test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Layered Offenses

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Hero Games
So we all know about layered defenses.

Since they exist, and in abundance, one would assume that there is some way to layer offenses to counter all those defenses.

Discuss.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    So we all know about layered defenses.

Since they exist, and in abundance, one would assume that there is some way to layer offenses to counter all those defenses.

Discuss.

You have 2 layers:
    • Debuffs
    • Damage (of two types)
      • Front-loaded-damage
      • Damage-over-Time
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The correct answer is...

Offensive passive, a Form, Stacked Active Offenses & other damage boosts such as, FOR EXAMPLE, the synergy between Ebon Ruin/Void Shift.

Combine with proper Super stats and Spec Tree options.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't active offenses override each other?

I could be stupid but on one character, I had that Intelligence specialization that reduces cooldown on powers with your energy builder. I had Ego Surge and Lock and Load, and while one was running I hit the other, and the first one disappeared from my buff icons.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2013

I could be stupid but on one character, I had that Intelligence specialization that reduces cooldown on powers with your energy builder. I had Ego Surge and Lock and Load, and while one was running I hit the other, and the first one disappeared from my buff icons.

2 actually can stack. Both from Might tree. They normally share an internal cool down, not override/cancel each other.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dark Transfusion with advantage is useful as well for those purposes but the heal debuff is abit....
  • xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    2 actually can stack. Both from Might tree. They normally share an internal cool down, not override/cancel each other.
    Not quite. AD and AO do not have shared internal cool downs. Rather, Theirs are external and as such are both visible and affected by CDR. An example of an internal cool down would be escape artist as you can neither see nor affect its duration in any way.
    edited April 2013
    xeiros wrote: »
    Not quite. AD and AO do not have shared internal cool downs. Rather, Theirs are external and as such are both visible and affected by CDR. An example of an internal cool down would be escape artist as you can neither see nor affect its duration in any way.

I'm talking about 2 AO's that can stack (even though they aren't suppose to.)

Remove internal from my comment. They -should- share a "cooldown" still.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." ---Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can do Layered Offenses if you make each of them R3 and INT PSS, but...as they are INT PSS, build will be bit squishy. xD
    edited April 2013
    The best offense is a good defense. ^_~
  • typhonustyphonus Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not a PVPer, but might be worth mentioning.

INT PSS has Revitalize in its spec tree. I use that tied with PA's Wrist Bolter w/ Automated Assault. Pop Electric Sheathe, go to town with MM, Minigun, WB, their maintains end, pop LnL while ES is still up.

I only get a little bit of over lap, but that's because of lacking gear. I'm sure properly geared min/maxers would be getting way better mileage.
    edited April 2013
    I'm not a pvp'er, I'm a gamer... ^_~

Good luck with the offense thing, though!
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The overriding is not consistent. I can give a few examples.

Intensity and Aggressor do not override each other. With INT spec tree and revitalize, it is very possible to keep both running 24/7.

Ego Surge seems to be the most nasty AO. So far it overrides every other active offenses I tested. Someone told me that even though it overrides ice sheathe, the crit severity bonus from ice sheathe remains (I have not verified this). I use Aggressor with Ego Surge. When Aggressor is applied over Ego Surge, ES remains active. It ES is applied over Aggressor, Aggressor gets removed.

The same crazy thing happens for active defenses as well. When Unbreakable is applied while Masterful Dodge is active, MD is removed straight away. The other way round and both actives remain.

I will not even suggest they try to fix anything about all these though. The coding is probably so interlinked and complicated that they can only fix it by changing the actives to an ONH buff (wink, get the refererence?).
    edited April 2013
    When the going gets tough, the "tough" get devices.
    edited April 2013
    Listen to wesley.. He's master of what I spoke of. :smile:
    edited April 2013
    Cool story, pro.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wesley '14 *fanfare* *drum rolls* I'd vote for him x_x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited April 2013
    NANOMACHINES, son!

ohaiPenny.docx
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't get this thread, somebody explain this to me in people-talk plz. :biggrin:

We just talking about active offenses/defenses and how they stack? First few posts are confusing...
    ohaiPenny.docx

Sup grrl.

strafingrun.exe failed to launch. try again in whatever cooldown it's on :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited April 2013
    OO ^_~

9 seconds. ^_^
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NANOMACHINES, son!

ohaiPenny.docx

tumblr_mj5nhvgArD1rjytxzo1_500.jpg

Funniest moment in gaming ever :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    tumblr_mj5nhvgard1rjytxzo1_500.jpg

Funniest Moment In Gaming Ever :p

oooooO ^_^
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2013

There's my inspiration! If nanomachines can explain why he can hit the ground with his fists and cause geysers of fire to burst out various directions, then they can explain anything!

Senator, I salute you!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    There's my inspiration! If nanomachines can explain why he can hit the ground with his fists and cause geysers of fire to burst out various directions, then they can explain anything!

Senator, I salute you!

One simple line and suddenly the most stupid story arch in gaming ever ( Metal Gear as a whole ) suddenly makes sense XD

>_> ack i better say something on topic like you can use compassion and have two gun add a stack of concentration.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited April 2013

OOO ^_^ The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters