test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has the 4 slot gear in the new lockboxes...

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
...made you feel more enthusiastic about grinding questionite, or less enthusiastic?

For those of you who plan to spend actual money to open these boxes, has the gear made you feel like you're finally getting something worth the money, or has it made you feel like the company is trying to suck money out of you with a "limited time offer" ploy?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    heh... my Q grinding is focused on costumes/travel powers (really... 2 flight i need are Q exclusives! -.-) and costume slots... at least while waiting for stipend
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hrmm...Since I've already got most, if not all of the Z store stuff, although have almost nothing from the Q store...I'd say it feels like a good 'option' to choose from.

I can choose to either grab Q stuff, or save up zen and try to grab a special somethin' from the boxes.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's really no need for anything beyond SCR gear (for me).

Once the Q:Zen ratio gets back to normal I might get a few keys.

I like the look of the chariot and apparently there are some costume pieces.

I'd care about the mods if grinding skill wasn't a complete and utter grind, the 25x rank 3's are basically worthless, I don't plan for anything higher than rank 5 since those can actually drop in game.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    ...made you feel more enthusiastic about grinding questionite, or less enthusiastic?

For those of you who plan to spend actual money to open these boxes, has the gear made you feel like you're finally getting something worth the money, or has it made you feel like the company is trying to suck money out of you with a "limited time offer" ploy?

You forgot resources. That's how I get my keys.

And yes, I am more inclined to open these boxes. Not because of the 4 slot gear, but because the old ones only guaranteed one thing I cared about: Drifter salvage. With real mods in them, every box is guaranteed to have something worth using in it.

The 25x Sentinel Brooch 4 box I got this morning kinda sucked, but it's infinitely better than a 25x Onboard AI 5 box.
    Hrmm...Since I've already got most, if not all of the Z store stuff, although have almost nothing from the Q store...I'd say it feels like a good 'option' to choose from.

I can choose to either grab Q stuff, or save up zen and try to grab a special somethin' from the boxes.

This. I have everything I want from the z store barring maybe a travel power or 2, and those I impulse buy when I make a character they fit, anyway. This gives me something to blow my stipend on and maybe get a shiny from.

Then again, I've also got almost everything from the Q store, costume and power wise. Given the lack of *permanent* shinies (costume sets, and such) grab bags are pretty much my only option.

That'd be the part I'm less pleased with. I'd be pissed as a lifer right now, I quit for a while and I still have damn near everything they offer that's not a gamble.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Neither. I don't grind questionite.

But I am hopeful a few will end up on the auctionhouse in my price range.

Not spending real money on these. But if I did, it wouldn't be for the gear, it'd be for the costumes and the vehicle that still leaves the character visible.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am super pumped to be grinding!!!!!!! I can't wait for all the disappointing moments followed by one slightly elated moment!!!!!!!
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I probly should have waited until the relevant character was 40, but I got an L37 avoidance defense and a L38 utility (literally any of them would have been an improvement, given that the character hadn't found a primary utility since level 30).

So.... yeah. Dodge rating goes over 100% when using Evasive Maneuvers, with 100% uptime if I bother.

...may be a little broken, really.
    SQUIRREL!
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I never open lockboxes so.....no. All this new stuff is simply stuff I see other people using.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had a cosmic scale orgasm when i got my 1st 4 slot gear from the box.
    Or it just migh have been the kebab i ate earlier.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I had a cosmic scale orgasm when i got my 1st 4 slot gear from the box.
    Or it just migh have been the kebab i ate earlier.

I think it was the kebab, because if gambling rushes induced cosmic scale orgasms we'd have whole cities devoted to gambling.
  • cutter187cutter187 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it was the kebab, because if gambling rushes induced cosmic scale orgasms we'd have whole cities devoted to gambling.

We do have whole cities devoted to gambling.
    cutter187 wrote: »

We do have whole cities devoted to gambling.

thatsthejoke.jpg
    Nope. To me, Questionite is a byproduct of my daily alerts, Nemcon runs and such. I don't farm it at all.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thatsthejoke.jpg
    CHEKHOV: One parsec, sir. Close enough to smell them! (grins)
    SPOCK: That is most illogical. Odors cannot travel through the vacuum of space.
    CHEKHOV: It was - just a little joke, sir.
    SPOCK: It was extremely little, Ensign.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I probly should have waited until the relevant character was 40, but I got an L37 avoidance defense and a L38 utility (literally any of them would have been an improvement, given that the character hadn't found a primary utility since level 30).

So.... yeah. Dodge rating goes over 100% when using Evasive Maneuvers, with 100% uptime if I bother.

...may be a little broken, really.

1. grinding Q.... what's that? sorry low boredom threshold. the closest I come to grinding it, is my morbid fascination wiht how many nemesis docksides before I see a real nemesis.

2. Squid, only 7 levels. My record was at 35 finally replacing my primary offence from level 14, I can't remember what stats that character had but I never found any for it.
    I have just bought from the Ah gear for my L33 Anneika , secondaries were, 20,21,23. Primaries only the offence was 23. Dex/ego, only a few have both

3. Dodge goes over 100% with masterful dodge too.
    it was funny seeing 237% dodge. avoid 58... yes well

But I am hopeful a few will end up on the auctionhouse in my price range.
    *hides behind heavy wall in case of screams*
    Gavin , I gave away 2 4slots yesterday and a heroic to someone trying to get geared. Why waste time on the AH.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg