test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, 4/17/13

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2013 in Release Notes
Release notes, 4/17/13.

-Due to the fear of Destroid attack, UNTIL is no longer allowing heroes to solo the UNTIL defense of their Skycarrier. Queues will only pop when the queue is properly filled.

-For conspicuous gallantry and rogueish good looks in the face of awesome costumes, the Champions dev team has granted CM TrailTurtle the Turtle Soup device. Those he chooses to bless with this buff will get bonuses to a few stats.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    A note: The Skycarrier change does mean that players won't be able to get the temporary UNTIL hover disc and bring it out into MilCity.

Primarily, this change is a side effect of the Skycarrier working again. Even so, after investigating it, we decided that the speed (and versatility) of the hover disc devalued legitimate travel powers and vehicles. The amount of speed, and being able to use all your powers while on it, was much better than existing forms of fast travel. The disc was designed to be removed at the end of the event, so being able to leave with it is counter to the intent.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So how would we earn this turtle soup delicacy? :p Bonus to all the players who are still waiting for PTS AF's to get ported to live from the previous AF handout? :p
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You mean it gave players with out a flight power a way to participate in your new little race with out buying vehicles, and we can't have any of that. (and even if you have a flight power, you won't be able to compete in the race with out a vehicle.)
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    You mean it gave players with out a flight power a way to participate in your new little race with out buying vehicles, and we can't have any of that. (and even if you have a flight power, you won't be able to compete in the race with out a vehicle.)

FALSE!

I won the race with Rank2 Power Flight. Rank1 is too slow.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    If there is another player in there with a vehicle, chances are you won't win. Regardless this was one of the only reasons the Sky carrier instance was used. So players didn't need to have a flight power/vehicle to participate. Now players will be less inclined to race.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Release notes, 4/17/13.

-Due to the fear of Destroid attack, UNTIL is no longer allowing heroes to solo the UNTIL defense of their Skycarrier. Queues will only pop when the queue is properly filled.

-For conspicuous gallantry and rogueish good looks in the face of awesome costumes, the Champions dev team has granted CM TrailTurtle the Turtle Soup device. Those he chooses to bless with this buff will get bonuses to a few stats.

What exactly is this device, aside from what it states here? Also, why not quail? Do you not like quail? :biggrin:
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    FALSE!

I won the race with Rank2 Power Flight. Rank1 is too slow.

I actually got it done with good old R1 Flight. With 2 seconds to spare. Clutch.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any way that this time could be used to fix the 'cloth' only for the Alien Gladiator Helmet 2 and the 'metal' only for the alien gladiator boots? These issues make it impossible to combine the new gladiator parts as a set, or to mix 'n match them with other pieces and sets.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Release notes, 4/17/13.

Hmm, interesting..I'd love to be buffed with Turtle Soup :3 :biggrin:

EDIT: Launcher says April 18th @7-9AM PDT(2-4pm UTC) there will be a shard maintenance so in about 3 hrs from now..is this correct?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If there is another player in there with a vehicle, chances are you won't win. Regardless this was one of the only reasons the Sky carrier instance was used. So players didn't need to have a flight power/vehicle to participate. Now players will be less inclined to race.

Incorrect, I've won using Rank 3 Powerflight against vehicles, the same with Mystic Flight Rank 3.

Besides, is it REALLY -that- important to win? Surely its enough to pass the finishing line with Race completed? That completes the mission and gets you your prize.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Incorrect, I've won using Rank 3 Powerflight against vehicles, the same with Mystic Flight Rank 3.

Besides, is it REALLY -that- important to win? Surely its enough to pass the finishing line with Race completed? That completes the mission and gets you your prize.

I think people aren't getting what I mean by win.

Sure you can complete the mission by crossing the finish line, but in a race there is generally a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. I don't honestly care, when 2/3 attempts failed I stopped but I do know people who have enjoyed using the race as a form of competition. To some it is just as important as being able to rp that they are whatever type of hero they are.

Regardless the change also prevents those who don't have a flight power from participating, which makes it pretty obvious why they made the change now.
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Release notes, 4/17/13.

While you are on queuing problemes, i suggest to give some attention to lemurian crisis (and maybe monster island crisis too, i can't remember ) which still can't be triggered whithout 5 people despite the fact the weakests ATs can solo it.
    Considering the fact it was soloable long (long, long) ago, thanks to think to someday do something about it, i mean, maybe before the end of this year.
    Thanks
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grievehart wrote: »
    While you are on queuing problemes, i suggest to give some attention to lemurian crisis (and maybe monster island crisis too, i can't remember ) which still can't be triggered whithout 5 people despite the fact the weakests ATs can solo it.

Monster Island Crisis pops with just one. However, it can take anywhere from 5 to over 20 minutes if the queue isn't filled.
    edited April 2013
    Regardless the change also prevents those who don't have a flight power from participating, which makes it pretty obvious why they made the change now.

There are a couple of flight powers that are free for everyone, so nobody is "prevented" from participating, which makes the second half of that sentence null and void.

Seems like you are searching for problems where none exist.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think people aren't getting what I mean by win.

Sure you can complete the mission by crossing the finish line, but in a race there is generally a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. I don't honestly care, when 2/3 attempts failed I stopped but I do know people who have enjoyed using the race as a form of competition. To some it is just as important as being able to rp that they are whatever type of hero they are.

Nope, you are still wrong. Flight is not required because . . .

I have competed in the race using teleportation--the speed buffs work, and I won once using R3 teleport. Granted, there were no hawkwings in the race.

Teleport is fast and very maneuverable.

Finally, there are become devices, readily available in the AH, that give flight, such as the Become Tin Soldier device, which grants the fast jetpack flight.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hey on the bright side...at least they're fixing a bug...granted its a bug that benefited the players, just like that multiple travel power bug...but its still a bug and therefore by its nature unstable.

Are people going to be upset because they can no longer get a free if temporary vehicle, yeah. And btw the Until Disc didn't upgrade any damage output whatsoever it just made you faster.

And just remember we're playing one of the only super hero MMOs on the market and I for one thoroughly enjoy this game flaws and all. Can some things be better absolutely. And HERE is a whole bunch of outstanding ideas that can improve this game. Sure there are some that just wouldn't be feasible, even for a modest fee, but for the most part there are some amazing ideas in there. New Powers ideas, New innovative ways to expand currently existing systems without having to build entirely from scratch. Just spray them with delousing powder and modify what's already in game so that it works better and shows that the player-base's ideas actually matter.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2013
    Yes, it's very heart-warming how quick Cryptis is at removing bugs and making the game better for all.

Except not.

Once again this studio proves that they can be bothered with fixing only bugs beneficial for players.

Meanwhile, nemesis system is bugged starting from nemesis creator to missions, and Sinisister quest is bugged from long, long time. And better not to mention all the bugged costume parts.

But hey, fixing those can't fool players into buying more vehicles, so why bother?

It's not like they have a game to maintain, or anything.
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And the disappointment continues!
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's easier for them to fix the 'good' bugs than it is to fix the long-standing bugs because, I dunno, the long-standing bugs are so deeply-rooted that they're too hard to fix.

I'm not upset over the Sky Command getting 'fixed' though, since the Hover Disks didn't work with the race in all of my tests, namely because they never received the ring boosts.

What I am disappointed by is the lack of costume fixin's. It'd be REALLY nice if we could get the texture options fixed on the Gladiator pieces and Gravitar's boots while we're at it... >_>
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are a couple of flight powers that are free for everyone, so nobody is "prevented" from participating, which makes the second half of that sentence null and void.

Seems like you are searching for problems where none exist.

Doesn't seem that way to me. There may be a problem there that doesn't require searching.

Going off what Draogn is saying...

Consider this. I have a speedster. His travel powers are superspeed and acrobatics.

Before, to participate in the race without changing my concept I could either have a vehicle that cost money in some way or I could get this disc. The disc is no longer an option which means either use the money option or have the character break concept for a different travel power just to be able to complete game content.

Now, consider exactly how much content in this game is gated by travel power?

Having considered all of that an idea for the race could be what Juryrig does when players need to get to the cathedral in Vibora Bay Apocalypse without a flight capable travel power. Having content be gated by chosen travel powers and/or lack of a vehicle is not a direction I think any player should be advocating...
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, it's very heart-warming how quick Cryptis is at removing bugs and making the game better for all.

Except not.

Once again this studio proves that they can be bothered with fixing only bugs beneficial for players.

Meanwhile, nemesis system is bugged starting from nemesis creator to missions, and Sinisister quest is bugged from long, long time. And better not to mention all the bugged costume parts.

But hey, fixing those can't fool players into buying more vehicles, so why bother?

It's not like they have a game to maintain, or anything.

And just remember we're playing one of the only super hero MMOs on the market and I for one thoroughly enjoy this game flaws and all. Can some things be better absolutely. And HERE is a whole bunch of outstanding ideas that can improve this game. Sure there are some that just wouldn't be feasible, even for a modest fee, but for the most part there are some amazing ideas in there. New Powers ideas, New innovative ways to expand currently existing systems without having to build entirely from scratch. Just spray them with delousing powder and modify what's already in game so that it works better and shows that the player-base's ideas actually matter.

You're angry, and that's cool and you don't like the vehicles we dig that. I don't care for how they were executed myself, but you know what I just suck it up and deal with it.

Lockboxes suck yep, but they're making the company money so they let us keep running. As far as I can tell, since TT has started as Community Manager, things have been getting better...in some areas...worse in others...and about fixing the Nemesis bugs, they've already said in the last Ask Cryptic after the Harbinger thing, they aren't going to be working on the old systems anymore. Which sucks, cause there's a ton that can be done to fix it. Customizeable Henchmen would be awesome...choosing which "bonus" villians your Nemesis would work with/for I.E. in game groups like VIPER, etc.

Call me fanboying it up or whatever label you want, and I'll tell you, you're <four-letter word> right...I love this friggin game. Its kind of awesome its got a bit of a steep learning curve for new freeforms, but that's what makes the game fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Nope, Kenpo. If you tried the disc, you would have found that you couldn't finish the race in time, since the speed boosts aren't granted. All these mentions of "need the UNTIL disc for the race" are hypothetical . . . since, as Keiko pointed out, it doesn't let you complete the race.

There are other ways to fly, such as a become device, or heck, even a temporary power-swap just to do the race, using in-game resources.

(Note: Keep your travel powers last on your powers list, for easy changing.)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't seem that way to me. There may be a problem there that doesn't require searching.

Going off what Draogn is saying...

Consider this. I have a speedster. His travel powers are superspeed and acrobatics.

Before, to participate in the race without changing my concept I could either have a vehicle that cost money in some way or I could get this disc. The disc is no longer an option which means either use the money option or have the character break concept for a different travel power just to be able to complete game content.

Now, consider exactly how much content in this game is gated by travel power?

Having considered all of that an idea for the race could be what Juryrig does when players need to get to the cathedral in Vibora Bay Apocalypse without a flight capable travel power. Having content be gated by chosen travel powers and/or lack of a vehicle is not a direction I think any player should be advocating...

Juryrig at the end of the Apocalypse before the final fight still gives out his Jet Boots for free....its a temporary R3 Jet Boot power /shrug
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    Juryrig at the end of the Apocalypse before the final fight still gives out his Jet Boots for free....its a temporary R3 Jet Boot power /shrug

Exactly what I said except perhaps there could be something similar done that doesn't require a player to first get to level 34 and nigh complete the VB apocalypse before they can get an item to use in a race that as far as I can tell is not level gated...or is it level gated? And what if they are already done with the VB apocalypse?
    Nope, Kenpo. If you tried the disc, you would have found that you couldn't finish the race in time, since the speed boosts aren't granted. All these mentions of "need the UNTIL disc for the race" are hypothetical . . . since, as Keiko pointed out, it doesn't let you complete the race.

There are other ways to fly, such as a become device, or heck, even a temporary power-swap just to do the race, using in-game resources.

(Note: Keep your travel powers last on your powers list, for easy changing.)

This still presents the issue of game content being gated to require either specific power choices or specific things to be bought. If you or I bought a become device with resources from the AH someone else likely bought it with zen for many of them which makes it a "money option". That's not a direction I'd like to see things go, but if people are genuinely OK with that which seems to be the case I guess I'd better get onboard with it.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You're angry, and that's cool and you don't like the vehicles we dig that. I don't care for how they were executed myself, but you know what I just suck it up and deal with it.

I'll just put it this way... in the case being made regarding the Great Race, if you have... let's say... a pretty normal character. Swinging and Acrobatics. You have to rebuild your power set just to participate now. Rebuilding requires either Zen, ridiculous amounts of Globals, or a vehicle. These are a pain for players.

So yes, you -are- restricted to very specific things to participate, unlike other events- which is far different than other events.

Call me fanboying it up or whatever label you want, and I'll tell you, you're <four-letter word> right...I love this friggin game. Its kind of awesome its got a bit of a steep learning curve for new freeforms, but that's what makes the game fun.

You must be mistaken. People aren't 'hating' this game. They're unhappy with its current state and have every right to be.

You shouldn't be getting defensive over this. Champions Online is not your brother, your best friend, your lover, or anything else. It is a PRODUCT. When you tell people to 'suck it up' and get defensive over a PRODUCT, you're closing off perfectly legitimate criticism of that product, and in this case that criticism is warranted. If we as players cannot say what about this product is unsatisfying, and not meeting our expectations- especially considering that we pay for it (most of us) and fund this game- it does NO ONE any good. if we don't like something, we should be able to voice it. Taking up for this game's shortcomings only makes things worse.

So, when you see people voice their opinions over some things that are obviously broken- perhaps you should 'suck it up', for the good of your game if nothing else.

Not flaming, just illustrating the other side of this.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've tried the race, with those toons that have the ability. Never managed to complete it, because I just can't handle those hairpin turns between the buildings. (I thought you said we were racing above the rooftops?)

I've also seen what people have been winning when they do complete it. For some reason, I just don't feel like I'm missing out on much here. The biggest deal for me is the Questionite, and I can get that other ways. The costume pieces sound interesting, but then again they also sound limited (can't change textures to what I want? What the frak, guys?). And as I understand it, they don't always drop.

I dunno, I just can't get that worked up about the race one way or another. Now, if it turns out that the only way to get involved in this Forum Malvanum stuff is to have beaten the race, then I might get a tad annoyed...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013

As of a half hour ago, there were at least 3 permanent [Become Ghost] devices on the Auction House between 200-250G. You'll never take first place with those, but you will be able to complete it. And, as I understand it, those devices don't Bind, so you can give it to a different character or resell it once you're done with it.
    edited April 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    So how would we earn this turtle soup delicacy? :p Bonus to all the players who are still waiting for PTS AF's to get ported to live from the previous AF handout? :p

If you remember Tiyshen's Blessing, it's an AoE buff I can trigger whenever I have events and such -- I don't hand out items, it just gives the buff to everyone.

Personally, most of my races are wins, and I use Phoenix Flight. I think I ranked it up to R2, but it might be R3.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess it was too much to make a groundbased track also.
    But since the content releases are thin, spreading it makes it seem theres actually constant flow of it.
    Kind of.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grievehart wrote: »
    Considering the fact it was soloable long (long, long) ago, thanks to think to someday do something about it, i mean, maybe before the end of this year.
    Thanks

I completely agree. I also think all content should have a solo option.

Why?

Simply because this game has a limited player base and often times it's pointless to queue. I know some people will say, "This is an MMO or this isn't made to be soloed.", but let's be realistic. I still to this day have not done the Lemurian Crisis. I only did the Monster Island because the "bug" allowed me to solo queue.

Honestly it is sad which bugs Cryptic chooses to fix.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'll just put it this way... in the case being made regarding the Great Race, if you have... let's say... a pretty normal character. Swinging and Acrobatics. You have to rebuild your power set just to participate now. Rebuilding requires either Zen, ridiculous amounts of Globals, or a vehicle. These are a pain for players.

So yes, you -are- restricted to very specific things to participate, unlike other events- which is far different than other events.

You must be mistaken. People aren't 'hating' this game. They're unhappy with its current state and have every right to be.

You shouldn't be getting defensive over this. Champions Online is not your brother, your best friend, your lover, or anything else. It is a PRODUCT. When you tell people to 'suck it up' and get defensive over a PRODUCT, you're closing off perfectly legitimate criticism of that product, and in this case that criticism is warranted. If we as players cannot say what about this product is unsatisfying, and not meeting our expectations- especially considering that we pay for it (most of us) and fund this game- it does NO ONE any good. if we don't like something, we should be able to voice it. Taking up for this game's shortcomings only makes things worse.

So, when you see people voice their opinions over some things that are obviously broken- perhaps you should 'suck it up', for the good of your game if nothing else.

Not flaming, just illustrating the other side of this.

And I wasn't getting defensive, if it sounded that way, okay. And I get that people are upset over it and I agree that we have every right to voice our opinion and that yes, this is just a game...a product that we've paid money into. I'm merely pointing out that our opinions have generally been heard and many times its been ignored, they're going to do what they're going to do. We either like it or don't. We tell them we like X and they give us more. Granted here lately we've been getting more of Y than X. And I'm not arguing against legitimate criticism I'm arguing against criticism that doesn't offer solutions...

And what I meant by saying "suck it up" over with many of the changes that have come along haven't been the greatest, but they're starting to listen...and they're taking notice when we point out bugs...maybe not the ones we'd like to see fixed...but they're starting. And they're even starting to remove some of the costume limitations that we've asked them to remove...at least with new pieces. The Nighthawk chest, Ancient Armor Chest, Dragon Armor Chest and Gladiator Chest and the new Electro-Steampunk and Gladiator Gloves being relatively unrestricted as far as which category of costume we can wear them in.

What I'm getting at is, while there's a lot of things being done that much of the community doesn't like. However things are getting done bugs are getting removed, whether they're bugs we like or not isn't the issue. We've been pestering them to remove the bugs, remove the bugs. Well they're doing it....about like everything else, half-<bleeped>, but they're making the attempt for that I'm congratulating them. On the other hand, removing the bugs that were fun, like the mult-travel power bug, or more recently this one with the Hover Disc, I've gotta say Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot. Sure I have alts that made use of the free Until Disc, but now that I can't, oh well, I'll figure something out for my aerial needs, or I won't take non-fliers to a flying competition....
    lordgar wrote: »
    Our tentative plan is to add a ground race in the future, but not as part of the Forum Malvanum arc.
    From the FC.31.20130319.7 PTS Update thread.
    You can't please everybody all the time...
    And yes I'm familiar with how that particular quote ends.

And I'm not intending to flame either...simply giving my point of view, Which happens to be acting as Devil's Advocate here...
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2013

Lockboxes suck yep, but they're making the company money so they let us keep running. As far as I can tell, since TT has started as Community Manager, things have been getting better...in some areas...worse in others...and about fixing the Nemesis bugs, they've already said in the last Ask Cryptic after the Harbinger thing, they aren't going to be working on the old systems anymore. Which sucks, cause there's a ton that can be done to fix it. Customizeable Henchmen would be awesome...choosing which "bonus" villians your Nemesis would work with/for I.E. in game groups like VIPER, etc.

I have two vehicles and that's enough to play this race. Certainly I do not need more, besides Cryptic doesn't deserve more purchases. At this point I can't even pretend that I like this company.

I really hope the best for Project Phoenix because Cryptic really needs a real competition and players abandoning CO for other superhero MMO. Otherwise things here will never be better.

What bugs me and what can't be justified is a company which openly abanadons old content and even fixes for it. Imagine Blizzard acting that way. Alas, Cryptic is not on this level of competence when it comes to CO.

CO either should improve or finally die, because present state of things is embarassing.

And Suggestion Box? Really? Cryptic doesn't care about players ideas if they can't be put into lockboxes.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If you want to be unhappy, you will always succeed.

• Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you want to be unhappy, you will always succeed.

We can be happy by succeed beyond on difficulty of mission.
    We can be unhappy if fail beyond on defect of mission. :frown:
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can deal with optional events that require a Vehicle, to do (or to do with more than 2s to spare, for a non-Vehicle)

BUT, if the event is timed mostly for Vehicles, then the prizes should ALL be Vehicle related.

the outfit pieces should be gain-able in a non-Vehicle event. (an event that you could do in "reasonable" time, if not in a Vehicle)
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    New character > skip tutorial > buy a flight power > do mission > open box

Hey, now you know how PvPers sometimes feel when the pressure is on them to have specific powers to just make it.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Hey, now you know how PvPers sometimes feel when the pressure is on them to have specific powers to just make it.

You! You there, with the perspective! STAHP! You're gonna shatter my fragile worldview and I don't appreciate it. /sarcasm
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Excellent point.

And again, no vehicle is needed for the race. Just some way to fly or TELEPORT --there are many methods, many methods that don't involve Q or Z, just G.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Instead of a buff to stats, can it buff our fortune? Increase the drop chance of rarer items from anything in game including lockboxes? Because you know, we're fortunate enough to have TT.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Turtle soup? Oh that's cool...

AH! A BUG! SOMEBODY STEP ON IT!!

CREEPY CRAWLIES! Get off me you bloody nonce.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If you remember Tiyshen's Blessing, it's an AoE buff I can trigger whenever I have events and such -- I don't hand out items, it just gives the buff to everyone.

Well actually, i never knew about Tiyshen's Blessing. Infact they fired her just before her last Community Event she was going to host, and thus i never got the chance to see her because it was cancelled >.<

Still.. it would be kinda fun to see the buff when you next appear :p
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Release notes, 4/17/13.

Okay. Not sure how to lodge a complaint on this.

After the patch went through, I went downstairs to hop in the car and go to lunch.

What I found was this:
    (Warning. Images are 1.0 to 1.5MB each!)

http://cox-supergroups.com/HyperFlood001.jpg
    http://cox-supergroups.com/HyperFlood002.jpg
    http://cox-supergroups.com/HyperFlood003.jpg
    http://cox-supergroups.com/HyperFlood004.jpg
    http://cox-supergroups.com/HyperFlood005.jpg

Not quite sure what you broke. But you broke it good man! I had to be evacuated and my car is completely submerged...

(Note: Joking about the "It's Cryptic's fault". Wish I was joking about the rest.)
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We had some sick flooding here also. I'm so glad that i live on the hill and top floor.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ouch, man, hope everyone's okay... it's been a hell of a week.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'd be happier if I could log in...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So... hyper now lives in Venice in italy o.O

Good thing you mentioned it was a joke, i thought the amount of effort was being serious
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    So... hyper now lives in Venice in italy o.O

Good thing you mentioned it was a joke, i thought the amount of effort was being serious

Okay two things to remember about me.
    1. 99% of everything that comes out of my mouth (or off my keyboard) is intended to be funny on one or more levels
    2. The other 1% is just straight BS.

So, even when I'm being serious, I tend to be "Why use a grain of salt when I have all these brine blocks available?"