test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infernos are OP.

prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Hero Games
Once, before On Alert, I was killed by a Fireball crit, so because Freeforms are obviously better than ATs in every possible way, the completely obvious conclusion is that Infernos are OP and need nerfed.

Infernos are obviously OP for these simple reasons: Their charged fireball does way too much damage for time charged, It has 3 AoEs, and needs no thought to build.

For testing for this, I used 100% reliable Cryptic Math values, Legion's gear, and no advantages, traits or Specializations. Foremost because obviously everyone has access to Legion's gear, and this is showing how powerful the AT is even without massive stat increases. This is obviously a foolproof and ironclad test of my skill too.

The Charged Fireball attacks deal way too much damage. It attacks not once, but twice with its ridiculous numbers. With the aforementioned setup, and 8 Concentration stacks, it hit for 3000 damage fully charged, and then 1200 damage in AoE. This obviously is significantly Overpowered, who cares about the 3 whole seconds you sit there, charging up your attack, unable to move? With attacks such as Defile, I may get 1,000 damage taps, or with Ice Blast, maybe 3,000 damage taps, but who wants to be jumping around when they fight things? For these reasons, Fireball is OP.

The Inferno AT has 3 whole AoEs, showing amazing build skill and foresight from cryptic, and how they're obviously hacking their own game to be such geniuses. Between Fire Breath, Flash Fire and Conflagration, which, obviously can't be used in synergy, because, that would be a nightmare to fight. I can get around 400 DPS. This is overpowered in PvP because everyone knows AoEs and tagging are the way to go in Hero Games.

Finally, as has been pointed out many times by the armchair build gurus and intellectual savants of this forum, ATs need no build skill to create, as Cryptic has already created the AT for you, and you have to choose nothing. Nevermind the specialization trees, traits, optional powers, travel powers, gear, stat choices, or power rotations. Cryptic obviously does all the work for you. This can be seen from the complete lack of defensive powers or heals, showing just how much offensive prowess and power this Archetype possesses.

In conclusion, this AT is way too easy to do well with, and has way too much offensive power. Infernos are OP.
~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
Post edited by prankenstein on

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    um...?

ok.

EDIT: hurhurhurhurhurhur, I get it..sorry I'm a little slow.. :(
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You didn't even mention Fire Strike. Range 100, infinitely spammable while moving at full speed, can apply a DOT on every attack, and if the target has fire snake on them it does more damage. It's practically a high speed sniper rifle attack that you can spam while jumping around like a swankbag, and nobody can even stop you because you can put, of all things, crippling challenge on it, which if nobody remembers, completely and utterly rips through blocking.

And nobody's even doing anything about it!

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    You didn't even mention Fire Strike. Range 100, infinitely spammable while moving at full speed, can apply a DOT on every attack, and if the target has fire snake on them it does more damage. It's practically a high speed sniper rifle attack that you can spam while jumping around like a swankbag, and nobody can even stop you because you can put, of all things, crippling challenge on it, which if nobody remembers, completely and utterly rips through blocking.

And nobody's even doing anything about it!

Exactly, and it does like a whole 500 damage, even without crits! Inferno OP. Please nerf.
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Once, before On Alert, I was killed by a Fireball crit, so because Freeforms are obviously better than ATs in every possible way, the completely obvious conclusion is that Infernos are OP and need nerfed.

Infernos are obviously OP for these simple reasons: Their charged fireball does way too much damage for time charged, It has 3 AoEs, and needs no thought to build.

For testing for this, I used 100% reliable Cryptic Math values, Legion's gear, and no advantages, traits or Specializations. Foremost because obviously everyone has access to Legion's gear, and this is showing how powerful the AT is even without massive stat increases. This is obviously a foolproof and ironclad test of my skill too.

The Charged Fireball attacks deal way too much damage. It attacks not once, but twice with its ridiculous numbers. With the aforementioned setup, and 8 Concentration stacks, it hit for 3000 damage fully charged, and then 1200 damage in AoE. This obviously is significantly Overpowered, who cares about the 3 whole seconds you sit there, charging up your attack, unable to move? With attacks such as Defile, I may get 1,000 damage taps, or with Ice Blast, maybe 3,000 damage taps, but who wants to be jumping around when they fight things? For these reasons, Fireball is OP.

The Inferno AT has 3 whole AoEs, showing amazing build skill and foresight from cryptic, and how they're obviously hacking their own game to be such geniuses. Between Fire Breath, Flash Fire and Conflagration, which, obviously can't be used in synergy, because, that would be a nightmare to fight. I can get around 400 DPS. This is overpowered in PvP because everyone knows AoEs and tagging are the way to go in Hero Games.

Finally, as has been pointed out many times by the armchair build gurus and intellectual savants of this forum, ATs need no build skill to create, as Cryptic has already created the AT for you, and you have to choose nothing. Nevermind the specialization trees, traits, optional powers, travel powers, gear, stat choices, or power rotations. Cryptic obviously does all the work for you. This can be seen from the complete lack of defensive powers or heals, showing just how much offensive prowess and power this Archetype possesses.

In conclusion, this AT is way too easy to do well with, and has way too much offensive power. Infernos are OP.

. . . people make me sigh.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    . . . people make me sigh.

Seems I didn't make this obvious enough for some people.

Happy April Fool's day.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let alone fiery form by itself does AOE DMG...so you have 3 aoes PLUS your passive to deal DoT! Plz cryptic nerf/balance it.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Toasty!! ^_~

Infern0 so pro in BASH omg ^_^
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fire Shield has chance to apply Clinging Flames to attackers in melee range! There are no other Shield can apply Clinging Flames! It's too OP!!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These powers make my character flail around like a dang moron too, and there is the humiliation factor. :frown:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    storytimewitheddstorytimewithedd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    evin mor ohpee dan eybeems ^_^~

yes ok??

buff pls

OIO i ment

nerf pls ^^

thank ^_^_~ skqurilex drop basw veru ahdr

-Jim J. Luciditis >=-) :Ddd
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't be a nuub---that's an order, soldier!
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't nerf the Inferno till they've nerfed Eyebeam!
    Gah it's been a year and still nothing has been done
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OP is OP.

• Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems I didn't make this obvious enough for some people.

Happy April Fool's day.

Sorry that was more for those who will take your post as a serious one. I expected any new thread posted April First to be a part of April Fools day.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    Sorry that was more for those who will take your post as a serious one. I expected any new thread posted April First to be a part of April Fools day.

I apologize as well, I felt quite cynical when I posted my reply.

Much love, enjoy April Fool's Day next year too! <3.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I was in a BASH Match today and got one shotted by Fire Form..from an Inferno AT, it went straight through my Force Field and killed me. PLZ FIX

((Could you imagine for a moment if this was taken seriously and Inferno AT was nerfed? LOL))