test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Outage

dezstravusdezstravus Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Super News Network
Thank you SO MUCH for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game while maintaining our current network of games and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team

Update: Servers are up now!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good work.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mee0mem91x1rl9soqo1_500.jpg
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this mean another giveaway of Dr. Newbton?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ey, I think it would be much appreciated by all if Cryptic were to gift all players one (1) Freeform slot as compensation for the unexpected outage.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ey, I think it would be much appreciated by all if Cryptic were to gift all players one (1) Freeform slot as compensation for the unexpected outage.

Hey they took away my bouncy antennas from the retro scifi costume set which stuffed the look of several of my costumes on several characters including the one in my avatar, and that's after my characters brain disapeared for days but at least it came back eventually and i got no compensation and i still have no bouncy antennas.

That was after all part of a paid-for-through-the-store costume set, not from a free unlock, and so constituted a portion of the value of the purchase.

If Cryptic starts compensating people it'd be nice for everyone with the retro scifi set to get a new and equally cool retroscifi costume piece to replace the one we paid for that now doesn't exist.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soo is this gonna be like a few hours kinnda thing or was it like a catastrophic server meltdown and your waiting for new parts like midday tomorrow? In other words do you guys have any sort of ETA so to speak, or are ya'll just stuck sitting on your hands till further notice, cause that's kinnda the vibe I'm getting. No disrespect intended sometimes we are just forced to wait lol.
    edited May 2013
    Hey they took away my bouncy antennas from the retro scifi costume set which stuffed the look of several of my costumes on several characters including the one in my avatar, and that's after my characters brain disapeared for days but at least it came back eventually and i got no compensation and i still have no bouncy antennas.

That was after all part of a paid-for-through-the-store costume set, not from a free unlock, and so constituted a portion of the value of the purchase.

If Cryptic starts compensating people it'd be nice for everyone with the retro scifi set to get a new and equally cool retroscifi costume piece to replace the one we paid for that now doesn't exist.

Wait what I paid actual money for that costume, what's going on here? I was joking before but are you serious? Is the scifi costume no longer in existence/partially gone?

This IS something that requires compensation of some sort.
  • jleoufjleouf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a kind of ETA would be nice even if we understand the difficulty.

Is it a matter of minutes (even if i doubt so), 1 or 2 hours, half a day, more?

Too bad. I have the day off and it's bloody raining outside...
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game while maintaining our current network of games and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

Not to be rude or mean, but have you played champions lately? This game has been broken and improperly maintained for quite some time and while a lot of people are excited about NeverWinter, Champions is suffering greatly.

Aside from that brief bit, i personally really do (as do a lot of other Champions) appreciate that you guys are on top of this even this late at night.

Is there any official word on what happened or how long until things are up and running again?

Again, thank you for the hard work and hopefully the updates.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait what I paid actual money for that costume, what's going on here? I was joking before but are you serious? Is the scifi costume no longer in existence/partially gone?

This IS something that requires compensation of some sort.

the costume set as a whole is generally available, what bats is referring to is the droopy antennae that went on top of the bubble helmets...it still appears in the drop down list as available but doesn't appear on the character anymore...
    edited May 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    the costume set as a whole is generally available, what bats is referring to is the droopy antennae that went on top of the bubble helmets...it still appears in the drop down list as available but doesn't appear on the character anymore...

Well, there goes my main's entire concept. Not nearly as serious as I'd initially thought, but still, that's a supreme inconvenience.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'tis back! servers UP!
  • blizzardof72blizzardof72 Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    STO is back online and neverwinter is getting its pach early so its not losing its down time,,and here we hero's are. Pushed aside again.

See that,,just when I start a rant ,it goes back up :p
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ask for a refund for a broken item that was paid for.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, there goes my main's entire concept. Not nearly as serious as I'd initially thought, but still, that's a supreme inconvenience.

Sad to hear that.

Yep the single and dual droopy antenna acessories for bubbledome helmets have been invisible for a long time now. They are the only costume piece of the set that remains missing. First they went for one gender when one patch came in and then later at anopther patch the other gender lost them too. Also effected temporarily were Floating brains (which used to bob and bounce around inside the dome helmet but are not motionless, which i don't mind personally as the brain bounce tended to be excessive) the Worm Head (also from the scifi set) and the Rockabilly Curls from the Pulp costume set. Presumably it was something with the tech that enabled the brain to bob and bounce and the rockabilly curls to swish a little and the droopy antennae to bounce that was the problem but while most returned over a series of patches (Rockabilly Curls was the last to reappear so my vampiress was bald for a week or so after the Brain and Worm heads returned) with just a loss of the special motion feature the droopy antennae remain gone completely.

There are still the coil antennae both single and dual for the bubbledomes so they only lost half of the custom accessories not all, so depending on your concept maybe the other antenna type will do in a pinch?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • dezstravusdezstravus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up now!
  • redcapcohredcapcoh Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neat.
    Thanks.
  • typhonustyphonus Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers down again?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soooo, is this like

UNable to authenticate.

when you try to log in
    which I'm getting now

and trying to update launcher. My friends just emailed me, he has the same problem
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • krazykarazankrazykarazan Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well looks like the authentication server went down...again
    I am @krazykarazan ingame
  • jfcoldfjjfcoldfj Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How... disappointing. Just bought some Zen too. Guess I could go read.. :frown: (shiver)
  • ussharringtonussharrington Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, seems much the same as yesterday from my end.
  • rattlemonkeyrattlemonkey Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server down again or is it my connection went wrong?
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Servers are up now!

Servers are down now!

and since it is just for CO and STO i guess no official posts right?
  • imillerimiller Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server down again or is it my connection went wrong?

As far as Im aware, the server is DOWN!

I was on line at the time, when the screen froze, then a message came up "unable to connect to server", after to trying to reconnect the message came up, trying to update patch ..... retrying, X1, X2 then "cannot connect, try "YOUR" internet connection" (as if it is MY fault)

On the "server status" box, in the log-in screen it is "red" ie Off or DOWN.

To say Im a little bit annoyed, is putting it very mildly - I read another post, possibly from another forum, where it says :try deleting the game, installing again etc, to see if that makes any difference......well what did I do, Yes, I uninstalled it, only to see that on the log in box showed the server was down; and although it is re-installing the game again, it took nearly 4 hours the first time ..... why should I have to wait for so long?

I was also in the middle of a game.:mad:
  • blamblamblamblam Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Things that make you go 'Hmmmm'

NWO comes up very quickly but STO and CO still offline at this much later time:Hmmmm
  • jleoufjleouf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only CO and STO offline?
    No wonder we have no official "status post".

Perfect World: I know There is a lot at stake with NWO pre-launch but dudes, we also paid some real money...
  • mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, IF NWO came back that quick or the quickest, not exactly a question of money.
    BUT YES, technically it IS because they have more devs/people/budget to throw at NWO servers, while the most probably 2 or 3 mistreated devs that are running like animals to restart CO...on the other side of the large room or building... :frown:

IF that is what is happening I DO truly appreciate that some small, rag-tag group of devs is TRYING to keep CO running...:eek:
  • lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PTS is up while Live is down.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jleouf wrote: »
    only CO and STO offline?
    No wonder we have no official "status post".

Perfect World: I know There is a lot at stake with NWO pre-launch but dudes, we also paid some real money...

No. NW is dead in the water too. Though you will have to go to their forums to monitor the progress. The same used to be true for STO.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?186602-Server-Status-Updates

Ok, NW is up but STO & CO are still down. Let the hate flow again. :(

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • imillerimiller Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imiller wrote: »
    On the "server status" box, in the log-in screen it is "red" ie Off or DOWN.

To say Im a little bit annoyed, is putting it very mildly - I read another post, possibly from another forum, where it says :try deleting the game, installing again etc, to see if that makes any difference......well what did I do, Yes, I uninstalled it, only to see that on the log in box showed the server was down; and although it is re-installing the game again, it took nearly 4 hours the first time ..... why should I have to wait for so long?:

Re-installed in about 30 - 45mins (as opposed to 4 hours !)

BUT still DOWN "Connecting to the login server" Could be a while, methinks.
    edited May 2013
    servers up again!