test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reserve Queue for Alerts/Events

hushiforumhushiforum Posts: 27 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Suggestions Box
Recently I've experienced this more than ever before, but this is especially bad on the bigger ones like Gravitar and Lemurian Invasion: people are there for the beginning, but they drop out within moments of the start of the event. And eventually it becomes clear -- usually not until the end -- that there's not enough power to finish it, at least in a timely manner.

Really this could be remedied with a simple system of a reserve queue: allow people who are queued for the event to jump in and participate, even if it is halfway through. Give them full credit for it, whatever items they'd get at the end, maybe even a bonus for only having half or less of the event to do.

I am just really disheartened at being unable to finish things, at least in a timely manner, because of people dropping from the event, even at the start. We should be able to get more players in to take the place of the people who left so that we're assured of being able to complete it. I've even had to leave instances because it would have taken 30 minutes to an hour, and I had to use the toilet, get a drink or food, or do something else that I couldn't do while in the event or alert and because of losing people, I knew it would take an unreasonably long time before I'd get the opportunity.

These things shouldn't take longer than half an hour, and even then it only takes that long usually because of this very thing: losing people. Please consider implementing a reserve queue or something similar, so that we can complete an event in a reasonable amount of time and not be unreasonably penalised for something that wasn't our fault.
Post edited by hushiforum on

Comments

• tripphtripph Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't even need a separate queue.

Window pops up while you're waiting. "Museum Heist - The Gladstone needs more Heroes! Would you like to join this event in progress?"

If you don't click "Yes" within ten seconds, the window closes and goes to the next person queued, leaving you at your original place in the queue.
    _____

I'm still fairly new. If I screwed up again, let me know.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tripph wrote: »
    Don't even need a separate queue.

Window pops up while you're waiting. "Museum Heist - The Gladstone needs more Heroes! Would you like to join this event in progress?"

If you don't click "Yes" within ten seconds, the window closes and goes to the next person queued, leaving you at your original place in the queue.

Or, when you queue up, you check the box that says "Willing to join event in progress", so that the "in progress" option only shows up for people who are interested.
    I'm dealing with the same problems for event alerts like Harmon Labs, halfway through, I find myself facing Warlord alone, and that napalm attack is OP as is. Same could be said for smashes too, but that usually only happens if the group is terrible, or there are leechers amongst them. Maybe if we had a deserter debuff that locks you out of the queue if you drop...
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sounds good. They probably couldn't do it for gravitar, due to the lockout mechanic. Not that it can't be done... I just don't think the current dev team can do it since I don't think they've solved the problem of players who take too long to load in getting stuck in the bubble. Same thing for Warlord.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.