test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Poke Caliga Day (special event!)

malcontentmentmalcontentment Posts: 16 Arc User
Calling all catgirls (and others)...

We need to organize an official Poke Caliga Event (and post screenies). Maybe we can get some *cough* dev involvement (read: TT - where are ya?!?!?) and pick a few days that it'll work.

I just -know- Caliga the attention Harlot (*grin*) will LOOOOOVE the event. :biggrin:

@Kwagmyre in game
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a horse. Do you like swords? I saw a rock. Hi.
Post edited by malcontentment on

Comments

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013
    Caliga, if you can make hordes of catgirls happy and suffer through it in entertaining ways, I'll put you on the list for an II AF. Or we could make this a charity thing, or something, but I like this idea.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And if Caliga cant be found theres always Poke a Smackwell :P

screenshot_2013-04-03-20-20-42_zpsbd6b6ab0.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Caliga, if you can make hordes of catgirls happy and suffer through it in entertaining ways, I'll put you on the list for an II AF. Or we could make this a charity thing, or something, but I like this idea.

You entice The Caliga with such trinkets. I accept this proposal! Send a letter to my fortress of oppression (( Caliga@ssgoldus )), and my minions shall see to it that an appropriate response is given to you in a timely matter, along with a roasted quail.

You have my seal of approval.

caligastamp.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lets see,
    Smudge- girl cat,- just hold this, while I try something and she'll be ahppy
    Kitten kaboomboom- girl cat,- -are you a tank, no, goodbye
    Itty bitty kitty- cat girl, sort of, can I try my sword out on your armour?
    leafchaser- girl puppy- huh wat? trow stik?
    Dinky puppy- girl puppy,--- ..... ello *runs*

If you throw a stick(or stick like object) for Chaser she'll be happy, does that count?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry I don't meAn to pee on caliga day I hope it is fun for you all. I am a little concerned about players getting AFs. It seems like something that makes one player happy and a hundred jealous. Just seems like dev time could be better spent when we are all screaming for content and costumes.

Can of worms, opened.
  • cbncbn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Give me a date, and I'll be there!

I've been training for a while:

screenshot_2013-02-05-01-32-15_zps095a59da.jpg
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    And if Caliga cant be found theres always Poke a Smackwell :P

screenshot_2013-04-03-20-20-42_zpsbd6b6ab0.jpg

LOL!

Expecting a followup with something like this: http://youtu.be/NudyIa2ON0E?t=12s
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let us know when and where and Talon and I will be there :biggrin:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

... How do I get on the II AF list? I will subject myself to numerous humiliating moments. :tongue:
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited April 2013
    Sorry I don't meAn to pee on caliga day I hope it is fun for you all. I am a little concerned about players getting AFs. It seems like something that makes one player happy and a hundred jealous. Just seems like dev time could be better spent when we are all screaming for content and costumes.

Can of worms, opened.

The Iris Irregular AF has already been created, it's just really rare right now. No dev time needed. :smile:
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't poke Smacky, you don't know where he's been!

... How do I get on the II AF list? I will subject myself to numerous humiliating moments. :tongue:

She caught me as I was taking a break from my endgame goal.

My endgame goal is rocketjumping to the tip of that spike. It's the most difficult thing to do in this game!!!
    biffsig.jpg
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Iris Irregular AF has already been created, it's just really rare right now. No dev time needed. :smile:

I have the feeling that the poster was concerned about AFs being made of the player's toons.
    I can understand the misunderstanding because I didn't know what "II" meant when you typed it......

I assumed it was a typing error and that you were offering the player an AF of HIS toon,which I also thought was a bad idea (unless we all have the opportunity of getting AFs of our toons).

Misunderstanding cleared up, I hope :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So long as there's a small Miss Behavin AF poking said Caliga AF, I'll do it.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2013

A Caliga action figure is good as long as we're forced to follow it around instead of the opposite.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Can of worms, opened.

This really isn't much different from the Harby AF except it's a LOT more limited. That's kinda the entire point.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How about if we do any of the "computer poke wall" animations while having Caliga targeted, we get an AF of our own toon?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited April 2013
    This really isn't much different from the Harby AF except it's a LOT more limited. That's kinda the entire point.

See post #13.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited April 2013
    See post #13.

What about it? Iris Irregular AFs aren't rare or something? I've only seen the one following TT's own character around.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited April 2013
    I assumed it was a typing error and that you were offering the player an AF of HIS toon,which I also thought was a bad idea (unless we all have the opportunity of getting AFs of our toons).

Misunderstanding cleared up, I hope :smile:

Ahhh, gotcha. That's something that I may end up doing as special rewards, but those will be extremely rare, and I'm not even sure if it'll happen. It does open the door to favoritism, but I do want to reward people who help make the community the juggernaut o' awesome that it is.
    edited April 2013
    What about it? Iris Irregular AFs aren't rare or something? I've only seen the one following TT's own character around.

*sigh*.....
    Ahhh, gotcha. That's something that I may end up doing as special rewards, but those will be extremely rare, and I'm not even sure if it'll happen. It does open the door to favoritism, but I do want to reward people who help make the community the juggernaut o' awesome that it is.

Now do you get it?
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited April 2013
    *sigh*.....

Now do you get it?

I got it from the start. I wasn't talking about AFs of player characters in the first place anyway.
  • malcontentmentmalcontentment Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Before this thread gets derailed... and since it was mentioned - I really like the idea of a charity event - I know that means that some people will 'feel' excluded but I think there's an opportunity here to maybe do something as a community for any number of worthy causes.

Some of the charities that I'm thinking of are:
    - a humane society or no-kill shelter angle (cat girls)
    - a few Raspberry Pi's (http://raspberrypi.org) donated to a school (These things are like $50 each. Seriously.)
    - a donation to a national charity like the cancer foundation or something to that extent

Maybe have a limited item for the day of the event like a Poke Caliga token to measure the number of pokes and make them like $1 a piece with the entirety of the proceeds going to the charity. Something like that. Just kinda sounding off ideas.

@Kwagmyre in game.
    Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a horse. Do you like swords? I saw a rock. Hi.
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ohhhhh, I assumed II stood for stage 2 AF or something. :redface:
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If this starts a trend of players getting action figures made of their characters then so be it! As long as we don't have to beg someone for their action figure and just add them to the zen store.

ADD THEM TO THE ZEN STORE!

We can start by adding Roxstar's first.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Ah sorry:redface: I thought Caliga was getting an AF, I had missed the II = Iris Irregular.

So yeah green eyed monster showed his face...
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Jesus you're all quick to jump the gun. Even I knew what TT meant by "II".

-_-
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm.... which of my catgirls should I have poke Caliga? *ponders*
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • malcontentmentmalcontentment Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kallethen wrote: »

Answer: All of them, of course.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kallethen wrote: »

All of them :3
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Jesus you're all quick to jump the gun. Even I knew what TT meant by "II".

-_-

A few people understanding what ll means certainly does not represent the majority. Iris AF would have done just fine.

I would certainly LOVE it if community run events were put in place to where the key player, "winner" or what have you gets one of their characters AF made, then it gets put into the Zen store for anyone who wants it to buy it. It would do nothing but generate revenue as well as put something a little more along the way of Trailturtle who apparently is making AFs for Cryptic that generates them revenue for players who want those AFs that represent a community run event.

Also for fun, I intentionally spelled II above as Ls because abreviating is dumb if you have no context which leads horrible miscommunication. This also goes for TT runs. Is that Teleios Tower or Therakiel's Temple? Too abbreviated and you only frustrate people.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so when is this happenin'?
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not really sure about the AF part. I was just caught on by the prospect of poking you with a large group of people. It's like St. Patrick's Day... Only instead of pinching people in green, it's poking people that are named Caliga.