test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Power Discussion
I've seen some people use Life Drain power and it animates like what Kevin Poe or Nocturne use 'Beam' style but I don't know how they do it, whenever I use it, it animates like a 'Swirling' style, can someone please explain?

Also why is it that Offense is throttled much harder then Defense? I can get upto ~70% Defense but Offense can barely get over 50%? even with using The Best Defense Spec it still doesn't go as high as it should or is it bugged?
Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What exactly gave you the idea Offense is supposed to go much higher? Get used to Cryptic slapping a percentage stamp on something without that actually meaning much. If 100% ever actually meant "this is 100% and as good as it can get", it'd deprieve them of the fun of confusing the **** out of players (the total Dodge and Avoidance rating really working this way presumably just adds to the confusion).

As for the Life Drain question, I have to admit I don't get it. Can you post screenshots? To me, Poe's and Nocturne's power look just like the default on player characters...
  • Options
    cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At 50% Damage from offense, you're well above the softcap for defense. I surmise the reason being that Damage is so easy to boost to begin with, and resistance less so.

As for the question about Life Drain, I assume you mean that they have a straight line of dark energy going from you to them. IF this is the case, that is the Old, 'classic' version of Life Drain. Around the time they did the darkness pass which was before On Alert came out, we had the same animation. Afterwards, we got this one.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The straight line version is Rank 1
    The swirling version is Rank 2.
    At rank 3, it has an even crazier, swirly animation.

I think the advantage that heals others, Vampiric Sympathy, alters the animation a bit, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.