5 sec self stun. You remain in stealth for 8 secs, the effectiveness of your stealth scales with your PRE.

Advantage: Aggressive Hallucinations
    This advantage allows your last illusion standing to explode on the first strike by a foe dealing a third of it's HP as damage and causing a knock down effect to target.

Mind Reader- Passive.
    Everyones mind is an open book to you, this allows you to easily pinpoint points of weakness and exploit them. Your psychic mastery and mental powers also allow you to "see" attacks coming and defend yourself appropriately.
    + Can be slotted Hybrid or Support Passive
    + Increases potency of damage/heals for pets and self. (Scales with PRE)
    + Increases all crowd control durations (scales with PRE)
    + Gives significant dodge and avoidance bonus (1/4-1/3-1/2 the dodge/avoid amount LR does)
    + Grants Stealth Sight (Scales with PRE)
    + Grants a moderate damage resistance buff ( 15% - 30% - 45%) (Rank 1- 2 -3)

Advantage - Psychic Manifenstation - You are a powerful psychic, and you wear your manifestation of psychic power proud and bright for all to see.
    + Zero point advantage. Purely cosmetic like AoRP's Runic Glow.
    + Allows for customisation of it in Tailor. Colours etc
    (( For this advantage I am thinking more X-Men, Emma Frost/Psylocke type of Psychic Manifestations and perhaps similar to AoAC's aura emation effect))

For the dodge/avoid buff Mind Reader grants, it would scale with Rank:

Rank 1 - 1/4 of rank 1 LR dodge/avoid amount

Rank 2 - 1/3 of rank 2 LR dodge/avoid amount

Rank 3 - 1/2 of rank 3 LR dodge/avoid amount.

I dont think it would stack so like 1/4 + 1/3 + 1/2 but would actually change so from 1/4 it would become 1/3 of a rank 2 LR for dodge and avoid buff.

I think that your own personal psychic manifestation should be on those under/in your aura..perhaps a weak animation when they are in 150ft of you, and alot more defined when they are attacked by you. (Enemies only)

Now for the following powers...not sure if I balanced them or not, I dont think I did..

Psychic Psight - Active Offensive

By temporarily focusing your psychic energy and forcing your mind to concentrate you can extend your telepathic reach. By doing this all minds within your reach can be accessed and controlled. You enemies minds become like open books to you allowing you to find, target and exploit weak points in their mind. Whilst in this state of extreme concentration, no mind can hide from you. No matter how hard they try.

+Grants total Stealth Sight
    +Significantly boosts Critical Severity and Critical Chance (Scales with Pre)
    +Boosts all damage and places a healing debuff on all opponents within 150ft of you. Damage boost is higher for mental/telepathic damage.
    +Increases Hold potency
    +Grants a 15% increase to damage resistance for duration of offensive.
    - Standard Active Offensive cooldown
    - After duration is up places a stack Psychic Surge on you. Psychic Surge prevents you from fully charging all of your attacks for a short while (3 seconds).

Sphere of Madness - Active Defensive

When surrounded by a multitude of unwashed and dangerous foes. You simply emit pulses of strong psychic energy which drives all foes in it's radius totally mad. Crazed foes are unable to target you and are constantly barraged by psychic terrors and illusions driving them more often than not to self harm and inflicting harm on their allies. Some foes become your servants through sheer madness, once they have outlived their usefulness you drive them into a psychotic break, usually killing them...oh well...

+All foes within a 100ft Radius are driven crazy and gain stacks of Madness. Madness increases the likelihood of random status effects on your targets by 20% per stack and stacks up to 3 times.
    +High chance for targets to become confused and attack themselves and their allies.
    +30% chance for some targets to be affected by Friendly Madness, allowing them to serve you for 40 seconds before killing themselves or breaking free of your control.
    +Grants a 50% damage resistance buff to self and a 20% damage resitance buff to all allies in it's radius.
    - Standard Active Defensive CoolDown
    - Targets can also be affected by Blinding Rage which reduces your ability to attack them effectively giving them 10% higher damage resistance than normal. 40% chance for targets to be affected by Blinding Rage.
    - Other Champions are more resistant to the subliminal psychic waves and instead take 1660 Ego Damage per pulse and are unable to target you for the duration instead of becoming your servants. Other Champions can however still be affected by frequent and random status debuffs and take a 20% defense penetration debuff.

Advantage - Reverse Psychology
    This advantage allows you to use Blinding Rage to your favour giving you a 10% defense penentration buff for as long as they are affected by Blinding Rage.

Psychic Barrier - AoE Shield/Buff
    When you and your allies are faced with a hoard of foes and with no where to run, You summon great power from the Astral Realm and extend this power into the plane of reality, constructing a large barrier around your allies, which shields all inside it and places a small Heal over Time component on them. No foe can breach this barrier for it's duration.

+70ft AoE Maintain which lasts for 15 seconds.
    +Absorbs 100% of damage for the duration
    +Unlimited number of allies can be protected
    +Keeps all foes from attacking allies.
    -10 second Cooldown
    -Debuffs all outgoing damage by 30%.

1 point Advantage - Subliminal Messaging
    Whilst inside your barrier, you and your allies are inspired to fight better than they normally would increasing damage by 15% for a short while. On the other hand foes are drained of Will Power and fight with 15% less strength than they normally would.

I can't remember if I took the advice to balance them or not...
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds awesome! I found particularly interesting: Telepathy - Dominator, the astral form-based ideas, Psychic illusions and Mind Control. The attacks and all the others sound pretty interesting as well. Really great ideas, guys! :wink::smile:

The OP's Mind Tap idea reminds me of an existing power in the game, not available to players but often used by Viper Psionics and other villains, called Psionic Reflective Shield - like the name suggests, a psychokinetic bubble that protects the psionic from all damage for its duration and reflects a percentage of damage back to the attacker - at the cost of mobility. I used to *beg* around here for this power to be added to the TK set, but have long given up. :frown: I would think that at least concept-wise, a shield/bubble is such a quintessential ability to Telekinesis and I also happen to love the FX and animation, I think it's on point, and so visually cohesive with the set.

My own suggestion would also be inspired by a villain's power. Here's a screenshot. And following is the description of the device itself:

Psionic Echoes: Amalgamated into a psionic resonator crystal, these shards of the supervillain Medusa's personality can be released into psionic echoes of her to attack your foes.

1.67 sec activate time
    50 feet
    5 minutes 0 seconds recharge
    Creates a level ?? Psionic Echo 20 sec
    Creates a level ?? Psionic Echo 20 sec

What appeals to me about this as opposed to the other summon powers, again, is the FX- I like the idea of it being based off the telepath's personality (toon's "astral" look, if you will) instead of a random creature such as Etherhounds or whatever that big worm (O.o) thingie is supposed to be. Could work best as a FX replacement to Summon Nightmare, I suppose, than wasted on a brand new power.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spordelia wrote: »
    Sounds awesome! I found particularly interesting: Telepathy - Dominator, the astral form-based ideas, Psychic illusions and Mind Control. The attacks and all the others sound pretty interesting as well. Really great ideas, guys! :wink::smile:

I'm actually thinking of adding more to this like I did my Plants suggestion (which happens to be buried somewhere in these forums under the name "Plants!". Go ahead, necro/bump it... it needs the attention). Be sure to check back every now and then!

spordelia wrote: »
    The OP's Mind Tap idea reminds me of an existing power in the game, not available to players but often used by Viper Psionics and other villains, called Psionic Reflective Shield.

While they both do the same thing, Mind Tap is a Debuff applied to enemies and the Psionic Shield is sorta like a Block power. Personally though, Mind Tap will deal much more damage since it'll affect everyone attached to it plus some if there's another player using Mind Tap on a different group but there's a link between the two when a single target has the debuff from both players. Mind Tap is really meant to help Telepaths actually do damage to large groups of enemies.

And yes Telepaths, as in TEAMS OF TELEPATHS! They'll make you think more than twice!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Telepathy.png

Telepathy NOW! - You've been ignored long enough and you release a powerful mind blast around you, making everybody cry in terror.

+ Deals Massive Ego damage to all targets in 100ft Sphere (10 max)
    + Applies Disoriented, Fear, Snare, Root, Trauma to affected targets (10 max)
    + Knocks Down affected targets
    + Crit Change and Crit Severity increased 10% per Rank
    + Childhood trauma applies to affected targets
    + Targets remember when they had their heart broken the first time
    - Deals 12 Ego damage to self

Advantages: 9 Month Terror
    + Applies DoT to affected Targets (30-60 % of the total damage dealt, over 30 seconds)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Telepathy.png

Telepathy NOW! - You've been ignored long enough and you release a powerful mind blast around you, making everybody cry in terror.

+ Applies DoT to affected Targets (30-60 % of the total damage dealt, over 30 seconds)
    1d27ee032b3654f60da344f5c59254591368642536.jpg

I will add:

Cry Baby - You turn your self into a sobbing mess

+This power has no effect and costs all your energy.. for 3 years
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Telepathy.png

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Your not meant to post in game powers in the suggestions box >_>