test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End its misery please.

zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
just shoot it. its just sitting there, bleeding.
we need costumes, new powers and more content.
if you not gonna do something about it and just gonna sit there anb watch it bleed.
please end it.
hope this makes sence.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why shoot the starving cow , when you can still milk it?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly the best thing the game can do is beat Plan Z studios AND the Phoenix Project to the punch by Re-branding Champions Online under a new name in hopes to pull in the City of Heroes crowd.. "World of Champions" haha get the WoW and CoX players attention.

This WOULD require updating many of the systems so much they may not be recognizable.
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Honestly the best thing the game can do is beat Plan Z studios AND he Phoenix Project to the punch by Re-branding Champions Online under a new name in hopes to pull in the City of Heroes crowd.. "World of Champions" haha get the WoW and CoX players attention.

This WOULD require updating many of the systems so much they may not be recognizable.

Your solutions are always so complicated, Hobo. :rolleyes:
    It really wouldn't take much to save CO. Just someone to finally do it.

We need a hero!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I used to wait for Cryptic to put together their own solutions for Champions Online. But I am a firm believer that being specific with these developers is the ONLY way to get what you want heard and understood.

Tree-Swing-Cartoon.jpg
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It really wouldn't take much to save CO. Just someone to finally do it.

We need a hero!

Other games have (if even downplayed) celebrity type players. Tell Lady Gaga on facewarp that billions of her little monsters will perish if CO dies.

Also if a very old person can suss this might work you youngins can a better more nuanced plan with other celebrities.

Rokuro is rightono
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    why shoot the starving cow , when you can still milk it?

It's been quite clear that this is all they're doing and have been doing for many months now. Just let me transfer all of my Zen to STO and then put this game down before it becomes even more of an embarrassment to the company.

This should have clearly been the best of the three Superhero based mmo's before COH shut down, yet there was no effort put into it, none of the potential used, none of the awesome fan given ideas utilized. They just gave up on it and it shows in every broken aspect of the game.

I'm worried because even though STO is getting it's first "Expansion", it's exactly what CO got with the Vibora bay. Overhype. Nothing is at all what it's advertised as. Nothing. Sure what's there is actually pretty fun and if they had been honest about how little it is it would be fantastic. But no, they have to go telling every one its a brand new faction, which it's not. I can't PVP against the other two factions, i can't have a Faction specific star base or fleet AND i'm forced to join the one of the existing factions. Romulans are not a faction. The Character Creator 2.0 as they call it is any thing but. It's just a new UI. No new features, no new additions or changes, no updates of existing assets, no fixes of existing problems, Not even a different interface itself just a new look for the UI and they're advertising how they pretty much redid the whole thing CC as a whole. The remans still don't look like remans, crowd control is becoming a complete mess because they either can't or won't handle it, so every thing is either insane DPS based or Survivability with a high dps, but DPS as always is the only way to win. Most new things added are either pay to use or grind to get.

There's more there but that's getting into an entirely separate rant but it just goes to show that they can't handle their own business. What's already happened to CO is slowly but surely happening to STO as well. They're clearly not even trying on the new content seeing how most of it is the type of mission they usually ban from the foundry in sto or in the case of most every thing horribly broken.

To be honest i feel bad for TrailTurtle because they're the only one who really seems to give a crap about this game or it's fans aside from maybe a dev every months or so who puts in a little work in the off hours just to do something for the players. It's not fair to them because they're the ones that have to deal with the players and fans who are angry legitimately because of how bad this game has been handled.

To be honest, i don't care how many games you have coming out, or expansions, or employees, or stock holder, or any other excuses you think you have. If you're accepting money in any form from the players, you should be held responsible and accountable to those players in terms of communication, maintenance, development, and any other aspect of this game.

Forgive me, it's 4:30 am here, i don't sleep much due to depression issues, so i realize that this comes off as very angry, but i've been here since Beta and CoH before that, and i'll praise them where praise is due, but at the same time I've been here for a lot of lies, false truths, misdirections, and empty promises, and it's not okay to do what they've been doing, especially in this game and frankly Something needs to be done to make things right by the players and long time fans, even if it's just shifting all Subscriptions and currencies to another game before shutting this one down.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zer303606 wrote: »

Man i tell you .. that were good times when all we wanted was new playable content, since at least we got new costumes all the time, and sometimes new powers :eek:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're accepting money in any form from the players, you should be held responsible and accountable to those players in terms of communication, maintenance, development, and any other aspect of this game.

I understand your feelings on this matter but, when you pay for the game you are paying for how it is now. If it is not up to your standards...stop paying. if it up to your standards...keep paying (until such is no longer the case).

I am not sure why MMO's should be held to a different standard than any other business. I paid for a subscription to Netflix for as long as there were movies available that I wished to see. Once that was no longer the case I stopped paying. My payment in January did not mean that Netflix, "should be held responsible and accountable," for the fact that by May I no found the service to be worth my money.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    pariahoyamapariahoyama Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I pray they DO make new costumes, power sets and other content. I tell you one thing that is not as desirable and that is lock boxes. I am so tired of them. We are not Asia. Figure it out. If you HAVE TO have lock boxes at least buffer them with some MORE costumes and power sets. They must like trickle as opposed to trickle and spurt income.
    edited May 2013
    Other games have (if even downplayed) celebrity type players. Tell Lady Gaga on facewarp that billions of her little monsters will perish if CO dies.

Also if a very old person can suss this might work you youngins can a better more nuanced plan with other celebrities.

Rokuro is rightono

It wouldn't even have to be a celebrity. Just a skilled Dev with serious dedication to the game. :redface:
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pfft...who needs content for Champions Online when it has an ample, steady, if not suffocating supply of Lockboxes? - Cryptic

^Current stance towards Champions Online.

But in all seriousness...No. Do not shoot it. Take it to the vets and get it patched up..remove the bloodied lockbox plasters and bust out the Permanent Content Bandages, apply soothing Keeping-to-our-Promises Balm beforehand.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you not gonna do something about it and just gonna sit there anb watch it bleed.
    please end it.
    hope this makes sence.

It doesn't make sense. Your hope was for naught. Even as it is now, it's still better that it exists.

Would you actually be happy if you went to log in to CO and it suddenly wasn't there?

Reference recent events for how people would react to that.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would rather have a game that never gets updated...than not have a game at all.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

It doesn't make sense. Your hope was for naught. Even as it is now, it's still better that it exists.

Would you actually be happy if you went to log in to CO and it suddenly wasn't there?

Reference recent events for how people would react to that.

well i think its a shame what they do to the game, yea sometimes i think it whould be better of pulling the plug.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2013
    This would left us only with DCUO...

Uhhh... No.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i think its a shame what they do to the game, yea sometimes i think it whould be better of pulling the plug.

If you don't want to play the game any more, pull the plug on YOUR end. Don't advocate pulling the plug for everyone, even those who are still content with the way things are, or at least with waiting for things to improve.
    edited May 2013

So stop playing and pretend it doesn't exist. Why don't you?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would rather have a game that never gets updated...than not have a game at all.

Quoted For Truth.
  • Options
    docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This would left us only with DCUO...

Uhhh... No.

Also QFT...as I sit her in my Superman t-shirt polishing one of several Green Lantern rings.

Hell I'm probably one of the bigger DCU fanboys in this game, and I'M not playing DUCO. That should tell you somethin'.

(thought what, exactly, I'm not sure)
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Seconded.

Been there, done that on having a game taken away. It's not fun.

I would love to see the Foundry added or new missions added to the existing zones but I'm not going to stamp my feet and wish aloud for the game to die if it doesn't provide those things.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    having lost coh to immoral rat @#$$ers and having played dcou and realized how many gaping flaws are in it, I have to disagree. while i do and will continue to demand improvements here, losing co would be a far worse thing, at least we can still play whats here and chat with existing buddies here. losing your whole game is no fun and solves nothing.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the game, Cryptic. We would like to see some effort. This game is already the running joke of the MMORPG world.
  • Options
    rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's life in this ol'girl yet. I continue to have a great time between RP and content I haven't completed, yet.
    a
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Look at it from another perspective: My wife, daughter, and came to Champions when the plug was pulled on CoH.

Everything here is NEW for us (well, most for me; I was a CO beta tester). While in many ways it falls short of CoH for us (especially considering the sheer volume of story/mission content CoH had in comparison), it's still fun and does have a few things CoH didn't (freeform characters and certain costume features).

As a new player who enjoys creating multiple characters, the biggest drawback I see is the lack of variety in leveling paths (not as many different contacts in each level band). But I certainly don't want the game to shut down; DCUO and the coming MUO are not viable options for us.

As long as people are playing and having fun (and Cryptic can afford it), there really is no reason to pull the plug on CO, even if it is just in maintenance mode.

I would love it if they could port some version of the Foundry to CO. That alone could extend the life of the game if Cryptic/PWE is not interested in advancing the storyline further themselves.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please end it.
    hope this makes sence.

HOW-ABOUT-NO-93157387699.jpeg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Even if CO were in that position -- no. I get far too damn much fun from the social side of Champs, the people and the costume contests, to ever even consider that.
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if CO were in that position -- no. I get far too damn much fun from the social side of Champs, the people and the costume contests, to ever even consider that.

thats the thing tt sooner or later there wont be a social part of this game, if there isnt anything for most of players to do
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason CO will continue to stay online is because it makes money even though nothing ever gets added or time is ever invested into it.

It could make more money if resources were diverted into it, but that's not worth the steady income it makes to keep Cryptic servers running.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Also, closing games is very bad for shareholder value. No publicly traded company could bear to have speculation of a product closing due to fail during the launch of a new product.

Sew the seeds of feigned regret now and you have much more conviction of sadness when the game is actually shut down.. AFTER the launch of Neverwinter biensure
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, closing games is very bad for shareholder value. No publicly traded company could bear to have speculation of a product closing due to fail during the launch of a new product.

Sew the seeds of feigned regret now and you have much more conviction of sadness when the game is actually shut down.. AFTER the launch of Neverwinter biensure

But Champs hasnt done badly. Its done alright not great but alright. Its by no way a failure its already lasted 4 years if it was to shut say today it would still be a minor success. And you have to also remember that PWE owns the Champions IP even if this game shutters ( and it will do one day they ALL will ) it wont be the last we see of a Champs Online.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013

There are no plans to shutter CO. None. Nada.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Posts: 1,748 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If I may so recommend, it has been a long time since we've had any idea what the plan for the game is moving forward. We seen a couple of temporary events, but nothing that is adding any value to the game. If the plan isn't to watch CO slowly die, what is the plan to bring it back to life?

Perhaps some kind of state of the game is in order.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I may so recommend, it has been a long time since we've had any idea what the plan for the game is moving forward. We seen a couple of temporary events, but nothing that is adding any value to the game. If the plan isn't to watch CO slowly die, what is the plan to bring it back to life?

Perhaps some kind of state of the game is in order.

The new plan for the game is to recycle temporary events. Maybe there might be auras, but don't hold your breath
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Really? I thought CO was working on another project besides Neverwinter, and we all know beyond the shadow of a doubt now your servers can't even handle three games...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i love this game. have been on and off since the very beginning. but nowdays its like its missing its heart and soul. the only thing that keeps it going is the community.
    so get me wrong on the right. dont want this game to just mix with the waves and fade away.
    we need something or kill it.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please end it.
    hope this makes sence.

What makes "sense" is that you're unhappy.

Maybe it's time to pick a new game for awhile.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    greyerskiesgreyerskies Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Certain feelings are always going to develop for something you devote a lot of time to (and subsequently are unable to enjoy as much as you once did), but a little perspective might be called for given how strong those feelings seems to be around here.

I really like the game the way it is; anything added/fixed is just a bonus. I think the people we play [the game] with are more important than all the rest.

I think Bacon hit the nail on the head there. Some of us are enjoying the game.
  • Options
    warsakenwarsaken Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been in Champions since beta (was in CoH from beta until its end). I'm a lifetime subscriber and I'm not going anywhere until I can't log in anymore for one reason or another. My wife is in the same boat as I. Quite frankly, other than irritating bugs and glitches, this game is enjoyable. I don't see a reason to shut it down even in the distant future.

Sure, I've taken a small hiatus here and there, but I always come back because I miss friendships I've made in the game and little things this game offers. The changes that have been made over the past year/year and a half have made things even more fun for me. Like Bacon stated, some of us do enjoy the game... and I'm on that list and have been since the game's inception.

It's like I tell other people I meet, this game (to me) is only missing two things to keep me hooked for years in the future (besides bug/glitch fixing):

1) The Foundry. I don't mean a copy and paste from STO or NWO. I mean a full-fledged made-for-Champions Foundry. I hear the former versions of the Foundry are good, maybe even great, but I want something absolutely fantastic for Champions. I want deep customization and flexibility. It's really shocking to hear the excuses on why we don't have it. As a smaller company (Cryptic) having your customer base design new content for your game that you don't have to touch and not have to waste resources after the initial building phase is an absolute win/win for the company and the fans.

2) More developed villain groups. It seems, to me, that Champions villain groups just aren't introduced in meaningful ways. It really looks like: "Hey, here's a new villain. Now go kill it!" in a lot of instances. City of Heroes' villains just seemed more impactful. Sure we have some great villains in Champions, but they just don't seem to really hit the mark as much as they should.

These two points are the two major issues in the game, for me. Do I want more costume options? Sure. Do I want more powers and abilities? Of course, but #1 above can solve #2 so I guess it just comes down to me seriously wanting the Foundry to hit that next level of replayability for a game that I've loved since beta.

Case in point here, if the game no longer appeals to you, just move on and find your next hook.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game has a lot going for it as well as a lot of potential, the problem is just how little is being done with any of it. There Crowd control is a joke right now, way too many powers are obsolete and DPS will always be king. The longer this game goes the more it breaks down and it's been very obvious given the last few event's we've had. To be honest, i'm grateful that we're getting these events, but i never say it because they really only seem to be out of pity from a dev or two when the get the spare time.

This game deserves a lot more out of Cryptic.

Flat out and hands down. The IP deserves a better game out of Cryptic. The fans and players deserve a little bit of attention from cryptic. I can understand that there is a new game launching soon, i can understand that STO has some new stuff (its not an expansion, i'm sorry) coming out, but why is it always Champions that pays the price for it?

To make matters worse, the only other SuperHero mmo that was actually better than CO was closed down leaving only one competitor, and a terrible one at that, yet no effort was made to utilize this and become Number One. Instead of having Champions Online and that "other" superhero game we're still left with "I wish they still had COH up and running"

It still even comes up as the first choice when i google superhero mmo. Champions didn't even come up until the list of related searches on the bottom of the page.

The customization of your hero, the costumes you can make, the free form power sets, those things alone make this better than DCUO. I can make a better Batman or Superman here that i can in that game which specifically tells me i got my powers from Batman or Superman. They can't even get that right over there and instead of taking the chance to become the clear Superior Game cryptic just lets it rot and gather dust.

This is a super hero game based on Customizations, and therefore we need things added to bring it back to those roots. More costume sets, more power sets, maybe they could start selling power "costume" packs that grant alternate visuals for existing powers. Give us the ability to customize our vehicles looks/powers/loadouts. Get back to what made this game so great and don't just act like it never happened.

When has STO or NW ever said "we're proud of Champions Online" When has their face book page or even their main page ever advertised CO? Is any one at Cryptic proud of CO as it is now?

The Fans are constantly tossing ideas out to make this game better, Hell, I'm sure most of them would even be willing to do the work themselves if it made the game better. I've already posted about Project Awakened closing, Just offer them the Keys to CO and let them use it to build up their own game. Let them improve Champions Online so they can use it to show the world what they can do in terms of a game. Do something though, don't let such a great concept go to waste. Don't let Champions Online die in a sorry state like it's in now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i love this game. have been on and off since the very beginning. but nowdays its like its missing its heart and soul. the only thing that keeps it going is the community.
    so get me wrong on the right. dont want this game to just mix with the waves and fade away.
    we need something or kill it.

Screw the community I like lifting trucks >:O

I have a new endgame for you. Lets play Nepht style CHARADES!

3oyi.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Screw the community I like lifting trucks >:O

I have a new endgame for you. Lets play Nepht style CHARADES!

3oyi.jpg

wait i know this one. is it look at my hand isnt it amazing?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wait i know this one. is it look at my hand isnt it amazing?

Well played sir. Well played.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The answer to "why" is usually because the other 2 games have third parties involved and we do not, so there is no one really to guard our interests but us, and you can see how that is going.

The gameplay shown incorporated into CO would be awesome. I'll look for that tech in 2018 if people are still playing MMO's.

An Ip sale or third party brokering would help, but CO has been around if offers were gonna be made......
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game shutdowns are never planned, they just happen.

Today i found 4 people in Monster island, 2 people in Vibora bay...says many things doesnt it.
    Aside,
    You would get thousands of people back if they knew new content was up, and thousands of $$$ if you made an amount of content worth charging over.

I remember when i paid MONEY for Serpents lantern, it was my pleasure.
    It would not pay MONEY for a lockbox, because there is no pleasure from it.
  • Options
    kuramabingyikuramabingyi Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've invested far more into this game than I would care to admit in the last two months than I have for any other MMO in the last year and a half. I enjoy every MMO I play, but Champions -- since City of Heroes closed down -- has provided for me the opportunity to roleplay a superhero character, to put my ideas out onto the table in terms of character development. Hell, just look at the PRIMUS page I made for my character -- an effort that's taken me almost two months.

I play [WoW]. I've been playing WoW for the past six years. As much as I love that game, I've never been as emotionally invested in it as much as I have been for Champions, which I've owned since initial release, played off and on since, and picked back up full time two months ago.

I'm sorry, but if the game just suddenly shut down without any prior warning, I would just feel completely empty. Don't take away the only other viable superhero MMO we have left.

EDIT: Seriously? The game can't even be fully named? What, is it out of fear that it would spark hateful discussion?
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah because your "demand" should be taken into consideration. Some of us actually do appreciate it still being alive even if it doesn't get updates.

If you don't like what's going on in CO you can kill it by uninstalling it and forgetting it. Remember you do have the power to remove it from your life -> uninstall.

You're trying to play the "tragic hero" but it's just looking pretty lame.
  • Options
    citizenstrangercitizenstranger Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, OP: had you been a member of the CoH community and knew what that felt like, you'd prefer even a maintenance level game over no game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    False.

Kill it with*fire and let a Phoenix rise from the ashes

#TelepathyNOW
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Let me tell you about a game called Spore.

It was one of the most anticipated games ever, and turned out to be one of the most disappointing games ever. It offered amazing customization, but not enough content. And it hasn't gotten any updates or expansions in YEARS. EA and Maxis had abandoned it, and moved on to newer and more successful games, like The Sims 3.

But guess what; Spore is still there, the Sporepedia server for sharing player-created content is still running, and there are actually still players who enjoy it!

Yes. I seriously just compared Champions Online to Spore.

56634__safe_g1_caption_sunglasses_swag_my-little-pony-tales_teddy.jpg
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spore had infinite replayability, this game has a fullstop point, which is why i suggested a Survival Mode a long while ago to give more replayability aspect.