test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev comments on 'Report Spam'?

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
Hey gang! So I'm trying to backup the fact that the 'Report Spam' feature is meant to report real money traders/sellers over on the NW forums. I know a dev let slip its intended purpose sometime in the past, here, but can't seem to find the post. Can anybody with better search-fu skills assist me?

Thanks!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No point really.

It was a post made by Stormshade when he was still a CM here, and it was made before PWE's forum conversion. Every post made before the conversion now has "Archived Post" in place of the person's handle.

You're better off asking TT to make a confirmation post about it.
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    No point really.

It was a post made by Stormshade when he was still a CM here, and it was made before PWE's forum conversion. Every post made before the conversion now has "Archived Post" in place of the person's handle.

You're better off asking TT to make a confirmation post about it.

This. I've never seen anyone but Stormshade make this claim on any of the former Cryptic boards or the current PWE ones.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been looking around a bit for ya and haven't found a smoking gun yet. Have to turn in soon but thought you might be interested in this little gem from STO. It might just get you a little closer to what you are looking for.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/archive/index.php/t-268899.html
    Although, if you are looking to help out on NWO, you might just want to save yourself some grief and just accept the fact that the worst people on the internet have the run of the forums at the moment. Wait until all of the "I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EVERYTHING MIGHT AS WELL JUST DIE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU MISSPELLED ILLITHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IN ONE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" crowd has thinned out just a hair

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is somewhere in the many #'d links in my signature. I'll look through the ones I think it might be and will edit this post if I find it.

EDIT: Found it, here, and it was made by Drannic. Not Stormshade. Stormshade didn't give a turd, never even acknowledged it.

#10 under the "Working as Designed" section in Post #2.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is somewhere in the many #'d links in my signature. I'll look through the ones I think it might be and will edit this post if I find it.

EDIT: Found it, here, and it was made by Drannic. Not Stormshade. Stormshade didn't give a turd, never even acknowledged it.

Some good stuff there, but I was hoping to find something that basically stated that 'Report Spam' was meant for RMTs, not "this person posted in chat a bunch of times in zone so they're spamming".

Thanks again folks!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2393385#post2393385

Here is the archived STO post on the matter.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Been looking around a bit for ya and haven't found a smoking gun yet. Have to turn in soon but thought you might be interested in this little gem from STO. It might just get you a little closer to what you are looking for.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/archive/index.php/t-268899.html
    Although, if you are looking to help out on NWO, you might just want to save yourself some grief and just accept the fact that the worst people on the internet have the run of the forums at the moment. Wait until all of the "I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EVERYTHING MIGHT AS WELL JUST DIE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU MISSPELLED ILLITHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IN ONE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" crowd has thinned out just a hair

That should post should be sticky'd.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    YOU MISSPELLED ILLITHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IN ONE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You misspelled Illithid. :biggrin:

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=57350&highlight=report+spam+button&page=2

Patch Notes
    September 15, 2009
    Hot issues
    *We've added a number of performance improvements to Supergroups. Supergroup commands should be much more responsive now.
    *Added "report spam" button to mail UI.
    *Gadroon Critters have had their difficult decreased.

Hooray, they did it.

Simple- search- report spam button, over a year ago, from last date, ascending order, it was the second thread about gold sellers
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not that i'm a big fan of Stormshade, but i think that is not correct and i'm 99.99% shure that he posted it somewhere in "normal" discussion threads about the chat-ban function.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    Not that i'm a big fan of Stormshade, but i think that is not correct and i'm 99.99% shure that he posted it somewhere in "normal" discussion threads about the chat-ban function.

I doubt it, but if that's true it'll be located in one of the #'d links below.

All I know is that he never even addressed to me through my own reports.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)