What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gods! Down again?!

2»

Comments

• nadazdynadazdy Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    insanexade wrote: »
    blast you cryptic, why must you deny me my level *falls to knees* WHY?!

Because you want it too much. If you would just stop wanting, it would happen.

/zen Buddhism
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so um...if I give back the 500 zen can I have my 14.99 back? This is a little redonkulous.
    Cryptic! Grab that offer! I would....
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • insanexadeinsanexade Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    red server light, well maybe they're working on the problem. Why they must chose to mess up when its peak hours is beyond me, maybe it's time to ,,,, oh I don't know.... UPGRADE something? or maybe a sever split?
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The struggle is real

HAHA.. Real Life Zone.. priceless
  • insanexadeinsanexade Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nadazdy wrote: »
    Because you want it too much. If you would just stop wanting, it would happen.

/zen Buddhism
    Not to be something that cannot be said, but three things should always stay out of game forums designed for younger audiences. Politics, adult stuff, and religion.

I was trying to be silly, guess it's getting too late for me or something. I'm off for the day
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    musher wrote: »
    Well this is what you would get if Cryptic was a restaurant:

a2zneme_460s.jpg

O.K., see NOW your just making me hungry..............

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    HAHA.. Real Life Zone.. priceless
    What is this "Real Life" you speak of?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waitaminute--I can get the launcher going, but no log in possible.

Wacky.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited May 2013
    STO and NWO are back up and playable, but CO is not.

*heavy sigh*

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jennspacejennspace Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe it :mad: I was so happy to have 1 hour MORE to play CO tonight because I finished at work 1 hour earlier than usual andand ...pfft, talk about a PERFECT timing, Perfect World, ha ha perfect ha ha... I'm laughing yellow > >
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO and NWO are back up and playable, but CO is not.

*heavy sigh*

I'm logged in, and there's already one person trying to sell stuff in Zone Chat. Only one MC instance right now though.
    Appears to be up now.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry. Won't be long until it's down again.
    It's not like they really fixed the whole problem.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013
    I predict that the servers go down again when east coast hits prime gaming time, something like 8 or 9 EDT.

• jennspacejennspace Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I predict that the servers go down again when east coast hits prime gaming time, something like 8 or 9 EDT.

This leaves us with 2 or 3 hours to fight crime in Gotham City, Err Millenium City. :tongue: ; Quick Robin, to the Bat-Pole! :wink:
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ouch. That's harsh.

Well, now I know why Cryptic has an "F rating" with the Better Business Bureau.

Dude, link me this!
  • muon2muonmuon2muon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It looks like the game is back up.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude, link me this!

Here.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, now I know why Cryptic has an "F rating" with the Better Business Bureau.

I'm not saying that Cryptic hasn't earned that score, but another reason for an, "F," from the BBB is opting to not pay for better. The BBB is very shady.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited May 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I'm not saying that Cryptic hasn't earned that score, but another reason for an, "F," from the BBB is opting to not pay for better. The BBB is very shady.

In other words: Take their findings with a pile of salt.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't necessarily say a 'pile', per-say, but keep in mind a BBB rating is like the MPAA or the ESRB. Know what politics are at work and the reasons behind catastrophically low ratings and they can make a good general guide.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily say a 'pile', per-say, but keep in mind a BBB rating is like the MPAA or the ESRB. Know what politics are at work and the reasons behind catastrophically low ratings and they can make a good general guide.

I'm not sure that the BBB's system of grades is really comparable to the MPAA or ESRB, but then again I am not as familiar with the latter two.

Do the MPAA and ESRB charge for score alteration ? Do they have different metrics for determining score based on whether or not one is a paying member ?

I honestly do not know how these questions can be answered in regards to the MPAA and ESRB. But, "pile," is a pretty solid description of how they apply to the BBB.

edited May 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I'm not sure that the BBB's system of grades is really comparable to the MPAA or ESRB, but then again I am not as familiar with the latter two.

Do the MPAA and ESRB charge for score alteration ? Do they have different metrics for determining score based on whether or not one is a paying member ?

I honestly do not know how these questions can be answered in regards to the MPAA and ESRB. But, "pile," is a pretty solid description of how they apply to the BBB.
    They are a good bit more subtle about it but, yeah. They are made up of members of the biggest names in their industry. They charge enough that small names often can't pay for a grade in the first place. Repeated grades cost a great deal more. And they tend to show a LOT of favouritism towards members vs. non members. So yes, this is basically the standard for this type of organisation. The ESRB is run a bit better and more transparently.
    But there is a REASON that so many independent films and games are released as Unrated. Its not really a political statement or a content statement. Its an economic one.

edited May 2013
    Jorifice your information seems a bit dubious.

The MPAA is composed of Disney, Paramount, Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros. There's no "buy in" on membership and the film classification process they use is intended to be voluntary. Filmmakers aren't required to make the cuts the MPAA may suggest but the film's rating will reflect the content. More restrictive ratings tend to mean less potential moviegoers at the box office so more often than not the MPAA's suggestions are heeded.

The ESRB kinda does the same thing for video games. They're composed of a voluntary group and requires that raters have no connections to the game industry, unlike the MPAA being hand-in-hand with the movie industry. Publishers submit an application to the ESRB and send a video of their game's most extreme examples of potentially offensive content and gameplay. The raters view all of this and give it a rating; they don't actually play the games while rating them. If all of the raters agree then the rating becomes official. If they don't agree then more are brought in to view the footage and they all try to come to an agreement.

So no, it's not at all the same thing to compare BBB ratings with what the MPAA and ESRB do. There's no "buy-in" to get a better rating and the ESRB doesn't act as a watchdog agency to the video game industry. The MPAA however actively engages in, among other things, legislative and law enforcement initiatives to protect IP rights.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy in or not, from my experience so far, I'd say that F is well earned.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nadazdy wrote: »
    They say City of Heroes and Champions Online have a lot in common. This is true.

For instance, I can't play either one of them right now.
    impressive, 10 points for gryffendore for that one.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dunno about that City has been a hell of a lot more enjoyable at the moment. Only down to that fact I randomly phone up mah bro and laugh at how his fave game is toast.

Watcha expect..hello I'm like EVIL!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enough people hated their business practices to complain over 50 times to the BBB.. 9 of which went without response.

Come on.. that's well deserved. I can only imagine the numbers if more people USED the Better Business Bureau.
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Enough people hated their business practices to complain over 50 times to the BBB.. 9 of which went without response.

Come on.. that's well deserved. I can only imagine the numbers if more people USED the Better Business Bureau.

I think that the grade is probably deserved (based on my own experiences), but complaints are not required by the BBB to have merit to be counted.

Complaints are also not required to be unique.

A lack of resolution to a complaint can consist of not accommodating ridiculous demands. At a previous employer a complaint was forwarded to me from a store in my district where the customer claimed to have purchased an item in one of our stores at some point several years previously. It was a category of merchandise that the company did not carry, and never had. I ended up having to contact the authorities regarding the matter because the, "customer" felt that threats of violence (bombings, torture, arson, death, etc) against the employees and families of employees was the way to get his money back on an item he had been using for nearly a decade, and which he had purchased elsewhere (the clothing and soft goods retailer that I worked for at the time still does not sell auto parts).

ding, unresolved complaint !