test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kudos where it's due

kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
Remember this?

Yeah, well two of my characters that are a little behind the rest just did the Mechaniste mission recently and found that the bug that would mysteriously regenerate his health was fixed. He no longer acts like, as Shieldtower put it, "a certain badly written mutant." I was able to fight him the way he was meant to be fought for once.

So the devs get a little bit of kudos from me for fixing that bug.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• deviousideviousi Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol, I remember him.
    All of my rage.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1 for bug fixes.

ALWAYS!

Let's all hope this time that he stays fixed...

PS: How about fixing the exploit with Incendiary Cannon 2 (a "vehicle only" weapon) next? There are a TON of bugs which haven't been addressed for months, even years! Broken reward loot tables, broken specializations (Brush It Off and Find the Mark), broken open missions, a f-ed up chat-ban system, you name it.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wait, he was broken all this time? I thought they just made him like that for kicks. In any case, it was fun before but I guess he should be much easier now if they changed that.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You have an odd definition of "fun." I found him hair-pullingly frustrating.
  • cutter187cutter187 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Damning with faint praise this is.
    I ego sprited him to death yesterday, step from behind wall, fire, duck back. repeat , while he's facing other way quickly use TK assault
    block(which actually does something now)

as opposed to,

step out from wall, get major freeze attack that fills outside corridor,
    get hit with life drain attack,
    get hit with gun turrets,

repeat will res needed.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    PS: How about fixing the exploit with Incendiary Cannon 2 (a "vehicle only" weapon) next? There are a TON of bugs which haven't been addressed for months, even years! Broken reward loot tables, broken specializations (Brush It Off and Find the Mark), broken open missions, a f-ed up chat-ban system, you name it.

You know the devs are either extremely busy or totally careless when "fun" bugs don't get fixed anymore. Last time there was an exploitable bug, like that one that lets characters use vehicle powers, it was fixed ASAP. :rolleyes:
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.

I just tried the Infiltrating Project Awakening mission and Mechaniste was up to his old tricks. I would get him down to 1/3 life and then he would retreat to the center and start regenerating health.

So it looks like its an intermittent bug.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People had a hard time fighting this guy? He is very easy to beat. I going have to try him now see what you guys are talking about :P
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.

I just tried the Infiltrating Project Awakening mission and Mechaniste was up to his old tricks. I would get him down to 1/3 life and then he would retreat to the center and start regenerating health.

So it looks like its an intermittent bug.

Aww man....

I take everything I said back then.
    cornivic wrote: »
    People had a hard time fighting this guy? He is very easy to beat. I going have to try him now see what you guys are talking about :P

He's easy to beat when he functions properly, but when he gets buggy, he's a ******n annoying. It can even be downright boring if you fight him with a character that's extremely durable, like when I fought him for the second time with the Still-Heart. I kept blasting him for what seemed like an eternity until he stopped cheat-healing.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have ya been fighting Armadillo lately? IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE *takes damage* IMMUNE IMMUNE

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THAT? And he has explosives dropping from the skies too. I'd say he is almost as annoying as Mechaniste right now :biggrin: It seems like only the way to kill him is to wait him coming rolling your way and block so he'll damage himself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    kudos.jpg

Oh man, those things are delicious.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf