test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hazards of the Web: A flash fic.

verminousbastichverminousbastich Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Fan Base Alpha
Mickland punched in the last of the specs, then hit 'enter'. Soon, new components for Razer's pistols would be 3D printed, and he would get to test the heat tolerances. He spun around in his chair to an opposite monitor and continued his web surfing. Razer was over at the table meticulously loading the pouches on his belt with the necessary tools for tomorrow night's venture into West Side. "Coffee." Mickland said, and the dispenser that sat on his desk distilled a fresh cup of rich, dark brew. He looked back at the 3D printer, and saw they had about an hour to go. Turning back to his monitor, pages continued to load in tabs from the routine he created to find any news stories on he and Razer's exploits. The tabs finished loading, and Mickland started clicking through, one at a time. He stopped at an unfamiliar forum and started reading a post that he routine had brought up.

The deeper he read into the post, the more he recoiled. "Oh..that..oh! That is so...!!" He looked around for his partner "Aw man!! That which has been seen cannot be unseen!!"
Razer sighed "What is it now? Some Mac fanboy dissing Linux again?"
"I wish!! Dude!! Somebody posted something about us!"
"It's the internet, junior, people do that."
"No!! This..." he said gesturing wildly at the screen "This is just....WRONG!"
Razer put the belt down and walked over to Mickland's station. Something was disturbing the young man. Razer's curiosity was piqued. "What is it?" he asked in his monotone, raspy voice.
"It's..." Mickland struggled "SLASHFIC!!!!"
"What?"
"Slashfic!! Stories about you an me....you-an-me'in!!"
"You're kidding."
"Dude...Look at it!! I'm so getting trolled for this if any of my hacker buds find out!!"
"Hmph." Razer uttered as he read on.
Mickland tried to read with him, but suddenly realized Razer was gently messaging his right shoulder. After a moment, Mickland set a new record for a vertical leap from a sitting position. "NOT COOL, MAN!!!!"

In the remainder of his years, one of Razer's greatest regrets was that there wasn't a video recording of the whole thing.