test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Close the Suggestion Box section

cordocacordoca Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Suggestions Box
I dont wanna sound "butt hurt" or "butt mad" but...

Lets face it, CO has been running on a skeleton crew for a while ( a long one now)

We know that of these few Devs we have, none of them is reading this section ...also, even if they were, none of them is capable of implementing any of the good (or even amazing) suggestions thrown around here (yeah yeah, i know some people get excited and post some ludacrois and insane ideas, but some of these are good)...

Most new players dont seem to know or realise the current state of the game...and i find it kinda mean/ borderline cruel to let them think any of their ideas could change or improve the game.

So just close this section until you have a bigger Dev crew or at least someone browsing this place.

Giving people false hopes is kinda pointless
Post edited by cordoca on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This would actually requiere them be reading Suggestion Box.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    COMPLAINS THAT SUGGESTION BOARD IS NEVER READ AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

(meme image)

POSTS ABOUT IT IN THE SUGGESTION BOARD
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    complains That Suggestion Board Is Never Read And Should Be Shut Down

(meme Image)

Posts About It In The Suggestion Board

Lol

#Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    COMPLAINS THAT SUGGESTION BOARD IS NEVER READ AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

(meme image)

POSTS ABOUT IT IN THE SUGGESTION BOARD

/thread.

I'm still laughing.

Also, they haven't closed the pvp, tech support, or game bug forums either, and it's obvious they don't get read as well. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...right.

Now picture the reaction of players if they actually removed the Suggestions Box section.

No, take a moment and really think about that.

You should probably say you weren't seriously suggesting that and instead say this was some sort of passive-aggressive thing... ( which it has been every single time this sort of thread was made in the past ).

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I only wonder why people still write suggestions all the time. I often just want to yell :
    why do you waste your time with that .. you know it will never happen.

Maybe we need just a sticky that says : ask for what ever you want if you like to write
    long stories that nobody reads :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • dredrieldredriel Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    I only wonder why people still write suggestions all the time. I often just want to yell :
    why do you waste your time with that .. you know it will never happen.

Maybe we need just a sticky that says : ask for what ever you want if you like to write
    long stories that nobody reads :tongue:

The Mountain Archetype and power set started of as a suggestion. The reason it finally got noticed was because the community pushed and pushed for it. They didn't lie down and give up like simpering dogs, or tell everyone else they should stop trying. This entire thread is stupid and I now regret reading it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Music based powerset here.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yu mad, brah?

No, he's absolutely right. I think things will get fixed, but I doubt many suggestions aren't left unread, if not all.
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cordoca wrote: »
    I dont wanna sound "butt hurt" or "butt mad" but...

Lets face it, CO has been running on a skeleton crew for a while ( a long one now)

We know that of these few Devs we have, none of them is reading this section ...also, even if they were, none of them is capable of implementing any of the good (or even amazing) suggestions thrown around here (yeah yeah, i know some people get excited and post some ludacrois and insane ideas, but some of these are good)...

Most new players dont seem to know or realise the current state of the game...and i find it kinda mean/ borderline cruel to let them think any of their ideas could change or improve the game.

So just close this section until you have a bigger Dev crew or at least someone browsing this place.

Giving people false hopes is kinda pointless
    Like yourself said:
    the devs are not reading this
    they are unable to implement any of the suggstions
    So your own suggestion about closing the suggestion box is imposible to implement, and the suggestion box will remain open.
    Learn to ask for something possible next time
    :biggrin: :biggrin:
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Or just re-name it to the round folder.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    /not signed

There is no real point in closing the suggestion box. :rolleyes:

The devs did listen to us, back when there were more than two or three. Heck, even the vehicles can trace their roots to this forum!

For my part, I still have many good ideas to post her. But I will save them for a time where there is a chance for them to be at least recognized.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Heck, even the vehicles can trace their roots to this forum!

OK. Suggestion Box NEEDS to be closed. For this reason only.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yu mad, brah?

No, he's absolutely right. I think things will get fixed, but I doubt many suggestions aren't left unread, if not all.

Yeah .. but at that time we had still devs, and we had at least a mini-patch and/or some bugfixes listed every thursday and not just a server restart.

But now .. the only suggestion that i see that will maybe be implemented is the "give us back the grab-bags" .. and if i think back about all the uproar against grab-bags when we first got same, that really makes me sad.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    OK. Suggestion Box NEEDS to be closed. For this reason only.

Oh yeah .. best reason of all to shut it down :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If we closed it, we wouldn't have so many ideas being brainstormed for a superhero MMO.
    Even if they don't apply to Champions Online because of devs having their own plans and visions, or the engine won't support it without a stripdown and rebuild, the ideas need to be said.

It is better for an idea to be said, read, and ignored, than not said at all.
    Because then it is out there. It can germinate. Someone involved in games could look at our suggestion box and go "Well, they can't do it... But maybe I, starting from scratch, could!".

Eventually... We have beautiful flowers of games. With everything we ever envisaged in them.

That is the power of an open suggestion box. It means that the ideas are thrown into a blender of perspectives until they're refined enough to actually be potential mechanics slotted into the machine of your game.

And I'm very optimistic today. I need to take something to make me depressed.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]