test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old Lairs, Drops and Drop Rates

sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Suggestions Box
1. Take all the lairs in the game that are not considered endgame and create a level 40 version, which unlocks when you cap. Lairs like Moreau's Lab, Viper's Nest and Telio's Tower for example.

2. All sub bosses in level 40 lairs now have a 100% chance to drop a random rank 5 mod. All final bosses in level 40 lairs now have a 100% chance to drop a random rank 6 mod and a 5% chance to drop 1 piece of Legion gear.

I'm not suggesting this replace the new content we've been asking for, but it would definitely increase replay value until we get it. Not to mention endgame gear should be available through content and not a lock box that requires real money. Point is the rewards need to be somewhat attractive to make us want to run the same content over and over again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sinistro1978 on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Legion gear being droppable in game is always a no. However I like the guaranteed mod drop, Silver Rec and a Silver Kit being added as well as costume pieces and AFs being included.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Legion gear being droppable in game is always a no. However I like the guaranteed mod drop, Silver Rec and a Silver Kit being added as well as costume pieces and AFs being included.

Well, Legion gear dropping just seems like the right thing to do. Something about having to pay with real money for the best gear in game just seems wrong. Costumes, devices and toys I get, but gear should be a reward for doing content, not having a bigger wallet. Regardless of adding Legion gear to the loot table or not, the rewards need to be bigger for doing content. It's rather silly that most of the existing content in this game goes to waste because there's no incentive, or very little of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dredrieldredriel Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Legion gear does drop. From tako lockboxes. You don't have to pay to unlock them either, you can grind questionite to get zen or grind gold and buy the keys. Or both. The fact that you can buy zen is now just a way to speed yourself up to your goal. I just finished grinding a little over 3k zen in less than a week, not including how much gold I got during the same time period.

If you'd like to complain about the zen system here's a heads up...don't. As far as I'm concerned there are bigger issues at hand than the company making money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Music based powerset here.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    dredriel wrote: »
    Legion gear does drop. From tako lockboxes. You don't have to pay to unlock them either, you can grind questionite to get zen or grind gold and buy the keys. Or both. The fact that you can buy zen is now just a way to speed yourself up to your goal. I just finished grinding a little over 3k zen in less than a week, not including how much gold I got during the same time period.

If you'd like to complain about the zen system here's a heads up...don't. As far as I'm concerned there are bigger issues at hand than the company making money.

I'm not complaining about the Zen system as a whole, just that gear should be distributed in a more traditional fashion. If there's one thing that should drop from lair bosses it's definitely gear. I get your point about grinding questionite or globals, but both of those can make current content trivial, and in a game with little to no foreseeable content, that isn't a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]