test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Combinations with Shadow Strike

ahgrlvlahgrlvl Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Power Discussion
I'm working on a glass cannon melee character and came across the Night Warrior, Sneak, Shadow Strike combination which I absolutely looove loove love! Then I started thinking to myself, "Hey, can't I boost with Imbue before using Shadow Strike?" Well, I'm not high enough in levels yet to try it out so I thought it was best to ask around to see what successful combinations people have made with the Shadow Strike attack.
Post edited by ahgrlvl on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't believe shadow strike can crit. Perhaps a regular active offense or something like sonic device could up the damage it deals, if that's what you're looking for. You could also use the buff from the samurai set or one of the toggle forms.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Shadow Strike cannot crit...that was one of the things they made sure of when they were first testing the power...that said, I always find it highly amusing to use Miniaturization Drive with Reciprocating Gizmo advantage when using that shadow strike...it shrinks the victim while making you temporarily larger which is also boosting your offensive capabilities for the duration of the buff...
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just remeber any damage you do or get and you are out of stealth. so watch out for people with auras or aoe attacks and turn your EB off before trying to sneak closer
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    Shadow Strike cannot crit...that was one of the things they made sure of when they were first testing the power...

I can't imagine any need for it to crit in the solo game. Granted, my only character with Night Warrior is about 20, but I haven't run into anything that survives Shadow Strike. One-shotting Kevin Poe was so satisfying after the hassle he gives some characters.

For Alert and Lair bosses, Cosmics, and the like, I can't imagine the crit being a significant change, since it can only be done once, unless you leave combat long enough to re-stealth, and then your damage drops to 0 for ... what is it, 6 or 8 seconds?

I suppose it would be a game-breaker in PVP.
    edited April 2013
    My main character to use S. Strike is Spc. Tannigan. After he completes an alpha strike on a boss there is a goodly sized amount of HP missing.

Lock 'n Load -> charge Orbital Cannon -> place Particle Mine and Mini Mines -> Shadow Strike ( hits at the same time as OC, PM, and MM) finish with Holdout Shot (no energy at this point, double damage, quadruple damage on crit)
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    s3rjus3rju Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    strafing run+smoke bomb+firesnake+command animals(shredded) off the top of my head.

My build directory (work in progress)
    Guide list
    Freeform Builds

In loving memory of AngelofCaine.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    lol quite some combo must be a pain to set up :biggrin:

Not really. Activate OC at a distance, run in and drop the mines and then S. Strike. :) So nice that stealth doesn't break until the strike hits. Draws quite a bit of aggro too.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dark Transfusion also ups its damage, and doesn't break stealth.
    Also, remember that using smoke bomb doubles SS's damage so you will be doing like 40k in lvl 40.