What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ITT we kill Mega-D Terminators

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Power Discussion
Hasta la vista baby :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnDeQp9movU

If anyone was curious about its full range of attacks, here it is. Looks like it has everything a normal Mega-D has, but only the Eye Beams are superbuffed.

Now that I've seen all its attacks, I am 100% sure duoing it is possible with an LR tank and any healer build. As long as the tank can stay at 100% dodge indefinitely, the healer should easily keep up with the damage of the eye beams.

Not sure about solo tanking though. It seems very hard to get 100% dodge, close to 90% avoid and still be able to put out enough healing to outheal Eye Beams while getting attacks in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good info! Knocks AND Holds?! Hmmmm....

So what beyond?
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Very nice, but do you have to show the whole world my goodnight chat LOL.

You did kill it alone didn't you? Yes I figured only the eyebeam is the killer, the rest of its attack should be a piece of cake except the hold may disrupt or cause a lapse in dodge.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Very nice, but do you have to show the whole world my goodnight chat LOL.

You did kill it alone didn't you? Yes I figured only the eyebeam is the killer, the rest of its attack should be a piece of cake except the hold may disrupt or cause a lapse in dodge.

I keep forgetting to minimize chat when I record D:

And yes, no one else in there except me
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want in on the fun!

I'll post the same thing I posted on THAT other thread.
    l1ghtstar wrote: »
    Well, I've been testing Light against the Terminators as well.
    I lasted a few seconds, but not long enough to have a window to lay down my Ebon Sigils. I'd need a tank to tag along with me and distract the terminator. I suspect that if I tag along with Wes, Snake, MD, Cryone or any tank up for the challenge, I can help them survive the terminator.

Stacking Ebon Sigils (Mine are at 80% debuff each), Fear/Disorient, Stagger and Fissure from Earth will definetly help out. I emphasize Fissure to be stacked alongside the Stagger and Ebon Sigils. All that will most likely debuff the terminator to tolerable levels.

Unfortunetly, Wes and I are in completely different time zones, and only meet each other during weekends. Is there any other tank that can meet up with me, perhaps around 7 p.m. server time tonight?

I'll be in-game in about an hour or so, if anyone is up for it...
    @Man.of.Light
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mega D Terminator goes down!

http://youtu.be/G1bFhzMkExs (give it an hour or so to load, thanks)
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks to Kali and Light for carrying my totally ghetto cobbled-together LR tank :3
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Congratulations! Great job! How much did the Sigils debuff his damage?

I just tried taking it out solo and managed to last 11 minutes and took it down to less than 50% health (from Thundering Kicks damage, LOL!) Total chaos on my part, just clicking things like crazy -- not even paying attention to the screen at all sometimes. Finally got me when Dodge lapsed.

Tired now, I'll post the video tomorrow.

So Thundering Kicks/EM will work for the 100% Dodge (had 88.5% Avoidance) and I think Fear works but CC does not. I used CON PSS, INT/PRE SS, Sentinel Mastery. The Sentinel Mastery procs helped alot.

EDIT: Nevermind, here it is:

Soloing a MDT
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    selphea wrote: »
    Thanks to Kali and Light for carrying my totally ghetto cobbled-together LR tank :3

Finally got home to watch the video.

So Kali and MoL were spamming iniquity on Selph right? While Selph was using LR plus EM plus thundering kick? for the maintained dodge.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Congratulations! Great job! How much did the Sigils debuff his damage?

I just tried taking it out solo and managed to last 11 minutes and took it down to less than 50% health (from Thundering Kicks damage, LOL!) Total chaos on my part, just clicking things like crazy -- not even paying attention to the screen at all sometimes. Finally got me when Dodge lapsed.

Tired now, I'll post the video tomorrow.

So Thundering Kicks/EM will work for the 100% Dodge (had 88.5% Avoidance) and I think Fear works but CC does not. I used CON PSS, INT/PRE SS, Sentinel Mastery. The Sentinel Mastery procs helped alot.

EDIT: Nevermind, here it is:

Soloing a MDT

Very, very, very nice. I think the AoE knock may have disrupted your EM from activating hence causing the lapse in your dodge.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Finally got home to watch the video.

So Kali and MoL were spamming iniquity on Selph right? While Selph was using LR plus EM plus thundering kick? for the maintained dodge.

Pretty much. Light was also applying damage debuffs like Ebon Sigils. Dropped normal beams from 16k to 13k and crit beams from 32k to 26k. Considering my LR tank was very unoptimized - Primary End (didn't have other mods on her), all R5s, a Dodge mod and Armadillo secs for only 84% Avoidance, that made a big difference.

Of course, it probably didn't help that I decided to place my faith in their healing and went with the Wardicator spec trees for DPS :p.