test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetimes: did you get Neverwinter Beta info?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bacardiserrallesbacardiserralles Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Talents is the system I was referring to specifically, in direct comparison to Neverwinter's similar system. (Haven't played in a long while, had no idea what they were called.)

Neverwinter seems to be set up pretty similarly. As you level up you unlock three different sets of abilities, which can be set to Mouse Button 1, 2, Q, E, and R (I think this is the setup), similar to the Healing, Utility, and Elite skills you mention.

But beyond that there's also the class spec. I remember for my Guardian Fighter I had a choice of being either a Tank, a DPS, and something else (stopped reading after DPS :P). If I'm remembering correctly, each of those spec trees had some kind of track that you can put points into that put you further into that class specialization, which seems kind of like the talents system. I could be wrong here though, because I never got high enough level to try it out.

Hmm, now that you mention that - I remember the system struck me as very reminiscent of the CO system after overhaul a year and a half ago (2 years?). Since those times I haven't played much but man I could swear the impression I got was that it was damn near identical.

Then the enchantment system used the same terminology as Fusion in CO.

And then many encounters available on the fly looked (and grouped) just like Alerts.

I mean I swear if not for the slicker looking dressing and less bugs many game systems felt like what we had in Champs with a different name. My impression was that CO development has been pretty much breadcrumbs and leftovers of the "real" development taking place in NVW.
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, now that you mention that - I remember the system struck me as very reminiscent of the CO system after overhaul a year and a half ago (2 years?). Since those times I haven't played much but man I could swear the impression I got was that it was damn near identical.

Then the enchantment system used the same terminology as Fusion in CO.

And then many encounters available on the fly looked (and grouped) just like Alerts.

I mean I swear if not for the slicker looking dressing and less bugs many game systems felt like what we had in Champs with a different name. My impression was that CO development has been pretty much breadcrumbs and leftovers of the "real" development taking place in NVW.

Just to clarify, fusion system is a derivation from reinforcing/enchanting systems that are pretty much a staple in most f2p asian mmos.
    As for alerts, they are basically lobby encounters, also nothing new in fantasy(dragon nest). For CO, it was interesting since it was pretty much new(arguable to CoX's radio missions).

As for the talent systems, again nothing new in fantasy mmos. The only new things I have saw is the preassigned skill interface. I wonder if it has to do with dnd 4th ed rules, hopefully a pnp dnd player might give some light on this subject.