test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptics biggest current mistake

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
From the Q and A
"We?re not currently planning to expand the Nemesis Creator."

This is i think one of the biggest mistakes Cryptic could make. Sure i know there's lots of things people want done, lots of things needing work on.

But the Nemesis creator currently is a mass of glitches and needs an overhaul to work properly.

And i think the Nemesis system is a truly vital, truly unique component of this game.

What other game allows you to make your own arch-enemy?

Being able to make your own arch-enemy is a groundbreaking notion. One of the greatest opportunities for customisation ever.

Few things define a hero more than their arch-enemy. That this game provides that opportunity, that experience is wondrous.

But the creator is glitchy with many people finding pre-made costumes not loading, minions not appearing visually in the creator making it harder to choose.

And the results mission and dialogue wise are fairly limited and could do with expansion.
The suggestions forum has had ideas aplenty for small and large improvements to help make the Nemesis experience more customised or for ideas for new Nemesis missions and Nemesis alerts.

The Nemesis system is i think one of COs greatest possibilities for expansion, and most importantly for making new content that feels personally engaging for the players.

I think its a big mistake for Cryptic to leave the nemesis creator bugged for long and think it should be getting regular updates and expansions not being forgotten about.
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I second this. If they're too lazy to give us the Foundry, at least fix and expand the Nemesis system.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Definitely. I love the nemesis system framework. It has great potential, it is easy to understand when you first experience it on your first character, and it is quite simply the simgle best genre-defining unique mechanic.

But as you say it is glitchy as all get out and needs some help. I think any time spent cleaning it up would b time very well spent.

That said, knowing what I know about game design, I think it is safe to say that the reason they have no plans is that the dev who coded the nemesis system no longer works for cryptic. This was the big reason behind no changes to bases for city of heroes, and it's why there are long lingering issues with duty officers in STO. I strongly suspect that the nemesis code is a it of a mess and no one has the time to reverse engineer it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Isn't that what documentation is f--OH! HAHAHAHAHA! I almost forgot what company I was talking about.
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Absolutely. I hardly play the game itself anymore other then to hang out with friends and make outfits.

If they fixed the nemesis tailor, I'd be running all the nemesis missions over and over again. Such an important part of a Champion given such a pathetic wave of the hand. It's sad really.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But we GET MORE VEHICLES!!!!!
    Vehicles are more cooler than having a nemesis!!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I should be able to give My Nemesis a vehicle...
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In all honesty though the Nemesis system is a pretty great idea and i'm really sad to see the state it's fallen into and how much stuff just doesn't want to work. I would love for this system to get a revamp.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

But what good it do, since vehicles are only usable in outside maps and all nemesis fights happen inside maps. And Nemesis System isn't getting any upgrades...So even in Nemesis System, Vehicles fail.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Creating your own nemesis was supposed to be a huge selling point for this game from the beginnning. It's kind of sad to hear that they're not going to bother with it anymore.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I love the nemesis missions. Some of em have epic boss battles and VOICE ACTING :biggrin: Bunker Buster being my favourite. A darn shame if they won't bother with it anymore. They should atleast fix the bugs in the Nemesis creator. (Invisible minions, not being able to load costumes, etc)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been saying this for years with no response at all from the devs.

As many have said, the Nemesis system has TREMENDOUS potential. However, Cryptic has a long track record of failing to reach for the potential in their games. To be fair, they're hardly the only offenders in this regard.

Some things they could be doing would be really quite simple to do.

They could put them in those little pickup missions you get from rescuing civilians. "I saw a gang of Doombots going in that warehouse..." would become "I saw [Your Nemesis] going in that warehouse...". It would be even cooler if it picked a random nemesis from someone online at that time, so you could end up fighting each other's nemeses.

How about adding them to more of the alerts. How about instead of the same group of Black Diamond, Hummingbird, etc. you were facing a team of your nemeses?

How about letting us customize the appearance of the minions? How about letting us choose existing groups as minions, like Viper or the Purple Gang?

How about giving us SOME customization for our nemeses powers? Sure, there would have to be less freedom than on PC characters, but it could be done.

I could go on an on, and I have in the past. They're not going to bother. I have absolutely no faith in Cryptic anymore.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1108521
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm starting to think we won't be seeing any worthwhile improvements or expansion of existing features until Cryptic does what they did years ago with CoH and sign CO over to another studio.

The chances of that happening is close to zero but still better than the Nemesis system getting looked at again.

It really tweaks my nose that these chintzy little become devices have become far more of a focus than they ever should've been.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013

The Foxbatmobile!
    Available soon in Lockboxes near you! :tongue:
  • Options
    sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Nemesis system is also one of my favorite parts of this game, and the missions are some of the best. The only reason I'd yell "FOUNDRY" over "NEMESIS SYSTEM" is because I'd resort to making my own Nemesis content with the former...
  • Options
    pariahoyamapariahoyama Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is no work planned because there's this misconception that there isn't money to be made off of nemesis content. This is dead wrong. BEHOLD THE MIGHTY MONEY MAKING SCHEME OF NEMS!!!

Charge us for additional Nems
    Why stop at ONE nemi when you could have 2 or 20!!! Nemi slots! Batman fights several opponents. Sure The Joker will always be his "numbah one a guy", but Penguin, Riddler and Two-Face can be charged for! THAT'S ZEN BABY!

Make us pay for customizable Nemi lairs
    No full foundry, but similarly to our hideouts let us buy a lair for our nemi and somewhat customize it. There wouldn't have to be a lot of them...maybe 5...and let us make superficial changes to their command room or throne room. THAT'S ZEN BABY!

Make a paid item to trigger an attack by your Nemesis
    Basically allow the player to pay cash to buy an item that triggers their nemesis and a few minions to attack them! The item is clicked and will trigger an attack at some point in the next 10-30 minutes, but the player doesn't know when in that time frame. Then when they defeat the nemesis and the minions drop either nemesis tokens, a random Questionite box or respec token depending on which KIND of "trigger nemesis attack" item they purchased at the Zen Store. The item would only be triggerable once a day and would automatically leave behind a nemesis clue. If the player buys all 3 types of "trigger nemesis attack" items they trigger a global cooldown. THAT'S ZEN BABY!

I have more...this is just some examples. I bet if there were more money in it then the nems would be higher on the todo list.
    edited March 2013

You do know, you can have multiple nemeses? Or are you suggesting having more than 1 active same time?
    If not. No thanks. It's all ready free.

And we've seen that Cryptic really doesn't want our money.
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IMHO Creating your own Nemesis is one of the best selling points of this game.

They could even monetize this if they updated it.

Gold players get to create custom minions, silver players can buy this ability per character maybe?

Gold players could make "freeform" nemesis... silvers get this with a freeform slot

Just throwing ideas...

Could also make more options such as selecting origin or giving a different path depending on said origin (like deathray mission ideal for science/technology nemesis)
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2013
    I'm starting to think we won't be seeing any worthwhile improvements or expansion of existing features until Cryptic does what they did years ago with CoH and sign CO over to another studio.

The chances of that happening is close to zero but still better than the Nemesis system getting looked at again.

It really tweaks my nose that these chintzy little become devices have become far more of a focus than they ever should've been.

This is also my impression as well. Game desperately needs another developer.
    There is no work planned because there's this misconception that there isn't money to be made off of nemesis content. This is dead wrong. BEHOLD THE MIGHTY MONEY MAKING SCHEME OF NEMS!!!

Why stop at ONE nemi when you could have 2 or 20!!! Nemi slots! Batman fights several opponents. Sure The Joker will always be his "numbah one a guy", but Penguin, Riddler and Two-Face can be charged for! THAT'S ZEN BABY!

No full foundry, but similarly to our hideouts let us buy a lair for our nemi and somewhat customize it. There wouldn't have to be a lot of them...maybe 5...and let us make superficial changes to their command room or throne room. THAT'S ZEN BABY!

Basically allow the player to pay cash to buy an item that triggers their nemesis and a few minions to attack them! The item is clicked and will trigger an attack at some point in the next 10-30 minutes, but the player doesn't know when in that time frame. Then when they defeat the nemesis and the minions drop either nemesis tokens, a random Questionite box or respec token depending on which KIND of "trigger nemesis attack" item they purchased at the Zen Store. The item would only be triggerable once a day and would automatically leave behind a nemesis clue. If the player buys all 3 types of "trigger nemesis attack" items they trigger a global cooldown. THAT'S ZEN BABY!

I have more...this is just some examples. I bet if there were more money in it then the nems would be higher on the todo list.

Those ideas are really good, but won't happen because it would require from Cryptic an additional, meaningful work.
    As it is for now, it's obvious that Cryptic would rather work with philosophy "do as little as possible but charge for it as much as you ca".

Another developing studio, please.
  • Options
    tskalestskales Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That was very irritating reading their response to this.

It's pretty clear that they want this game to fail for some reason, rather than for it to be the success it could and should be.
  • Options
    sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tskales wrote: »
    It's pretty clear that they want this game to fail for some reason, rather than for it to be the success it could and should be.

It would be hilarious if that were the case. "We can't be our own competition, because if CO does well, less people will play STO and NW"
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    'A big 'Yes' to the OP. Nemesis system is nifty, its a damn shame its officially neglected.
    tskales wrote: »

Nope. To Cryptic, it already failed. Now its just a matter of nursing a profit out of what's left.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I mentioned this in a chat yesterday; coming up with new ideas to monetize the Nemesis system is the only way to get them to work on it. You should start a thread for that, have people come up with some ideas.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    'A big 'Yes' to the OP. Nemesis system is nifty, its a damn shame its officially neglected.

Nope. To Cryptic, it already failed. Now its just a matter of nursing a profit out of what's left.

And that's the worst part about it.. because the other games are licenses. Cryptic OWNS the Champions IP. Jack Emmert made a huge deal about owning it and being able to do whatever they wanted, however they wanted. Super heroes, comic books and so on are still huge right now and when the next slew of Marvel movies start hitting the theaters people are gonna want to play something.

Champions should be their flagship title and developed as THE super hero game to beat all super hero games instead of just sitting a pool of pee and blood and wasted potential.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sekimen wrote: »
    It would be hilarious if that were the case. "We can't be our own competition, because if CO does well, less people will play STO and NW"

Wasn't that the reason why Air Guitar emote was removed from Champions? STO devs complained that their work was being put into a game they weren't working on.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wasn't that the reason why Air Guitar emote was removed from Champions? STO devs complained that their work was being put into a game they weren't working on.

I heard it's because we got it for free while they had to pay for it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013

'scuse me... WHAT? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Why... what... why... huh...

So why isn't anyone getting angry over Neverwinter reusing animations?
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    'scuse me... WHAT? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Why... what... why... huh...

So why isn't anyone getting angry over Neverwinter reusing animations?

Because you can get away with certain things in a beta. Testing out the animations on the NW models is something I expect to see and do. However if these emotes carry over through launch I'll be really really upset.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Champions should be their flagship title and developed as THE super hero game to beat all super hero games instead of just sitting a pool of pee and blood and wasted potential.

11877080?size=512x288
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So... what good would it exactly if they actually tended to the Nemesis editor?

The Nemesis system is fundamentally flawed at many more levels, being able to have an Earth nemesis is about the last thing I care about.

Most notably, what do I care about a Nemesis I never see? They need to ditch the insanely long cooldown before finally getting a new Nemesis mission in a game that has Smash alerts (including what is currently the most likely place to actually see you Nemesis, Vibora Bay dockside). Get rid of the ****ing cooldown already, you can level to 40 right now without even getting to Prison Break! (Yes, despite having started the mission chain at the museum at level 25 and running regular missions for variety/to avoid Recruitment Drives where some idiot draws in all the mobs.)

Also, the Nemesis system suffers from the same problems as character building, i.e. that the balance of power sets and archetypes sucks **** (cf. Telepathy, gimped Silver ATs).

Oh, right, Nemesis gear! Can we have some that is actually useful at level 40? (You know, like there was before the atrocity called On Alert.)

The editor? Don't give a damn. The costumes not loading thing has a trivial workaround.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    You do know, you can have multiple nemeses? Or are you suggesting having more than 1 active same time?
    If not. No thanks. It's all ready free.

And we've seen that Cryptic really doesn't want our money.

No I did actually mean multiple active nems. Again you seem to be right. We are practically waving the cash under their nose going "WE WILL PAY FOR THIS" and all we get...is lockboxes.
    edited March 2013
    I mentioned this in a chat yesterday; coming up with new ideas to monetize the Nemesis system is the only way to get them to work on it. You should start a thread for that, have people come up with some ideas.

I think I actually will start a thread on this. See if we can entice some lovin...
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Agreed!
    The Nemesis System is one of my favorite feature in the game, and seeing it being Ingnored makes me really dissapointed! :frown:

I just wish we had a Major Update only for NEMESIS & SIDEKICKS (devices)!
    No Freaking Venicles! Only NEMESIS Features!
    Not Nemesis ON Venicles! ONLY NEMESIS NOW!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    thearkady wrote: »
    So... what good would it exactly if they actually tended to the Nemesis editor?

The Nemesis system is fundamentally flawed at many more levels, being able to have an Earth nemesis is about the last thing I care about.

Most notably, what do I care about a Nemesis I never see? They need to ditch the insanely long cooldown before finally getting a new Nemesis mission in a game that has Smash alerts (including what is currently the most likely place to actually see you Nemesis, Vibora Bay dockside). Get rid of the ****ing cooldown already, you can level to 40 right now without even getting to Prison Break! (Yes, despite having started the mission chain at the museum at level 25 and running regular missions for variety/to avoid Recruitment Drives where some idiot draws in all the mobs.)

Also, the Nemesis system suffers from the same problems as character building, i.e. that the balance of power sets and archetypes sucks **** (cf. Telepathy, gimped Silver ATs).

Oh, right, Nemesis gear! Can we have some that is actually useful at level 40? (You know, like there was before the atrocity called On Alert.)

The editor? Don't give a damn. The costumes not loading thing has a trivial workaround.

Ha. There's always one.

Dude, we're calling for an overall revamp and expansion of the Nemesis system which includes the editor. Or did you not read the thread?
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You know what I'd like?

The f'in Info on Nemeses not to be bugged so someone other than you can read Nem backgrounds.

Because it's hard enough customizing and individualizing a Nemesis with dialog you have almost no control over without removing what little backstory you can add in.

Has info ever worked on Nemeses?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "We'll look into it" = Not going to look into it
    "We'll add it to our list" = No

The only thing i got out of this whole Q&A is "We're just going to do a few more alerts this whole year and cycle some of the old events"

Remember when bloodmoon used to happen every real life full moon?
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Has info ever worked on Nemeses?

It has not.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013

you mean this thread smackwell?

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • Options
    edited March 2013

A very quick skim through some posts didn't reveal anything there about monetizing the nemesis system.

The reason I'm saying to monetize it is because unless it's going to make them more money, like lockboxes, they're not going to bother with it. I was thinking of a thread with ideas on what new features could be implemented to the nemesis system that the players could pay for.

There's not very much stuff Cryptic does anymore that doesn't squeeze a buck or sixty out of the players. They've been uninterested in the Nemesis system since launch. If we all pooled together some ideas for new features for the system that Cryptic could actually make money off of, they'd be more interested in working on it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A very quick skim through some posts didn't reveal anything there about monetizing the nemesis system.

The reason I'm saying to monetize it is because unless it's going to make them more money, like lockboxes, they're not going to bother with it. I was thinking of a thread with ideas on what new features could be implemented to the nemesis system that the players could pay for.

There's not very much stuff Cryptic does anymore that doesn't squeeze a buck or sixty out of the players. They've been uninterested in the Nemesis system since launch. If we all pooled together some ideas for new features for the system that Cryptic could actually make money off of, they'd be more interested in working on it.

>.>

<.<

*checks again*

>.>

<.<

*takes deep breath and talks really really fast*

Nemesis Lockbox.

Rare Drops:
    * unlock Earth or Wind powerset (50% chance of either) + 500 nemesis tokens
    * Customize minions for nemesis + between 150 and 250 nemesis tokens

Uncommon Drops:
    * unlock extra costume slot for your nemesis, which one is used is randomly selected on a per-appearance basis (4 max) + betwenn 150 and 250 nemesis tokens
    * Nemesis mission device unlimited, 4 hour cooldown (triggers random nemesis mission) + between 150 and 250 nemesis tokens
    * Nemesis Backup! Limited. 5 charges, summon your nemesis and compel it to aid you for 20 seconds. + between 150 and 250 nemesis tokens
    * 1 random nemesis action figure

Common Drops:
    All common drops include between 50 and 200 nemesis tokens
    * 1 use nemesis mission token (starts random nemesis mission)
    * Nemesis Token Boost (500 limit) gives +10% nemesis tokens (minimum of 1) until 500 total bonus tokens are awarded.
    * Nemesis Token Boost (250 limit) gives +10% nemesis tokens (minimum of 1) until 250 total bonus tokens are awarded.
    * Nemesis Token Boost (100 limit) gives +10% nemesis tokens (minimum of 1) until 100 total bonus tokens are awarded.
    * Nemesis name change token -- allows you to change your nemesis' name one time

>>Runs and hides<<
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    >.>

<.<

*checks again*

>.>

<.<

*takes deep breath and talks really really fast*

Nemesis Lockbox.

Rare Drops:
    * unlock Earth or Wind powerset (50% chance of either) + 500 nemesis tokens
    * Customize minions for nemesis + between 150 and 250 nemesis tokens

Uncommon Drops:
    * unlock extra costume slot for your nemesis, which one is used is randomly selected on a per-appearance basis (4 max) + betwenn 150 and 250 nemesis tokens
    * Nemesis mission device unlimited, 4 hour cooldown (triggers random nemesis mission) + between 150 and 250 nemesis tokens
    * Nemesis Backup! Limited. 5 charges, summon your nemesis and compel it to aid you for 20 seconds. + between 150 and 250 nemesis tokens
    * 1 random nemesis action figure

Common Drops:
    All common drops include between 50 and 200 nemesis tokens
    * 1 use nemesis mission token (starts random nemesis mission)
    * Nemesis Token Boost (500 limit) gives +10% nemesis tokens (minimum of 1) until 500 total bonus tokens are awarded.y
    * Nemesis Token Boost (250 limit) gives +10% nemesis tokens (minimum of 1) until 250 total bonus tokens are awarded.
    * Nemesis Token Boost (100 limit) gives +10% nemesis tokens (minimum of 1) until 100 total bonus tokens are awarded.
    * Nemesis name change token -- allows you to change your nemesis' name one time

>>Runs and hides<<

Luv it! I want [Nemesis Backup!] Now!
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From the Q and A

This is i think one of the biggest mistakes Cryptic could make. Sure i know there's lots of things people want done, lots of things needing work on.

This is in no way meant to be disparaging, but how long have you been around?

I ask because anyone hanging around Cryptic games knows that Cryptis is very good at releasing new systems and then promptly forgetting they exist. Nemesis, Hideouts, Unity, Etc. Frankly I'm surprised Alerts got their one or two new additions as well as the design a villain winners.

Right now its vehicles, which they are hoping will be CO's version of ships as far as sales leaders go.... I feel this is the wrong way to go about it but what do I know? I only want to buy things that are cool and enhance my character's theme.
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I ask because anyone hanging around Cryptic games knows that Cryptis is very good at releasing new systems and then promptly forgetting they exist. Nemesis, Hideouts, Unity, Etc. Frankly I'm surprised Alerts got their one or two new additions as well as the design a villain winners.

Right now its vehicles, which they are hoping will be CO's version of ships as far as sales leaders go.... I feel this is the wrong way to go about it but what do I know? I only want to buy things that are cool and enhance my character's theme.

I agree, one thing they have failed to see is that if they messed up with some content, they could actually fix it.

For instance, skycommand alert. The alert itself is not bad but it needs tweeks that does not involved heavy development to make it popular. Instead, they just ignore the issues.

I have many times express that they could do some revamping of the current lairs to make a end game version of them by modifying some of the boss fights. That and a queueing system could address content issue for some time.

In conclusion, CO is not taking full advantage of their already existing development
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Maybe a year and a half i think. And i know they have tons of diamonds in the rough they could polish and get to shine i just think that of them all the Nemesis system has the potential to be the crowning glory and frankly a benchmark notion in gaming that other games could and should be emulating.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?