What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lemurian Exocets for players

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Suggestions Box
I like them!
I'd like to fly round in one.
I could totally see heroes repair downed exocets and put them to good use during the cleanup after the invasion.
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    chances010chances010 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't think there would be any around.

They BLOW UP real good :)

But another vehicle choice...eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"Forums are amazing technology. They can take a seemingly normal and
    rational person and make them look like a troll. Short-sighted, misguided, creative effort deprived. Incredible." - Snarlygribbly
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This would be cool!

/signed
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They already said they're gonna do it.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They'd make a great vehicle for if we go down an ancient lava tube, then face off against a Charybdis-inspired creature in a magma pool called the Maw. (both the maw and a "stomach" map exist. You see parts of it reused in the Ellie encounter of Aftershock)
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Really? Where? Was it in the "Making of" Blog?
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Take care, "We are working for it" means different in Cryptics.

When will be my power replacer Costumes unlock come back? They said they are working for it 1 year ago. :(
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013

They haven't given us existing NPC vehicles yet, and I doubt they will in the future.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They haven't given us existing NPC vehicles yet, and I doubt they will in the future.

They said as much in the Ask Cryptic that they aren't going to do any vehicles based on in game or lore vehicles.

Immersion is soooo overrated it seems

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    "We are planning more new and interesting vehicle types for the future, and eventually plan to give players access to many of them so that you have lots of options to choose from if you?d like a vehicle for character."

From the part where they talk about the Exocets.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    "We are planning more new and interesting vehicle types for the future, and eventually plan to give players access to many of them so that you have lots of options to choose from if you?d like a vehicle for character."

So the Exocets may be in the 'many of them' but thats not definate.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So the Exocets may be in the 'many of them' but thats not definate.

19966291291944885291291.jpg

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congratulations, it happened.

But only if you pony up for 105 or 115 Drifter salvage.

*clap clap clap*
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Congratulations, it happened.

But only if you pony up for 105 or 115 Drifter salvage.

*clap clap clap*

Never said I wanted one, lol, I don't have any Lemurian characters :tongue: and I certainly never made any attempt to say that they would somehow not be a part of the lockbox payment system, you'd have to be a fool to think they wouldn't! :biggrin:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm really surprised that this actually happened, before the next time the Lemurian Invasion is on rotation.
    When people asked about how to get Exocets earlier this day, I assumed they just don't know they were NPC-only. I was worng. :redface:

And what surprises me even more is how cheap they are. By Drifter vehicle standards anyway...
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now all they need is that badass looking VTOL that whatshisface had for the Nighthawk event.

Now THAT, I would pay money for. It looked sweet.

Also those ones that were used before in the Carrier mission, before being replaced with the discs.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still, if you were very unlucky you would have to open 50 boxes, which you have to spend a few hours farming to get.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Annoyed that it's drifter store salvage while we have to pay to get that salvage, it would have just been easier to buy direct from the z-store, but i'm glad to see this and when my stipend for being gold has netted me enough drifter salvage i'll have the hard choice of which to get first.
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That doesn't really seem all that specific.

My guess is, they just reused the ship model to make things easier.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2013
    Red exocet with huge green glowing parts and white tiny bits.
    Red with glowing green.
    RedGLOWING Green

Is this game has colorblind designers? @_o
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Red with glowing green.
    RedGLOWING Green

Well that's just the default color scheme.

You can customize the color of your vehicle and...

oh... wait...

nvm.

:redface:

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ninten92 wrote: »
    That doesn't really seem all that specific.

My guess is, they just reused the ship model to make things easier.

My guess is they planned to release them all along. and so they had the vehicles ready to go before the event even started.
    19966291291944885291291.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Red with glowing green.
    RedGLOWING Green

Actually i quite like it and i think red and glowing green is fine and i am not colour blind.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Red with glowing green.
    RedGLOWING Green

complementary-color-wheel.jpg

Not sure if trolling or ignorant of graphic design.

:D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    complementary-color-wheel.jpg

Not sure if trolling or ignorant of graphic design.

:D

Except this time it's more like:

kcgpbo.jpg

No, really, can we have this game not being even more eye-hurting as it is now? :/

It's like every time you're trying to show CO to the someone and it's like one look at the graphics and "no, thanks".
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thing is, for the longest time (and classically in art) that *was* considered complimentary. Technically it's cyan and red, but ask any first year art student what color compliments green and they'll probably fire off "red" without thinking about it.

orphie_front.jpg

Could just be the screen shot, but it looks like a deeper red with a lighter green? That does fit color theory. If it was actually a good idea? lol I don't think so. I'd much rather see it in dark gray and light green.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thing is, for the longest time (and classically in art) that *was* considered complimentary. Technically it's cyan and red, but ask any first year art student what color compliments green and they'll probably fire off "red" without thinking about it.

orphie_front.jpg

Could just be the screen shot, but it looks like a deeper red with a lighter green? That does fit color theory. If it was actually a good idea? lol I don't think so. I'd much rather see it in dark gray and light green.

Now, in this lightning and on this screenshot it DO looks much better (still not my taste but each to their own), I guess only this screenshot from the news page is oversaturated so it looks atrocious there.

Model-wise exocets are still the best vehicular addition to this game right after jet hawks. They do look like a some kind of futuristic comic book vehicle from the silver/bronze age.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Complimentary colors are supposed to make the opposing colors pop out. They can still be used wrong to make the design look completely awful. The green one looks fine, but I think they just got lucky.

Regardless, I want the mod placement of the red one, but want the green one. So no sale.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Model-wise exocets are still the best vehicular addition to this game right after jet hawks. They do look like a some kind of futuristic comic book vehicle from the silver/bronze age.

Looks kinda like a flying BMW Isetta to me. :biggrin:
  • Options
    meldrithpwmeldrithpw Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those of you that missed it, the Orphie is the first vehicle with more than 2 support slots (3). Thanks. we needed that. now we need an exojet with 3 defensive slots to balance the ones currently available.

And i'm still waiting for my flying saucers....sigh.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    meldrithpw wrote: »
    For those of you that missed it, the Orphie is the first vehicle with more than 2 support slots (3). Thanks. we needed that. now we need an exojet with 3 defensive slots to balance the ones currently available.

I'd love flying saucers too. I'm even more keen on a 50's style streamlined silver curved fin rocket. I also think it'd be cool to have the Gadroon and smaller Qular ships already in the game.

Till then the Orphie is enough to keep me pretty happy.

A third Exocet isn't a bad idea. They haven't given us the same design as we fought during the invasion, changing the Orphie's colour to make it distinct and the other has the original colours but different fins and tail so i wonder if that's a deliberate policy to make the heroes vehicles distinct from standard game ones.

I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard for them to come up with a third variation on the design either structurally or in colour.

Hey as it looks like they may have paid attention to this thread and given us the exocets maybe you should put forward what you would like to see a hypothetical third exocet look like?
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meldrithpw wrote: »

Three defense slots on an exocet doesn't make sense - as was mentioned earlier in this thread, "they blow up real good." Exocets are all about being fast and lightweight. However...

There's a Gadroon flying saucer model parked in Canada, another in a garage in Millennium City, and a third used at the end of the Reign of Frogs event. The last one needs 10 barrages from anti-aircraft missile launchers to bring it down. Sounds pretty durable to me.

How about resizing that to normal vehicle size (like the one in the garage), giving it a couple new skins, and releasing two versions with the same (but reversed) slots as the Exocet: 3 Weapon 2 Defense 2 Support and 3 Weapon 3 Defense 1 Support. The base stats would need to be tweaked, but I suspect that's one of the easier parts of designing a new vehicle.
    edited May 2013
    the other has the original colours but different fins and tail

It's the original Lemurian sub found in Lemuria, with a reskin.
    edited May 2013
    It's the original Lemurian sub found in Lemuria, with a reskin.

Is it? I was in Lemuria the other day zapping some of those with my Orphie and i got to encounter another player with the other player Exocet not too long before that outside the UNTIL building and where the player exocets are nearly identical other that the tail tweak and the 3 fins vs 4 and extra triangular extention on the front of the fins the subs seem quite different with different proportions in the body and fins and a host of little detail differences.

I think that the Espadon has been tweaked with traits that are reminiscent of the Lemurian subs but aren't the same model.

Hmm a quick google...

Ok so the Espadon is here in the upper right
    e02159164c7a3d10e176b9f1e1bdaaf81366949461.jpg

While the only pic i could find of the lemurian sub is here ChampionsOnlineLemuriaTrailer.jpg

But even in that small size we can see that the tail is different, the body proportions are different and the spacing and shape of the rotary blades are also different.

So the Espadon is certainly more closely related to the sub of the two exocets but the Espadon and Orphie are closer to each other than they are to the sub.

All excellent designs. If the Exocets weren't quite so expensive i'd get the Espadon as well as the Orphie.