2) Following Stages of New Story Arc + Set to LIVE

3) End of Story Arc + Set to LIVE

4) Aura discussion and ideas

5) Implementation on PTS

6) Tweaking of Implementations

7) Auras released on LIVE

8) Telepathy Discussion

9) Telepathy put on PTS

10) Telepathy removed from PTS with no warning or word as to why. Never to be seen again.

I've already stated above exactly what will happen, but I forgot to add a couple of stages:

11) A new revision of Telepathy is brought forward, starting from scratch/base, with a new less effective or meaningful take on the powerset is produced and brought to LIVE

12) Play testing is very minimal as players who supported the previous version HATE the new version and are appauled at the current "new" telepathy, which consists of low level control powers such as snares, roots and largely focuses on debuffs, which have a short duration and do not work on anything above Enforcer level, and do not proc Manipulator.

13) An increase in apathy towards this new Telepathy is detected and this signals for the set to be brought to LIVE

14) It is concluded that the Telepathy Pass went ahead as planned. The case of Telepathy: A history of Mistreatment and Strife vs Cryptic is closed. (Don't even go there with me on this one.)

15) Telepathy Update is brought to LIVE in lockboxes called "Mentus Updatus Telepathium" available as a drop from PSI Agents ONLY in MC. The Update is character specific and is BoP.

My challenge here to the Development Team is to prove me wrong.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another reason why they haven't gotten the Foundry here. CO would be a better D&D game than NWO is considering customization and combat.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My challenge here to the Development Team is to prove me wrong.

They have proven you right for 8 months now..

You want a controller.. go play NeverWinter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Raven, I've seen you post that exact list post somewhere before on the forums.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't played the game since February, but I thought (unless they changed it) the character customization was above average and the backgrounds very detailed. I just don't like redundant quests (go kill <number> of <monsters> / go find <number> of <objects>) At least there should be a good reason for it.

I for one like an overall story line and plot. At least they have the Foundry on there. If they ever add the Foundry to CO, you better watch out! I have written a few good ones over on STO. :D I never played much on STO, I just like making up missions. lol
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, I think the rest of us remaining here on CO are just going to live with what we have now. Even though NW's gameplay interested me, I would much rather play as the hero I want to be.

How I hope that we'll get much needed attention instead of the silent treatment, but I'm afraid I've been left disappointed and tossed aside too many times.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look , the Forum Malvanum thing will end up June 1rst, right?

Then we are probable getting ANOTHER vehicle/gimmick based event (probably Auras?), that will run from mid June probably til early August...

Then we get yet another Temporary event from Mid August til early October...

Then we get The Bloodmoon Halloween thingy.

November will mostlikely be empty

and in December we should be getting the Finkle Foundry/Clarence/Christmas once again

and thats how 2013 will go for Champions, unless The Sun/ a Meteor/ Niburu / Rodan / Cosmic Awekening/ War against the Machines/ or anything else put us out of our Misery

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comically enough, NWO's forums have 2 pages of bugs and error reports from today alone. It's sad- vanishing characters and character slot, locked out of character selection, missing Astral Diamonds, unable to interface with things in game after the loading screen...

Cryptic quality.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comically enough, NWO's forums have 2 pages of bugs and error reports from today alone. It's sad- vanishing characters and character slot, locked out of character selection, missing Astral Diamonds, unable to interface with things in game after the loading screen...

Cryptic quality.
    What? A newly-launched game has bugs? Say it ain't so!!

Of course, everything from Blizzard, Sony, et al, is absolutely perfect on launch day, right?

:rolleyes:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

Of course, everything from Blizzard, Sony, et al, is absolutely perfect on launch day, right?

Sure, if there's been no beta test.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

Sure, if there's been no beta test.

but this is not launch day: NW is in the open beta not live at least officially. We are beta testing the game right now cybersoldier
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You cant avoid picking them up. They pop into your inventory simply by walking near them.

That sounds awesome. They should add it to Champs for everything, not jyst lockboxes.
    And you cant drop or destroy them.

That... sounds less awesome. Hopefully they'll end up changing it.
    edited May 2013
    That sounds awesome. They should add it to Champs for everything, not jyst lockboxes.

And if the team leader sets the loot rule to Need Or Greed, hello annoying popups in the middle of combat.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    And if the team leader sets the loot rule to Need Or Greed, hello annoying popups in the middle of combat.

I always hated Need or Greed anyways. You always end up with one guy getting ALL the loot until someone realizes he's Needing on everything. I like CoH's loot system, where the game just decides who gets the item and picks it up for them. If we didn't have Bind on Pickup loot, I'd say we need to implement that system here.
    edited May 2013
    I always hated Need or Greed anyways. You always end up with one guy getting ALL the loot until someone realizes he's Needing on everything. I like CoH's loot system, where the game just decides who gets the item and picks it up for them. If we didn't have Bind on Pickup loot, I'd say we need to implement that system here.

Regardless, the Need or Greed system works okay provided that everyone in the team plays fair. Needless to say it works best for a team of friends and there's no need to distribute loot when everything's over unless someone wants to make a donation or exchange, it's all done on the fly. I don't think the current game mechanics are reliable enough to accurately determine who needs what versus who's already looted without player intervention.

I can see automatic-looting working very well for Round Robin though.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    like doing Nemcon when I asked someone why they were needing everything

Becasue someone else was pressing need.If someone presses need, they do, doesn't matter if the other person actually does need it
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always get my groups to go Round Robin.
    It is fair, and avoids popups.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That... sounds less awesome. Hopefully they'll end up changing it.

They stack, so they're not a huge burder in your inventory. And if you really want to get rid of them, put them up in the auction house for a low price. Later on, you have free Astral Diamonds. Hooray, everyone's a winner.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No spandex. No eyebeams. No interest from Ginger.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, there's better character customization in GW2.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, there's better character customization in GW2.

I found it to be just about the same, actually.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I found it to be just about the same, actually.
    GW2: Say you happen to grab up a piece of equipment you like, but find something fugly with better stats? You can match the appearance of one item to the stats of another.

Not seeing that awesome idea in NW.
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GW2: Say you happen to grab up a piece of equipment you like, but find something fugly with better stats? You can match the appearance of one item to the stats of another.

Still GW2 is the cause of CoH closing and Neverwinter looks like its going to kill CO so they are VERY alike. Just not in the way Smack said.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You CAN do that. Hit "C", go into the Character Menu. Click on the Item. There will be a Drop Menu. Click on it. On of the options is "Change Item Appearance". Click on this and follow the instructions.
    Hope this helps.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still GW2 is the cause of CoH closing and Neverwinter looks like its going to kill CO so they are VERY alike. Just not in the way Smack said.

This game has a more insidious disease killing it...developer apathy.

Apathy doesn't just kill freedom/privacy, it also kills MMO's:wink:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    You CAN do that. Hit "C", go into the Character Menu. Click on the Item. There will be a Drop Menu. Click on it. On of the options is "Change Item Appearance". Click on this and follow the instructions.
    Hope this helps.

And when you get a better gear drop and equip it, you lose the appearance. So save the gear which look you like and cough up some diamonds to change the look back, again.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And when you get a better gear drop and equip it, you lose the appearance. So save the gear which look you like and cough up some diamonds to change the look back, again.

Exactly the same as you had to do in GW2, except there you had tokens, which you would get for free after leveling up a few times. Here you use Astral Diamonds, which you get for free just for playing.

Like I said, I found the customizing in both games just about the same.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aeon had the best system for outfit transfer of gear. It cost next to no IN GAME money at the cost of destroying the old piece, which was useless to you since it was bound and the vendor price was not worth the trip to sell it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aeon had the best system for outfit transfer of gear. It cost next to no IN GAME money at the cost of destroying the old piece, which was useless to you since it was bound and the vendor price was not worth the trip to sell it.

It was also a "buy the box and pay a monthly fee" game. Those get away with not charging for stuff. GW2 with its buy-to-play model and Neverwinter with it's free-to-play model are a bit different, but they let you do that exact same thing.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note that astral diamonds are absurdly easy to get. Once an hour you can stand near a campfire and perform an invocation (hit control-I and wait a few seconds). You get a few hundred astral diamonds.

Daily Foundry mission, 1000 astral diamonds.

Daily other stuff, more diamonds.

It's easy to make, easy to use.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Note that astral diamonds are absurdly easy to get. Once an hour you can stand near a campfire and perform an invocation (hit control-I and wait a few seconds). You get a few hundred astral diamonds.

The invocation gives you a lot the first time you do it in a 24-hour cycle, and it decreases to the point where you get no more Astral Diamonds. At first you can get like 1500. And yeah, all of the Daily quests - Foundry, Skirmish, PvP, dungeon - give you 1000 Astral Diamonds. You can also sell gear or lockboxes for Astral Diamonds in the Auction House. There's really no shortage of the stuff.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »

hmm I am fininding it difficult to make any diamonds. I got rewarded for 3 skirmishes during diamond hour, then every diamond hour since that intitial one it hasn't given me anything:frown:

Also I tried your command for invocation ctrl+I (while in the blue campfire circle), I didn't get anything.

Edit: you have to be lvl 15 to start getting diamonds from incanting.