What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Primus Database is currently down for editing

somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Fan Base Alpha
Just a quick reminder for all of those who use the Primus Database:
http://www.primusdatabase.com/

The PDB is being migrated to a new and improved server. The site should remain up for reading, but you won't be able to edit anything until the data (over 10GB worth) has been moved over and everything is tested out.

As of this time, there is no ETA. We thank you for your patience in this matter.
Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
Razira's Primus Database Page
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    The site should remain up for reading, but you won't be able to edit anything until the data (over 10GB worth) has been moved over and everything is tested out

Seems you are luckier than me, ended to create my page 2 days ago (after some days to work on it) and now it's unreadable and has been replaced by a full page of:

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/u4dandy/public_html/primusdatabase.com/includes/db/DatabaseMysql.php on line 429

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/u4dandy/public_html/primusdatabase.com/includes/db/DatabaseMysql.php on line 31

I suppose I've perfectly chosen my moment. Really bad luck.

For proof: http://www.primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Host

If anybody has a tip about that, i take
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually have some editing I would like to do on my page, so an update as soon as possible on this would be appreciated! thanks!
  • Options
    primusdatabaseprimusdatabase Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok the wiki is on the new server, currently in the process of re-pointing the domain.

In the meantime the old wiki is available here: http://www.mediumsizedrobot.com/primusdatabase.com/index.php

The new wiki is here: http://mediumsizedrobot.get-sourced.com/pdb/index.php

Thank you for your patience in this matter and let me know if you have any issues.

Hi grievehart, I have no idea why that's happening but i'll try to see if I can recover that page for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi grievehart, I've been able to transfer your data to the new site: http://mediumsizedrobot.get-sourced.com/pdb/index.php?title=Host

Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok the wiki is on the new server, currently in the process of re-pointing the domain.

In the meantime the old wiki is available here: http://www.mediumsizedrobot.com/primusdatabase.com/index.php

The new wiki is here: http://mediumsizedrobot.get-sourced.com/pdb/index.php

Thank you for your patience in this matter and let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you for your quick and efficient work.
    I just reupload screenshots on the new DB and all works exactly as it was before
    My page also works on the DB with the old wiki link you provide.
    Hi grievehart, I have no idea why that's happening

I know what happened, the real Illuminati hacked my page because i was too close from the truth...
    Hi grievehart, I've been able to transfer your data to the new site: http://mediumsizedrobot.get-sourced.com/pdb/index.php?title=Host

Thanks again primusdatabase.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aahh..this is depressing and I hate doing this because it makes my head hurt. Apparently some of my image files are too big or something. Never had this problem before on the previous PDB page. Gonna have to figure out a way around this in terms of re-sizing and making it..."look good" on my page. Transferring pictures over to the new pdb is such a pain >_<
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've contacted the host and they've increased the max file size for uploads to 8mb.
  • Options
    darkspellbladedarkspellblade Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A question regarding the database moving. Do we have to make new accounts and re-upload our pages to the new site from the backup of the old? My account wasn't registered on the new site, and at this time I'm not sure if to move ahead and make a new account or patiently wait.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've contacted the host and they've increased the max file size for uploads to 8mb.

Very much appreciated, but for some reason, I still cant load the larger sized commissioned pictures of mine, despite them being within the allowed size parameters :frown:

Caliga Portrait

Caliga and Grond

Caliga Vs Gadroon

Caliga throne

These 4 pictures just wont let me load them on the new PDB page. It gives me an internal server error.
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um. none of my pages exist anymore. on the old one or the new one. GUYS WTF. Those were my only copies of those pages!!! Thank you for loosing over a years worth of editing.
    I don't even know how to fix them!
    *NOT IMPRESSED*

• Options
    edited May 2013
    A question regarding the database moving. Do we have to make new accounts and re-upload our pages to the new site from the backup of the old? My account wasn't registered on the new site, and at this time I'm not sure if to move ahead and make a new account or patiently wait.

Correct. The database itself was just too big to move over. So create a new account (the account info wasn't transferred either) and use the links above to visit your old page, hit Edit to get the code, copy it, head to the new site, and make a new page and paste it in.

Also, sometime soon, the new site/host will get properly redirected to primusdatabase.com once more.
    xparibax wrote: »
    Um. none of my pages exist anymore. on the old one or the new one. GUYS WTF. Those were my only copies of those pages!!! Thank you for loosing over a years worth of editing.
    I don't even know how to fix them!
    *NOT IMPRESSED*

What are your page/character names? Everything that was on the old site should all still be there via the old link (but not the new one unless you put it there yourself).
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh, I managed to snag mine off the temporary so I'm much calmer now. Sorry for that outburst. Still irksome but oh well.

• Options
    d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Creating a new account on PD is annoying me atm...I do the cats things yet even when i get all of them it still says somethings wrong.....I honestly hate this thing, i have done it like 100 times...WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!:frown:
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Would like an answer, if anyone has one, as to why I cannot load my commission pictures. They increased the allowed image size to 8 megabytes, and all of my commissions are under 5. So what is the issue? I can load all my screenshots and everything else no problem, but anything not considered a screenshot, meaning a drawing or something, cannot be loaded for me.
  • Options
    gillfignofignogillfignofigno Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Would like an answer, if anyone has one, as to why I cannot load my commission pictures. They increased the allowed image size to 8 megabytes, and all of my commissions are under 5. So what is the issue? I can load all my screenshots and everything else no problem, but anything not considered a screenshot, meaning a drawing or something, cannot be loaded for me.

I'm having this issue as well. My pics are about 3mb, I reduced them down to 2 and they still don't work.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, at least your pages exist.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited May 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Hey, at least your pages exist.

I had to transfer everything over myself though. I literally made mine a few hours ago. Im just having issues loading up my commission pictures. I can load everything else fine.
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Correct. The database itself was just too big to move over. So create a new account

I have to say - this sort of thing is frustrating and annoying. I'm really disappointed at the way this has been handled. What about people who show up weeks or months from now who want to find their pages? What's going to happen then? Is there going to be a FAQ and a re-direct? I had to come here looking for answers.
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can not find my pages either at the old site or the new site.

**EDIT**

Okay, my mistake. Caliga helped me find them. I retract the unfounded viscous snark of the previous version of this post and apologize. I admit I panicked and posted in the heat of frustration.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

My account name was logand

Tarma Sul
    Tigre
    Stalnoy Volk
    General Winter

And a fair amount of editing and updating I did some months back on the Malvan sub-category.

All gone. Apparently un-recoverable.

I have to say! Congratulations!

You have managed to live up to the standards of Cryptic when it comes to quality control!

(slow clap)

Tarma Sul

Tigre

Stalnoy Volk

General Winter

I dont think you read all the posts in this thread logan. If you did, then you clearly could of found your old pages in the links i posted above. They are from the old pdb, which was renamed back to it's original url name, but it's still the primus database. :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi all thanks for your patience.

The new site is now correctly located at primusdatabase.com.

I've tried to get your huge commission pieces working Caliga, but unfortunately it won't create the thumbnails for those pictures so I can only advise that you use something like GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) to resize those pictures.
    I have to say - this sort of thing is frustrating and annoying. I'm really disappointed at the way this has been handled. What about people who show up weeks or months from now who want to find their pages? What's going to happen then? Is there going to be a FAQ and a re-direct? I had to come here looking for answers.

I agree that this is not ideal, but unfortunately it needed to be done. Plus I will likely keep the old PrimusDatabase online for many months to allow everything to be moved over. Also I appreciate that you were frustrated but I'd like to quickly mention that unlike Cryptic, I am one person hosting the site for many to use with no monetary benefit in doing so (It actually costs me to host the site and pay for the domain). Heck I have barely played the game in the last 2-3 years but I keep PDB running as so many people use it and I like reading what people have done.

Now my little rant is out of the way, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and good luck in setting up your new pages.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It seems like there's a file size -and- resolution cap on picture uploads, at least if I had to make a guess.

Use a program like Irfanview:
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    to reduce the pixel resolution (Image - Resize/Resample, Set New Size as a Percentage of Original by like 50% for those of you with extreme resolution images) of your images before uploading.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SHIIIIT.

My whole SG uses this to RP and apparently the page is gone. It had a long record of account that cannot be re-written by one person as it was a collective creative process.

Anyone?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi, you should be able to find your pages at the old wiki here: http://www.mediumsizedrobot.com/primusdatabase.com/index.php
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all thanks for your patience.

The new site is now correctly located at primusdatabase.com.

You're still in the process of moving everything to this new site...right?
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013

**EDIT**

Okay, my mistake. Caliga helped me find them. I retract the unfounded viscous snark of the previous version of this post and apologize. I admit I panicked and posted in the heat of frustration.

Wow, you know, a simple 'I'm sorry, and thank you for keeping the PDB open for as long as you have' would suffice.

Plus, if you really lost your character's info, you could just do what you did last time from what I've seen... where you cut and paste a number of the character Aliona's information and template onto Tarma Sul's. You did that last December I noticed and just tweaked a few words here and there in the information box.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    It seems like there's a file size -and- resolution cap on picture uploads, at least if I had to make a guess.

Use a program like Irfanview:
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    to reduce the pixel resolution (Image - Resize/Resample, Set New Size as a Percentage of Original by like 50% for those of you with extreme resolution images) of your images before uploading.

I don't know about this Bob. I've been doing some looking into this myself. Why is it that the Character "All-Star" Could load his commission pictures, and one of them well over one of the pictures I'm trying to load, which was not listed in my previous post. Infact, the picture he could load is 2,480 ? 3,500, And I can't load my custom art even at 1,200 x 1600? This cannot be on my side.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't know about this Bob. I've been doing some looking into this myself. Why is it that the Character "All-Star" Could load his commission pictures, and one of them well over one of the pictures I'm trying to load, which was not listed in my previous post. Infact, the picture he could load is 2,480 ? 3,500, And I can't load my custom art even at 1,200 x 1600? This cannot be on my side.

I'm seeing some weird things myself (note, I'm not the site host, so I can't confirm any of this - this is only speculation). But my guess is that the server is expecting files of X resolution to be no bigger than Y file size. I had to drop the quality on quite a few of my art pieces so the server would accept them.

So yes, there is an 8MB file limit, but there's something else going on that I don't know exactly what yet.

*looks at All-Star's page* Yeah, that seems to be why his art works. His title pic is 772x1000, but is only a 142KB jpg. Although he has .png pieces that are much larger file sizes. I dunno.
    You're still in the process of moving everything to this new site...right?

The problem (at least that I know of) is that the PDB got so large on the old site that backup attempts just aren't working (so a backup of the core file can't be made and directly moved over). A lot of the core stuff (like the Templates and such) are already moved over, so all it'll involve is copy/pasting the data and pictures over.

Although the images as mentioned above are having some issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The problem (at least that I know of) is that the PDB got so large on the old site that backup attempts just aren't working (so a backup of the core file can't be made and directly moved over). A lot of the core stuff (like the Templates and such) are already moved over, so all it'll involve is copy/pasting the data and pictures over.

Although the images as mentioned above are having some issues.

So are you saying we should do this ourselves...or is it in the process of being done by the database owner?
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So are you saying we should do this ourselves...or is it in the process of being done by the database owner?

You'll need to do it yourself. If your page isnt graphics heavy its a pretty simple undertaking. If it is, mostly its a lot of just copying the image files over.

edit:

I really, REALLY wish that many of you would actually realize that the person behind this hosts a site such as PDB for the entirety of the community. Instead of bemoaning things, why don't you instead thank him for all the great things PDB has allowed many of us in CO as far as world building. Not necessarily at Vitality here, but to any of you that have been negative about this, its rather rude. He _could_ have closed PDB, he didn't. And he doesn't owe anyone anything.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting a lot of upload errors.

"The file you uploaded seems to be empty. This might be due to a typo in the filename. Please check whether you really want to upload this file."

They are seemingly random too, all the files I'm uploading are the same dimensions and none are exceeding 300kb.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting a lot of upload errors.

"The file you uploaded seems to be empty. This might be due to a typo in the filename. Please check whether you really want to upload this file."

They are seemingly random too, all the files I'm uploading are the same dimensions and none are exceeding 300kb.

I'm getting the exact same issue too. My files are 815x200, 276 Kb and won't upload. I managed to upload 1 image of those specs and another was already there and seemed to have been transferred to the new site without being touched. Some other pics with smaller specs made it across while the rest did not too. I don't know if it has anything to do with what is put into the image with an image editor or what?

Image that made it past the upload process. [On Primus now.]

Image that was already up through the site transfer. [On Primus now.]

Sample of an image that won't upload. [On Dropbox.]

Other images of the same dimensions don't work but they were made in a slightly different way. So I'm not sure if it effects this or not.

Also I noticed that the Minor Edit option doesn't work and all changes show up in the Recent Changes page anyways.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting the exact same issue too. My files are 815x200, 276 Kb and won't upload. I managed to upload 1 image of those specs and another was already there and seemed to have been transferred to the new site without being touched. Some other pics with smaller specs made it across while the rest did not too. I don't know if it has anything to do with what is put into the image with an image editor or what?

Image that made it past the upload process. [On Primus now.]

Image that was already up through the site transfer. [On Primus now.]

Sample of an image that won't upload. [On Dropbox.]

Other images of the same dimensions don't work but they were made in a slightly different way. So I'm not sure if it effects this or not.

Also I noticed that the Minor Edit option doesn't work and all changes show up in the Recent Changes page anyways.

I've discovered that the new server just doesn't like files that are above ~230kb. I can some times get files in the 200-220kb range to upload after trying for a few minutes, but anything above 230 just gives me the "The file you uploaded seems to be empty." message. I have had no problem with files in the 100kb range, they upload right way.

Files above 600kb actually just go to a "Internal Server Error" page every time.

I don't think what editor we use matters, (all my pictures are made in photoshop) it seems to be the size of the file that causes errors. Hope it gets fixed because I love the wiki almost as much as the game itself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've discovered that the new server just doesn't like files that are above ~230kb. I can some times get files in the 200-220kb range to upload after trying for a few minutes, but anything above 230 just gives me the "The file you uploaded seems to be empty." message. I have had no problem with files in the 100kb range, they upload right way.

Files above 600kb actually just go to a "Internal Server Error" page every time.

I don't think what editor we use matters, (all my pictures are made in photoshop) it seems to be the size of the file that causes errors. Hope it gets fixed because I love the wiki almost as much as the game itself.

I hope this gets looked into also. One of my commissions finally went up, but I didnt load it, it was actually one of the PDB mods that loaded it up. Not sure what he did, but only that one came up, and its well into the 2000s in terms of resolution, but still under the allowed parameters of 8 megabytes.

Edit: I even lowered all the resolutions of my commissions down to the 1000 range, and it still just wont let me load them. =/

Edit again: So I finally did some experimenting, and it turns out, that gill may be on to something. I kept changing my resolutions on all my pics that were not screenshots to a certain size until it was around the 200-225 kb range. At 226 kbs, they just wouldn't load, but at 225, they loaded just fine, and anything below that. So apparently someone on their side didnt configure the files right or something, so its screwy for the load ups.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with the issues, folks, I know Primus is important...
  • Options
    bronxthebeastbronxthebeast Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with the issues, folks, I know Primus is important...

Don't be silly, it's not just important--it's the foremost repository and resource our government uses in its mission to locate heroes willing to fight super powered threats to our very universe!

Now these issues must be sorted out! If these issues are not solved, then Doctor Destroyer has already won!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Primus Database: Bronx
    Primus Database: Brogan
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whew..I managed to recreate everything before I got locked out...whilst revising...multitasking ftw :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pallas0001 wrote: »
    You'll need to do it yourself. If your page isnt graphics heavy its a pretty simple undertaking. If it is, mostly its a lot of just copying the image files over.

edit:

I really, REALLY wish that many of you would actually realize that the person behind this hosts a site such as PDB for the entirety of the community. Instead of bemoaning things, why don't you instead thank him for all the great things PDB has allowed many of us in CO as far as world building. Not necessarily at Vitality here, but to any of you that have been negative about this, its rather rude. He _could_ have closed PDB, he didn't. And he doesn't owe anyone anything.

Yeah...I was simply asking because I didn't want to screw anything up and start moving files if he was already in the process.

EDIT: Found the solution to the problem.
    _________
    VARIANT

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hehe, seems I was a bit slow this time. Unable to use my credentials now. I suppose a fresh start wouldn't hurt though... when I have the time.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now whenever we try to upload a picture it tells us

Or give us an Internal Server Error. Any clue what's up? No one on the PDB page will respond to us.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    Right now whenever we try to upload a picture it tells us

Or give us an Internal Server Error. Any clue what's up? No one on the PDB page will respond to us.

That's already discussed:

I hope this gets looked into also. One of my commissions finally went up, but I didnt load it, it was actually one of the PDB mods that loaded it up. Not sure what he did, but only that one came up, and its well into the 2000s in terms of resolution, but still under the allowed parameters of 8 megabytes.

Edit: I even lowered all the resolutions of my commissions down to the 1000 range, and it still just wont let me load them. =/

Edit again: So I finally did some experimenting, and it turns out, that gill may be on to something. I kept changing my resolutions on all my pics that were not screenshots to a certain size until it was around the 200-225 kb range. At 226 kbs, they just wouldn't load, but at 225, they loaded just fine, and anything below that. So apparently someone on their side didnt configure the files right or something, so its screwy for the load ups.
    edited May 2013
    That's already discussed:

Soooo.. is it likely to be fixed?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If it were to be looked into further, they have to do it on their side. Obviously this is a screw up on the hosting/server side, and not ours. Although the filesize increase was bumped up to 8 MBS, apparently, something on their side wasnt configured right. We can only wait to see if they fix it, or not.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one happy that all of those pages that were made a year or more ago and have nothing but a herobox are going away?

Hopefully, this is a lesson to those of you who don't have a back-up of your Primus pages.

Sadly, I seem to be having a lot of issues with Primus not loading anything at all. I suppose I'll just wait and see how things go when it's all updated.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just a quick heads up, I'm gonna try and look into the image issues but this will take a few days or longer as I have work and a few other things to take care of, plus I'm pretty drained from sorting out the bulk of the Primus stuff this week.

Let me know if you find any other issues and I'll add them to my list.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, the image issue might be resolved. The host advised that they had recently had reports of a similar issue from another customer so they have removed the site from their caching server and this appears to have resolved the issue with image size etc.

I have tested a few files which were having issues and it appears to now be resolved.

Thanks for your understand guys and sorry for the issues it has caused.

If there are any further problems let me know, I might not respond for a couple of days though due to work.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, the image issue might be resolved. The host advised that they had recently had reports of a similar issue from another customer so they have removed the site from their caching server and this appears to have resolved the issue with image size etc.

I have tested a few files which were having issues and it appears to now be resolved.

Thanks for your understand guys and sorry for the issues it has caused.

If there are any further problems let me know, I might not respond for a couple of days though due to work.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it! It seems to be working now. I've uploaded dozens of photos now with no issues.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too. Already updated more of my character's page. =)
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PDB now says account suspended?
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    PDB now says account suspended?

It's doing the same for me.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.