test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Modern PvP Builds

2»

Comments

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can I ask you guys a favor? Keeping these threads clean is becoming time consuming, so could you please ignore and not reply to or quote katasyntax? Just creates more work for me when you do. Thanks.

Just a friendly reminder.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • lakamaseleoslakamaseleos Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So who are the best pvplayers I should watch out for?
    I mean almost everyone beats me but who are the best?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Glad you said almost everyone cause I suck harder than anyone at PvP, I'd probably end up buffing you or something :rolleyes:

As regards your first question...thats basically ASKING for trouble lol, but generally if you see someone with a high - silly amount of CON with AoPM and Concentration, or they are constantly using radiance...those people are the ones to watch out for...

Some people claim to be the best and have proof so meh...just be observant I guess..
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the reply there!
    I heard that the James bond villain super group (Spectre :biggrin:) has the best ones but I see people like Messiah that are immune at all damage while dueling! I mean he does take damage but then at some times he doesn't...WTF?

Also asking 'coz I need someone to help me, and if I know who the best ones are I can ask them!
    So plz anyone?
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'd say for me the 'best' players at the moment are people such as Green Slimey Sniping machine he's a nice guy but he wont go easy on you in a duel, Aphrodite is good but he seems to have something against everyone who attacks him as if he literally wants to jump through the screen and kill you, there is then the other spectre people such as malware and blackfade but they haven't been on all too much recently. There's a few people in destiny who are pretty good and people in altered ego's such as any of aret_f's toons or paradigm are pretty good. Richard Bangerr is good, so is shuguar but he apparently stopped pvping a week ago.

There are a few more names of the various full time pvper's. Then there are many that are kind of on the side, many that have pure tank builds that wont really do much to you or are AT's.

Instead of going strait for the top pvpers try to work your way up. Start off with some more casual pvpers, once you find you can beat almost all of them depending on counters ofcourse move onto fighting dueling some harder opponents, if you loose try to figure out what you did wrong and what they did to beat you. You can often end up finding habits of certain players that you can use against them.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now this thread wasn't made for that reason, but anyways ended up being a cockie fight before you posted.
    If you ask me, the best are Aphrodite,Green,Monaahiru and then anyone with quarry-2GM and good gear.
    Aphrodite's an AT now though. I would be glad to help you with anything you need to start, even though I am not one of the best, I know what it takes to win.
    Btw what's your in-game handle? I think your forum handle seems familiar...i'm Sters@redsymbol.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you imp for your reply, sorry for spoiling your thread Sters and thx for the financial help (:rolleyes:).
    Got my answer, thanks everyone for spending some time...will be here and there in HG...
    Cya all there!
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the reply there!
    I heard that the James bond villain super group (Spectre :biggrin:) has the best ones but I see people like Messiah that are immune at all damage while dueling! I mean he does take damage but then at some times he doesn't...WTF?

Also asking 'coz I need someone to help me, and if I know who the best ones are I can ask them!
    So plz anyone?

Messiah does take damage, I've dueled him and damaged him significantly, but he uses an awful lot of devices, I think he has like an extended Device tray or something. Immunity = Eruption Device, its a pretty neat device but can be abused all too easily.

Even though I dislike device usage in PvP, I love the devices themselves, since I mostly themebuild some of them not only add to the characters theme but also to the survival and "cool (IMO)" factor.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Messiah does take damage, I've dueled him and damaged him significantly, but he uses an awful lot of devices, I think he has like an extended Device tray or something. Immunity = Eruption Device, its a pretty neat device but can be abused all too easily.

Even though I dislike device usage in PvP, I love the devices themselves, since I mostly themebuild some of them not only add to the characters theme but also to the survival and "cool (IMO)" factor.

Again I will say Messiah doesnt count as a PvPer. Have dueled him quite a few times ( he has beaten me on OCCASION )..but one time I beat him some random I didnt know went as such LOL@BEATENBYNEPHT :D

Seriously if he finds a roleplayer that uses REGENERATION a hassle , God only knows what the likes of Nesno would do to his face.

He may deny it but I have my vid that proves he is indeed sh$tter than me at PvP

(would add that wasnt my regen toon thats the PA/SHOCK version of Nepht :< )
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited May 2013
    Oh I see thanks for the replies, apparently I will first make an AT to learn the game and will buy a ff once I learn the whereabouts...at least that's the advice I was given...let's see
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Again I will say Messiah doesnt count as a PvPer. Have dueled him quite a few times ( he has beaten me on OCCASION )..but one time I beat him some random I didnt know went as such LOL@BEATENBYNEPHT :D

Seriously if he finds a roleplayer that uses REGENERATION a hassle , God only knows what the likes of Nesno would do to his face.

He may deny it but I have my vid that proves he is indeed sh$tter than me at PvP

(would add that wasnt my regen toon thats the PA/SHOCK version of Nepht :< )

Oh wow, I should not even be laughing that much...just a single maintain and boom shakalaka! :biggrin:

Now I have video evidence that you are better than me in PvP so therefore I suck harder than ALL of you at PvP! haha! I would now like to be awarded my "Worst PvPer of All Time" Title ploXz

:biggrin:
    edited May 2013
    Hehehe yeah Nepht is right...Messiah is nor seriously a PvPer...but why dafuq does he call his sg a PVP sg and spams sg invites on me?
    Anyone else has these issues?
    edited May 2013
    Hehehe yeah Nepht is right...Messiah is nor seriously a PvPer...but why dafuq does he call his sg a PVP sg and spams sg invites on me?
    Anyone else has these issues?

His PvP = Pen Vs Paper hehe :p

In all seriousness, he has (for some strange reason) invited me of all the people in CO to join his SG..I'd probably be so bad everyone would quit his SG lol
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    *Not for leveling*

Bonus Healing Gear and Speed Gear with Impact prism, [Hospitable Eyepiece] those are must in this build.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Jewel Blueberry (Dodge Healer Ver.2.0)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Arcanus
    Level 6: Diplomatic
    Level 9: Shrug It Off
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Intimidating
    Level 18: Brilliant
    Level 21: Enduring

Powers:
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 6: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3, Runic Glow)
    Level 11: Compassion
    Level 14: Palliate (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 23: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 26: Ascension (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Redemption
    Level 32: Nanobot Swarm (Rejuvinating Injectors)
    Level 35: Rebirth
    Level 38: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Teleportation (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (2/3)
    Intelligence: Revitalize (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Rejuvenated (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Defensive Expertise (3/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Fixed a bit. :3
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Penny uses Telekinetic Wave.

b-beat that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »

b-beat that.

I felt Ego Storm is also dangerous. xD
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »

b-beat that.

I tried to use TK Maelstrom for all the leech stacks you'd get instantly in the Hero Games environment and for having an edge in 1vsMany.

Then everyone used it to lag the hell out of everything.

edited September 2013
    Omg necro postsssss!
    I use tb lunge+tractor beam

Last edited by Sters 4:12 pm Reason:
    Last edited by Sters 4:13 pm Reason:
    Last edited by Sters 4:14 pm Reason:
    Last edited by Sters 4:15 pm Reason:
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Last edited by SpinnyTop; 08-15-2013 at 4:50 AM. Reason: Time machine running slow.
  • brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Name: PVP build IC + ER + TGM

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Invincible
    Level 6: Enduring
    Level 9: Indomitable
    Level 12: Brilliant
    Level 15: Academics
    Level 18: Healthy Mind
    Level 21: Ascetic

Powers:
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Ice Cage (Sub-Zero Cellblock, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Epidemic (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Voracious Darkness)
    Level 29: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
    Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (1/3)
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Locus (2/2)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (3/3)
    Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Explanations:

Gunslinger: Just a theme energy builder. You can pick any other you want.

Two-Gun Mojo: Incredible single target damage output. The only drawback it's his 50 foot range. I've picked this just for theme, you can pick Lightning Arc, which has the double (100 foot) of TGM range.

Concentration: Will return energy to you every time you charge/maintain your ranged powers. Scale with ego and intelligence. Also increases your ranged damage (and melee a little).

Aura or Primal Majesty: It increases all of your stats. This way you can benefit significantly from all stats bonuses (crit chance, healing bonus, energy equilibrium, etc). In other words, you don't need to pick recovery or endurance (unless you want to) as SS, since you won't have energy issues thanks to AoPM increasing all your stats.

Conviction: Very popular heal. Gives you a quick burst of health, and if you have intelligence as SS, it will shorten his recharge time. Works great with Molecular Self-Assembly, since it will proc every time you hit Conviction, due to his quick recharge time.

Ice Cage: This power has crippling challenge on it, which will disable your enemy block for 10 seconds, making him vulnerable for your Ebon Ruin spam/charge, or Two-Gun Mojo maintain. Also, his adv. will interrupt any charged or maintained attacks. Sweet! Works great with Molecular Self-Assembly.

Molecular Self-Assembly: This energy unlock returns energy to you every time the recharge time of your powers ends. Works well with this build, since you will be hitting Conviction and Ice Cage a lot.

Epidemic: In my opinion, the best PBAoE power in the game. It's usefull if you need to do some Alerts, because you can kill anything that is in it's range, in any direction. For PVP, i use it to uncover players who just used Evasive Maneuvers with adv., or that sneak guy using stealth to hit you with Shadow Strike or Strafing Run. Oh, and why it's the best PBAoE? Because you can move while using it! (don't remember if there's another PBAoE you can do it)

Resurgence: Similar to Conviction, but will give you a much more higher burst of Health. Although has a high recharge time, it can save you in bad situations, and even turn the tide in your favor, since it almost restores your life bar to 100%.

Ebon Void: Your block power. I've picked it due to his stacking defense advantage. You can pick other block for theme if you want. Another good blocks are Force Shield with adv., and Telekinetic Shield with adv., which will grant you block benefits for some time after you release the block button.

Evasive Maneuvers: Lunges you backwards to put some distance between you and your enemy, and gives you some dodge for short time. Picked this power due to his adv., which puts you in stealth, giving you some time to heal, or sneak attack.

Masterful Dodge: Increases your dodge and avoidance to extremely high levels. It helps when you are in a bad situation, and need to decrease the damage you're receiving in order to heal and get back to the fight. I would combo it with Evasive Maneuvers, since it's easier to heal in stealth. And of course, you can use it while attacking your opponent, since he will cause less damage to you while MD is active.

Ebon Ruin: Alpha strike power. Does high damage, no matter if you tap or charge. Also, it reduces your enemy healing effectiveness for a short time. You can refresh this debuff every time you hit your enemy with this power.

Rebirth: Personal taste. I like to get up right after i'm beaten (either PVP or PVE). This way i don't need to return to a respawn point or wait for someone else to revive me. If you don't care about this, swap it for an active offense. I would recomend Ego Surge with adv., which increases your crit chance. Ascension is nice too, because it helps you break holds, roots and disable effects.

Advantages:

Constitution tree will give you more health, and knock/hold resistance, which is important in a PVP match. You can die in a blink of an eye if you get knocked or holded, crushed by a spike damage charge or combo.

Guardian and Protector trees will increase your defense and offense.

Protector Mastery will reset your active defenses if your are with less than 30% of your life. This occurs once every 60 seconds.

I'm open to suggestions, opinions, and everything else. :)
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    brfabeiras wrote: »
    build

Hey man.

Cool little build you have here, I have a few suggestions that I'm not saying you should change to but they're just things you could consider with a build like this.

1. 2gm is currently very very easily countered by unbreakable, this is currently the reason almost anyone who does PvP with most of their time currently doesn't use it.

2. Concentration is a kinda obvious choice on a 2gm build, however manip could be another choice still. The problem here is what are you going more into, EGO or INT seeing as you are CON primary.

3. AOPM is kinda "meh" with CON primary. Like you'll get a massive amount of HP like this but really you're kinda un defensive and squishy even with this large amount of HP while also not really hitting that large damage spikes. You could think about changing EGO for STR primary with pure CON, a pretty cheesy choice but effective. If you are going to change to STR you kinda need vindicator and warden as your specs to truly "min/max." I would say warden is a much better choice than guardian, almost certainly this is the case in PvP due to SR / UR both being AOE attacks. Also if you are going for a health based build like this using protector I strongly suggest you take bulwark.

3. Ice cage is kinda meh with the build, seems fairly random. It can be used well but in this build it seems there are many other choices that may be better.

4. Epidemic is a great power for PvE, for PvP I wouldn't say it is much better than a tagging tool to tag everyone in the area in BASH constantly. If the NW is any good they'd be able to dodge your epidemic and hold you easily enough.

5. Resurgence is "okay" although currently the FOTM is MD / unbreak rotation to be pretty much unkillable.

6. Ebon Void is an amazing power, makes you really hard to kill especially when the stacks are built. Not much point in ranking it IMO.

7. EM can still be okay even after it's nerf. However you could think about other utility powers here too, it depends if your build is based on dodge and if the person you are against has stealth sight.

8. Field Ops Training instead of one of the 8's will give you an extra 1 in a super stat, not amazingly different I know but still it's to min/max.

9. Rebirth is obviously your preference and I wont argue with that.

:)

I'm not forcing the build to become more "FOTM" however these changes may make the build a little stronger PvP wise and as a 2gm ER build it's sort of like a FOTM from like 6 months back almost.
    edited February 2014
    I'm not forcing the build to become more "FOTM"

Of course not... you're not "forcing"... you're "persuading" :D
    edited February 2014
    Well, thanks for the suggestions!

Following your tips, I:

-Swapped Concentration for Manipulator;
    -Swapped Resurgence for Unbreakable;
    -Picked INT as primary SS;
    -Swapped Brilliant for Field Ops Training;

And i have some questions, since i'm not an experienced PVP player, this is kinda new to me.

1) Defense penetration from INT tree is really worth it? Or EGO primary is better?

2) I've picked Ice Cage due to Crippling Challenge and the interrupt advantage. What other choices you think would be better?

3) What is the FoTM build these days? Just curious to see the power tendencies.

4) What power do you recomend to use instead of TGM?

5) What other passives are effective in terms of survivability?

I play this game since it went f2p, and i'm kinda tired to do PVE since there's no new content lately. That's why i'm gonna invest on PVP from now on.

And again, thanks for the suggestions :)
    edited February 2014
    Just a question... why switch to Manipulator? For Ice Cage?
    edited February 2014
    Eheh, manipulator was only another option you could use. Works great with int primary though. I suggest if you go int ego con that you have nothing in ego from gear, the reason is using AOPM and ego surge will take you up to the soft cap it ends up being better to just stack more int for the better holds and damage from manipulator as well as the armour pen.

Ice cage in the eyes of manipulator is best for one thing which is the fact you can build it in about 4 seconds spamming ice cage. If you are going to use manip you almost certainly want some kind of stun, the best stun with this settup will almost certainly be sonic device.

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Matter Manipulator
    Level 6: Indomitable
    Level 9: Brilliant
    Level 12: Enduring
    Level 15: Healthy Mind
    Level 18: Ascetic
    Level 21: Academics

Powers:
    Level 1: Particle Rifle
    Level 1: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 6: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Manipulator
    Level 17: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 20: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)
    Level 23: Unbreakable (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Ascension (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Thunderclap
    Level 32: Force Geyser (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 35: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Smoke Grenade (Escape Artist)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Teleportation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Here was a build I posted on my build thread that I once made for a friend. I don't suggest you just copy the build, I suggest you take a look and understand the general idea behind it. If you're going to be using a manpulator TGM build this would be the kind of thing I suggest.

Reason for quarry over AOPM? Basically damage roles are probably the best roles, the damage increase they give is actually fairly large. AOPM is a great passive but in my opinion works best with a primary super stat such as strength due to all that crit severity and defense you'd get from it.

However saying this if you go AOPM you could run in support role with int primary and manipulator. Your stun should last about 9-12 seconds depending on your int which is about 3-7 seconds on players depending on their resistance. This is pretty damn good with 2GM, if you hit 4-5k dps in 3 seconds you would hit 12-15k increase the length of the hold on people and you would kill most people in this time.

Edit: keep trying to edit this, then it comes up with bad request. -_- 3rd time lucky, I'll be to the point this time.

1. Yes it is worth it, ego can be good but you'd need a pure ego build. The armour pen at 35% will cut through a big chunk of their defence and then 2gm will take off 10% flat armour pen from that.

2. The interrupt is unreliable, there are a few choices for 100ft CC out there. However if using manip sonic and 2gm then ice cage would be great for building it instead of thunderclap which I used on this build.

3. Current FOTM is perma active invuln mind break build. Super hard to kill and has a very nice burst along with those DOT's which aren't bad damage themselves.

4. Ricochet throw, if you use this however you would kinda need to take NW for the sneak. You may as well take SS off your bar though as you would be running in ranged damage role.

5. AOPM/LR/invuln/defiant if you go strength primary although cheesy it can make anything look like a tank.
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, let me see if I understood this build:

-Use Sonic Device and Thunderclap to stun the target and stack Manipulator;
    -Hit Ego Surge then maintain TGM to wipe out your enemy from existence, since the defense penetration from INT tree will help you pass through any resistance;
    -Hitting Conviction, Thunderclap, Force Geyser will trigger MSA, giving me a lot of energy;
    -Using MD and Unbreakable every time i can to keep me alive;
    -Ascension to increase my heals and help me break through holds;
    -Smoke Grenade to enter in stealth;
    -Quarry for dodge and better damage output;

Is that it?

I'm not gonna copy this, but I will adapt to my personal taste, considering the idea behind this build.

Do you have this perma active invuln mind break build to show me? Just to see how it works.

I'll post my build here again after some changes. :)

And by the way, no Crippling Challenge?
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Your target cannot block if they are stunned. My guess is that is the reason for the lack of CC on that build, because Imp normally includes CC on builds that don't rely on long stuns if I'm not mistaken.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, let me see if I understood this build:

-Use Sonic Device and Thunderclap to stun the target and stack Manipulator;
    -Hit Ego Surge then maintain TGM to wipe out your enemy from existence, since the defense penetration from INT tree will help you pass through any resistance;
    -Hitting Conviction, Thunderclap, Force Geyser will trigger MSA, giving me a lot of energy;
    -Using MD and Unbreakable every time i can to keep me alive;
    -Ascension to increase my heals and help me break through holds;
    -Smoke Grenade to enter in stealth;
    -Quarry for dodge and better damage output;

Is that it?

I'm not gonna copy this, but I will adapt to my personal taste, considering the idea behind this build.

Do you have this perma active invuln mind break build to show me? Just to see how it works.

I'll post my build here again after some changes. :)

And by the way, no Crippling Challenge?

Sonic device is obviously for the long stun when placed onto 2gm, it doesn't actually stack manip itself so you need something to stack it. I'd call this a perma manip build as you can build and keep up manipulator 24/7 using thunderclap. This means as soon as you go into combat you have a 8+ second stun ready for a full on 2gm shootout. This isn't just using ego surge but also using MD which also gives a flat damage bonus.

Yeah MSA is a given with conviction basically and using thunderclap also helps with it.

Use MD when ego surge is up for the extra damage and use unbreak to get the hell out of there in rotation with ascension and MD/surge. I always think of ascension as a "get the hell outa there" power.

Smoke grenade is a "now you see me now you don't" use it when they put up MD then hide behind LOS. Why LOS (line of sight) I hear you ask? Well they can't actually target you until you are on their screen, it can also be good to stay behind people and above people as they'll find you very hard to find without having you targeted. Smoke nade just stops them from targeting you, you can make it seem like you are invisible for longer by using LOS.

The dodge from quarry is kinda meh now. Quarry is mainly for the damage bonus to physical damage as well as giving ego and int taking ego up the the DR soft cap and increasing int to make manip do more and give more armour pen.

CC would mean a wasted power IMO, unless people are going to block somehow all the time in which case you can just stand there next to them like <.< until they stop then blast them with a stun which they wont break out of for about 6 seconds in which time you will hope 2gm will be able to kill them.

By the way 2gm is extreamely weak against unbreakable and a big reason why not many people use it anymore. You almost certainly need to max it's damage to get it to hit enough to have a point these days, it's not great with a tanky toon as it wont break through unbreakable.

I have no idea how the exact build is for mind break but here is a random version I made a few hours ago for a friend in PA oddly enough. <.< I have no idea how people like seraphim had their versions, I know they min maxed them a little more.

[MIND BREAK BUILD TAKEN DOWN AS ASKED BY SERAPHIM SORRY :< All you need to know is the fact it uses invuln and mind break]

FYI the build was made to work in PVE as well so I didn't add the threat (CC) on but you get the idea. You'd just have to get 3 points from somewhere.
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, nice. Now I understand why CC isn't necessary when you stun your enemy a lot. There's only one thing I don't get it: why STR instead of EGO, since you're using ranged attacks? It's for knock resistance?

And since we're talking about STR, meele PVP is viable? I don't do B.A.S.H., but in duels almost 90% the guys I see are ranged. I prefer melee over ranged, but I don't know how effective it is compared to a ranged build.

I've made this build, but there's a lot of aspects I don't know about PVP melee, so i'm probably doing a lot of things wrong:

Name: Melee PVP Build

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Mechanized
    Level 9: Mighty
    Level 12: Covert Ops Training
    Level 15: Physical Conditioning
    Level 18: Body and Mind
    Level 21: Healthy Mind

Powers:
    Level 1: Reaper's Touch
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
    Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Thunderbolt Lunge (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 14: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 17: Thunderclap
    Level 20: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 26: Unbreakable (Better You Than Me)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)
    Level 35: Ninja Vanish

Specializations:
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Aggression (2/2)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Overpower (3/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Any suggestions, opinions, etc. are welcome :)
    edited February 2014
    Basically yeah, having strength just gives knock resistance as well as not much of a hit to overall damage.

Duels is basically dependant on who you verse. Melee is fairly viable and almost certainly if you make a UR build, however using UR just makes the build become "a UR build". You've used RE, I personally haven't really experimented with it although neiuso who posted earlier in this thread has used it for ages so he may be able to give some advice on it maybe. I wouldn't suggest getting 3 AD's just get the two. If you get a stun I suggest you rank it up, also brute strike may be a better option here as a stun or bolas as a ranged hold. Almost certainly I suggest you get warden as a melee because of the AOE resistance (20% flat resistance). CERTAINLY get Juggernaut, it's very overpowered in the strength tree when using CON secondary. (Better You Than Me) advantage on unbreakable isn't great, I'd suggest other options for those 2 points.

Here are a few duels against Lucidity on my melee build - http://youtu.be/UlygFC_WsqI

I use rising knee and demolish and in this one I'm using ego sleep and mesh. I currently am instead using a lunge and brute strike to be more themed. However I am also currently using no heals and 5k hp so don't copy my build I'm using on live on this toon. The build I am using the duel works pretty well though and may show you what I mean about LOS.

Edit: Oh also if you are using a bleed based build it is SO much easier to build bleeds with ranged attacks than a combo attack. For example using chains.
    edited February 2014
    Made some changes:

Super Stats:

Talents:

Powers:
    Level 1: Reaper's Touch
    Level 1: Thunderbolt Lunge (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Vile Lariat (Kyoketsu Shoge)
    Level 14: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 17: Brute Strike (Rank 2, Concussion)
    Level 20: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 26: Unbreakable
    Level 32: Ascension (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:

Specializations:
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)

After the video, now I understood this LOS thing, thanks.
    edited February 2014
    Slowly but surely, the build gets more and more flavor... if I check back in a week, are you gonna be posting your cool new idea for a defiance/mind break/er build? u3u
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Slowly but surely, the build gets more and more flavor... if I check back in a week, are you gonna be posting your cool new idea for a defiance/mind break/er build? u3u

You're wrong and you know it.

In what way is changing to brute strike more flavour? I told him he could change UR if he wants which is the "flavour" and stuff.

Too be honest with you there are a few ways you can go with a melee build. Warden + vindicator is a great choice in specs however let me give you a few other options you could pick. (will make you MUCH squishier however but if you like to be different like foxi here ;D )

Brawler / arbiter / overseer with vindicator all can work on melee builds. Overseer gives a nice resistance debuff on trapped after you root someone. Brawler puts a nice damage bonus on after you lunge with it's mastery, it also has some resistance debuffs which are nice. Arbiter has damage increases and resistance reduction as well as something to reduce their damage output after stunning them. You could also try using these together like arbiter - brawler or brawler - overseer.

The build you posted there looks pretty solid though in my opinion. I don't know if neiuso would have any advice on that kind of build.
    edited February 2014
    Well, thanks for the help, Imp. I'll see if Neiuso has some more advices to give.
    edited February 2014
    You're wrong and you know it.

In what way is changing to brute strike more flavour?

Yes, if you squint your eyes so you can only see that line of the build, it totally doesn't look fotm! :D

From now on when people try to say Kagamia is fotm, I will tell them that IMP says she's not ^_^
    edited February 2014
    I did a variant build, using HW powers, AoPM and changing the form to build enraged stacks (by knocks):

Super Stats:

Talents:

Powers:
    Level 1: Bludgeon
    Level 1: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Brute Strike (Rank 2, Concussion)
    Level 14: Enrage
    Level 20: Eruption
    Level 23: Annihilate (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Void Shift (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:

Specializations:

The only doubt I have is with the Eruption/Annihilate combo. Still effective?
    I feel that building enraged stacks through bleeding is more effective (due to Reaper's Embrace damage), but i'm not sure.

I'm trying to create a build that is not that FoTM, if I can kill more than be killed, I'll be satisfied.

One more thing: Eruption is really needed if I stun with Void Shift, then stun with Brute Strike, and finally hit with Annihilate?
    If not, I'll pick Ascension instead.
    And yeah, Rebirth again. Can't live without it, haha.
    edited February 2014
    I did a variant build, using HW powers, AoPM and changing the form to build enraged stacks (by knocks):

Super Stats:

Talents:

Powers:
    Level 1: Bludgeon
    Level 1: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Brute Strike (Rank 2, Concussion)
    Level 14: Enrage
    Level 20: Eruption
    Level 23: Annihilate (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Void Shift (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:

Specializations:

The only doubt I have is with the Eruption/Annihilate combo. Still effective?
    I feel that building enraged stacks through bleeding is more effective (due to Reaper's Embrace damage), but i'm not sure.

I'm trying to create a build that is not that FoTM, if I can kill more than be killed, I'll be satisfied.

One more thing: Eruption is really needed if I stun with Void Shift, then stun with Brute Strike, and finally hit with Annihilate?
    If not, I'll pick Ascension instead.
    And yeah, Rebirth again. Can't live without it, haha.

Why are you stunning twice? Biggest flaw with the build, not only can stuns not stack ontop of each other that well but also after they break out they get hold immunity. You want a root for lunge. Also strength primary tree is done in the way you kinda always want to be getting Brutality. Is Rush of Battle from vindicator because you PvE? Otherwise a much better choice would be Modified Gear for these 2 points.

Also if you are going to rank up ego surge I suggest you get Vindicator Mastery to increase the bonus ego surge gives.

So why change to AOPM for? One of the best things AOPM gives that not much else does is amazing energy and amazing heals while still getting a small gain in everything else. However your damage will be a lot worse. I suppose not everyone likes to be squishy but with something like WOTW you'll be able to get some really great burst damage. That's up to you though.
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, ok. My STR tree is like this now:

Strength: Brutality (1/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)

How about Unstoppable? The damage absorption it gives is worth it?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I don't have acess to PTS to test all this stuff. I'm close to hit 40 with my FF, then I'll reset him and start to do some tests on my own.
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, ok. My STR tree is like this now:

Strength: Brutality (1/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)

How about Unstoppable? The damage absorption it gives is worth it?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I don't have acess to PTS to test all this stuff. I'm close to hit 40 with my FF, then I'll reset him and start to do some tests on my own.

Basically overpower is fairly weak in comparison to the other 2. I would just suggest maxing both of them really. Unstoppable is okay, I never really tested how much the absorption gives but I'm sure it does a bit still and it much surely work great with unbreakable just as invulnerability does.

Don't worry about it. :D
    edited February 2014
    Nice, I'll give Unstoppable a try then. Gonna test Annihilate/Eruption as well.
    edited February 2014
    Just read this thread and I agree with Neiuso, PVP with a theme is much more fun. Thinking on this, I made another (yes, another!) build, but this time thinking more about theme (archery) than efficiency:

Name: PVP Archer Build

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)

Talents:
    Level 6: Healthy Mind
    Level 9: Ascetic
    Level 12: Academics
    Level 15: Field Ops Training
    Level 18: Enduring
    Level 21: Brilliant

Powers:
    Level 1: Strafe
    Level 1: Sonic Arrow (Rank 2, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 6: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 14: Concentration
    Level 17: Taser Arrow (Rank 2, Aftershock)
    Level 20: Focused Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Smoke Grenade (Escape Artist)
    Level 26: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 29: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)

Specializations:
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

And, as always, I have some questions :p

1. Sonic Arrow: good stun power?

2. Taser Arrow: the energy loss debuff is worth it?

3. Focused Shot seems to be the Sniper Rifle version for archers. The stun I use will last long enough for me to charge this power?

4. Manipulator increases the duration of stuns?

Open to opinions/suggestions. :)
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2014

3. Focused Shot seems to be the Sniper Rifle version for archers. The stun I use will last long enough for me to charge this power?

1. It's decent against most NPCs and players. For characters with high EGO stat it'll be little more than a momentary interrupt.

2. It's helpful in specific situations against enemies who depend on energy stored up rather than energy regenerated from energy unlocks. In general however, it's kind of negligible. Most people however use energy unlocks on freeforms, as they should, and as a result this is much less effective. What is is good at is throwing people's cycles off. They won't typically understand why they are struggling to keep their energy up, which means they will likely have to alter their tactics after awhile. Taser Arrow and Psychic Tides are both most effectively used against Force Cascade builds and archetypes with poor energy management.

3. Focus shot has the same drawback as Sniper Rifle, you can be easily interrupted with ANY damage. The stun isn't going to be long enough either, typically speaking (it depends though)

4. Yes indeed! Significantly stronger. But its description is wrong.
    edited February 2014
    Just read this thread and I agree with Neiuso, PVP with a theme is much more fun. Thinking on this, I made another (yes, another!) build, but this time thinking more about theme (archery) than efficiency:

And, as always, I have some questions :p

I actually had an archery build on one of my toons for PvP before and I was actually thinking of changing back to it. Archery is a lot of fun, you can charge while running around and it's 100ft. So you can charge up taser arrow with manipulator

Name: PVP Archer Build - imp

Super Stats:
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 6: Healthy Mind
    Level 9: Ascetic
    Level 12: Academics
    Level 15: Field Ops Training
    Level 18: Enduring
    Level 21: Brilliant

Powers:
    Level 1: Strafe
    Level 1: Taser Arrow (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 14: Manipulator
    Level 17: Smoke Grenade (Escape Artist)
    Level 20: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 23: Ascension (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Unbreakable
    Level 32: Straight Shot (Split the Arrow, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 35: Torrent of Arrows (Relentless Recurve)
    Level 38: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)
    Level 35: Ninja Vanish (Rank 2)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Can't Touch This (1/3)
    Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
    Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (2/3)
    Mastery: Avenger Mastery (1/1)

1. All stuns stun for the same amount, problem with this power is it takes a while to charge and doesn't hit a great deal as it is an AOE power. Taser is much better to use as a paralyse so you can stun lock people like in this build. Much better if using manip.

2. The energy debuff is okay, I think the 2 best things I found with this power is that it hits twice and if one crits both crit for avenger mastery. Also it's paralyse which you can charge while moving is really long and hard to break out of when using manip. It also builds manipulator in seconds.

3. The archery version of sniper is like sniper just hits less damage and doesn't have a legacy item to make it worth while. It's probably one of the most borked powers.

4. Stuns don't really have a strength however manipulator will make them last much much longer. Things like sleep and that are all about strength and not so much about time so manip / int primary are two things which will heavily effect them.
    edited February 2014
    Glad to hear that Archery is good, gonna test it soon. Thanks agentnx5 and imp for the help. :D
    edited February 2014
    >.> ....

<.< ...

o.o ....

your build sucks and your face is butts! :O
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    >.> ....

<.< ...

o.o ....