test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What 2 Things Would YOU Add/Change to Champions Online?

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
What would YOU do if you had the power to add or change 2 things in the game?!

Whether it is a specific system in the game (nemesis, crafting or vehicles), a specific feature (PvP, Open Missions, Events), costumes and powers, or even something else entirely. Be as in depth or light as you want about the feature! No game and business-wide changes in how Cryptic runs their company!

What would you do if you could tell Cryptic to add something or change something in Champions Online and they absolutely had to exactly to your specifications?

In before #TelepathyNow and #nomorelockboxes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would add a cardboard box stealth device and eye patches for all. Thats cause im still having the shakes about MGO shutting down :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In before #TelepathyNow and #nomorelockboxes.

Update Crowd Control

and

d5202f42db828da04a24d67a013e149a1368330289.jpg
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. nature power framework. basically me cheating and bringing in as much ofplants/ water and nature affinity as i can at once. buff and support heavy set with a number of ranged attacks with water themed attacks and one charge up melee strike (maybe a fist covered in thorns?) beyond that, rip off as much as you can from you know who without being sued. mushroom debuffs,flower blooms on the ground for heals/buffs, lets go to legally safe town.

2.next up a new zone. hudson city is something people far more familiar with the i.p have mentioned, and that sounds good for me. a varied city zone can work with a number of concepts and can provide a broad range of content for level ranges, so sounds good to me. maybe tilt the content a bit more dark age.

runnr up answers are themed contacts, t help you keep a character in a certain concept. magic, technology, street vigilante, military, dark or anit-hero basically helping players who want to specialize themes, especially ones who want "villains" without splitting the game and ticking of whatever subset of the playerbase doesn't end up with the majority. you can still do the general stuff, but these contacts would hit every few levels and would give you some missions flavored more to a specific type of content.

endgame: i can think of exactly one game to rip off for this, enhanced powers, enhanced challenges, alternate leveling system, alerts are uniquely tailored for this kind of thing, but these would be level cap limited and would be more involved.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add 154 devs to improve, fix and make moar. For CO. Not to STO. Not to NW.
    Give OneHundredBillionDollars to be used to improve, fix and make moar. For CO. Not to STO. Not to NW.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BaconIsAwesome.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a)200 competant devs
    b) a project manager who actually plans to use the IP creatively and in large amounts with regular updates and expansions

*takes anti-cynicism pill ..... and another..:confused:ok thats better
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just two things?

Well at this point in time I'd request:

1. Proper Vehicle Customization (at the very least the color of the vehicle) - Such a feature will make the vehicle system more complete, leaving opportunity to work on other possible updates. In other words finish what you started, do this first as vehicles are still not implemented properly due to this (in my opinion), given that vehicles are the last proper update Champions Online got (half assed at that).

2. Custom Dynamic Music Folder - A folder where we can place custom music files which will load in place of the game's default music (e.g. main menu music, renaissance center etc). Most of Champions Online's default soundtrack just doesn't have a long lasting appeal, in fact it starts to become annoying after a while (especially the renaissance center track).

Who am I kidding though, two things just isn't enough, I mean you have telepathy that needs finishing, hideouts that needs finishing (training room, display/crafting room etc), new zones, nemesis system overhaul, more motivating and FUN end game content, the list goes on. However my two requests are more doable considering the situation, and even so are still probably too much to ask for.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) A brand-new server, used exclusively for CO.

2) A new set of developers working on upgrades and additions to the CO installation on the brand-new server.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    a)200 competant devs
    b) a project manager who actually plans to use the IP creatively and in large amounts with regular updates and expansions

This is what it all comes down to!
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Art overhaul.

While i'm sure a lot of people like the overly cartoonish style of CO i personally don't and would love to see an art overhaul of the game bringing it more inline with how STO is, less cartoony, more like actual comic book art. why every one has to have every single muscle in their face moving at different intervals while talking is just really weird by me...

This would also play into the power sets giving them a much needed visual boost as well. To often there are times when powers do weird things visually due to lag or rendering too many things at once, so it would be nice to take steps to avoiding that as well as just making them look a lot nicer in general. Darkness as an example doesn't really strike me as being that dark, either visually or play wise. I would love to see darkness look more like something that the Shade would use, or Venom would be a good visual reference. Dark viscous inky black tendrils emanating from the user, able to change forms according to the move being used. A lot of what we have now just looks and feels very outdated so it would be nice to get things a little nicer looking.

2)User Generated Content.

And i'm not just talking about the Foundry. Sure the foundry is a nice tool to play with over on STO and i hear NW's version is supposed to be a lot better, but we need more than that, a lot more. This game is suffering because Cryptic doesn't really seem to care about it, so my suggestion is to let players make the additions for you. There are plenty of people out there that have the talent and the passion to make great content for this game, both in terms of Costumes, stories, and powers. Sure you'd have to weed out the occasional Dingy, but at the same time think of how many powers would have cool selectible alternate visuals? How many cool new powersets we would get out of it? Or vehicles that were actually fun to use(or weren't bird themed)? Better Ultimate moves that actually felt Ultimate.

Just get a dev or two to sit there and weed out a lot of the bad ones, switch some numbers to make it a little more balanced, there could even be a voting system on the forums to help decide which ideas made it in game. The more votes it got the more attention it would get from the devs (if we had any). I for one would love this as it would allow people to take the great amount of customization in game and amplify it exponentially.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1)
    Challenging level 40 content.

2)
    Rewards for that level 40 content.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2013
    1 - different publisher
    2 - different developer

:biggrin:

Ok, crude jokes aside...
    1- Bugfixes.
    2 -Bring back old pre-Westside leveling route.

And yes, art overhaul and better artistic direction would be epic. Ironically, the one truly enjoyable bit of humor ingame, old item descriptions, were removed. But all the rest of cheap cheese, not even really amusing, was left. Should be reversed.
    Game nearly killed itself with this kind of look.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would you do if you could tell Cryptic to add something or change something in Champions Online and they absolutely had to exactly to your specifications?

1. Alternate leveling paths, but starting in different instances of each map. You can start your career in Westside. Or you can start it in Canada investigating the events leading up to the Crisis. Or you can start in VB investigating what looks like the return of the vampires. And so on. This would also allow you to start your themed character in an appropriate spot. Then you can jump into the Lvl 16 and up stuff as normal.

2. Making a few of the ugly dog ATs free for the Silvers. Devastator, Inventor and Impulse, for example. Just to get more people playing for them, because they would.
    edited May 2013
    First I would add the Foundry

Second... would look for a way to have all content be skull tech, so you could never outlevel and will always remain relevant

Changes 3 to 10 cannot be mentioned due to topic asking for just 2 :P
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Moar Lockboxes
    2. moar Vehicles

Hey .. at least that is something where i can say : Wow .. the devs listened and gave me what i wanted :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Powerset Improvements like Telepathy

2) Content generation (by Users and Devs, this would also include new Zones, missions, m0ar lore etc)

Its so painfully obvious CO needs help its like..urgh..just so damn obvious. I really HOPE they refocus to CO and fast.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first impulse was "Bug fixes" and "more costume pieces and combinations". But that's something the Devs should be doing anyway, without us having to ask for it.

So, here are my personal wishes:

Neo Tokyo zone
    neotokyo.jpeg
    Tokyo3banner.jpg
    (Not as dark as in Akira, but grittier and definitely more techy than Millenium City.)

Spines power set
    urchinofatlantads9.jpg
    Silverbuilt.jpg
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) spending half as much on CO as they do on either of the other games.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) More developers for...
    2) The Foundry.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    1) spending half as much on CO as they do on either of the other games.

You know something..I wonder what it would be like if they actually used all CO generated money towards CO...
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Nemesis System Overhaul, to include all power sets, more minion options, move the initial contact someplace mot completely oput of the way, begin the story arch at level 15 instead of 25, repair everything that's broken (Nemesis instanced missions), add more nemesis content, make teaming for Nemesis missions rewarding, actually put something useful in the Nemesis token store, etc. etc. etc. - basically, finally make the Nemesis system the USP it should've been from the start.

2) Summarily execute whoever was responsible for the decision not to offer alternate low-level levelling paths anymore and try to undo all damage that person did to the game (which might well mean a rollback to before On Alert).
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thearkady wrote: »
    2) Summarily execute whoever was responsible for the decision not to offer alternate low-level levelling paths anymore and try to undo all damage that person did to the game

We can execute them after they fix it, but that would be three suggestions. You can demand retribution or a fix. ;b
  • Options
    yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) the foundry

2) forward progress
  • Options
    dinosaurfacedinosaurface Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) more people working on it other than the guy they pay to turn the servers on
    2) any new content, at all

its hilarious that these are things people are wishing for from an mmo, and not just a thing that is taken for granted because IT IS A REQUIREMENT FOR RUNNING AN MMO
  • Options
    yetas2yetas2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry.
  • Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another vote for the Foundry. Second thing to add to CO would be "developer attention". Could use a heck of a lot more of that.

But, in lieu of the attention thing, just the blasted Foundry.

Foundry: Because the devs can't be bothered.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Foundry

2) Auras

Runner up: A few more devs
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) A lead developer named Smoochan

2) Shock collars for all the devs for when they try to disobey.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know the home page for neverwinter? The one that lets you do foundry missions, dungeons, skirmishes, pvp, etc... I want that bundle as my first one, with whatever maintenance or additions are needed to make it a reality.

I also want proper rewards put back in the game. This includes pvp rewards, lair drops, missing legacy costume drops, and the rest.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly?

I know it sounds insane, but...

I'd lay waste to the entire freeform/archetype system. Just obliterate all of it.

Free-to-play gets one freeform slot, one archetype.

Rebuild the entire powers from scratch. As insane as it sounds, just hear me out.

You would have to choose powers within the tree. Technology, Martial Arts, Magic, etc until you get to a certain level- high up there, of course. Then you'd be able to select a few powers from other trees.

Is this insane? Maybe, but I bet it'd be awesome to do it.

Then again, I'd never want to restrict CO's customization options. Maybe a better idea for a different game some day.

So option 2 would be to add boobs.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Roll back the game pre Vehicle Online and forget all that crap or maybe even roll it back to before On Alert and at least give us back the old crafting system.

2. Start developing REAL content and continue creating new costumes instead of Vehicles and Lockboxes.
    R607qMf.jpg