test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Main build help please!

syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Power Discussion
Hello all,

i am retcon'in my main character in an attempt to make him good for pve and pvp atleast, so ive made a built and wondered if anyone can give their thoughts on and what changes i could make please, it is a fiery tank build with claws as my main single target power.
I want my character to withstand alot and dish it out too.
I'll be using legion gear as well.

PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1321dP17235O070B000B200BB002500J5009K00M50029002B00IG00PB00B100IJ0038002x7v3bMj3T36

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Mountain
Level 6: Quick Recovery
Level 9: Mighty
Level 12: Tireless
Level 15: Agile
Level 18: Enduring
Level 21: Indomitable

Powers:
Level 1: Hawk's Talons
Level 1: Rend and Tear
Level 6: Parry
Level 8: Immolation
Level 11: Conviction
Level 14: Unbreakable
Level 17: Aura of Primal Majesty
Level 20: Pyre
Level 23: Flashfire
Level 26: Enrage
Level 29: Resurgence
Level 32: Viper's Fangs
Level 35: Havoc Stomp
Level 38: Force Geyser

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Power Flight
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Quick Healing (1/3)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (2/3)
Guardian: Make It Count (3/3)
Guardian: Tenacious (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Resolute (3/3)
Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Thanks.

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
Post edited by sypherv on

Comments

• Options
    braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I'm guessing you're using Havoc Stomp to generate Enrage? I'd be more inclined to use Form of the Tempest (works on crits) unless you want Enrage for the size-increase effect...

AoPM is a great power but it's not really as good at protecting than, say, Defiance or Invulnerability or Regeneration or Aura of Radiant with some Dodge gear thrown on. Not to say AoPM isn't perfectly survivable, but it's got no real protection - just increased damage, hit points, etc.

You have no lunge, so getting foes to stand in the Pyre around you may be tricky (of course melee foes will rush to melee you but then you have to wait until they get in range to Pyre it up). A Lunge is REALLY handy for melee characters, and many of your attacks seem to be melee oriented.

With all the fire powers, I'd be tempted to get Thermal Reverberation for some energy-return. With CON, STR, and DEX as superstats you may find yourself hurting on the energy front (although AoPM will boost INT, REC and END enough that it may not be that big an issue)
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't really PvP so, my advice for that may or may not be all that helpful. My main dies to anyone with knocks, range, or an actual PvP build so... BUT, I do know how to build a tank.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)

Why STR for the PSS? Because Juggernaut + The Best Defense. High defense from all that Con and high offense from all that defense. You can probably have 50%+ defense and 35%+ offense this way. Also, cheaper DC, more severity, and more HP. Once you get to 385 ish Con, it's not going to do much to help defiance (should you choose that passive) anyway.

Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Mountain
    Level 6: Quick Recovery
    Level 9: Mighty
    Level 12: Tireless
    Level 15: Agile
    Level 18: Enduring
    Level 21: Indomitable

Powers:
    Level 1: Hawk's Talons
    Level 1: Parry (The Elusive Monk)

I don't know if you want elusive monk or not since it hurts your damage, but it's nice for survivablity.

Level 6: Form of the Tempest

Since your main attack isn't a knock, I figured it'd be easier just to use crits for energy and damage increase.

Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Or whatever heal you want. BCR + RR is nice too.

Level 11: Vicious Cyclone (Rank 2, Vortex Technique, Challenging Strikes)

This power will let you suck enemies into your firepits of death. You can color it to make it look like fiery chains. You can also use this with something like sonic device to stun everyone around you. Like in PvP. Or something.

Level 14: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)

You can do a full charge for the Rush buff and it does high spike damage for more agro. Because you're a tank. That stabbs things.

Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly

Now that I think about it, this isn't going to help you much. Thermal Reverbate may help you more.

Level 20: Masterful Dodge

You should have plenty of defense, so might as well make sure to have a bit more dodge when you need it.

Level 23: Mighty Leap (Crippling Challenge, Nailed to the Ground)

Lunge. Stun. CC. NttG. All in one.

Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Oh **** heal that scales with Con. Which you'll probably have plenty of.

Level 29: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)

I bet you can get almost 100% crit chance with this. On Dragon Claws.

Level 32:
    Level 35:

Put your fire powers here. Or whatever you want, really.

Level 38: Defiance

Defiance gives you energy when things hit you. Which should be all the time. I have no doubt you will probably have high enough Con to make this work very well. Other choices are invuln, regen, AoRP, or whatever. Also, you don't need to rank up defiance.

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Power Flight
    Level 35: Teleportation

Ew. Teleport. I'm only biased because of how annoying it is to travel long distances with it.

Specializations:
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)

You don't have a blast attack, so Make it Count went away. Tenatcious is almost worthless at this point. You'll have so much offense that it probably won't do anything. Retribution gives a (low) chance to heal you (minor as it is). Ruthless is for more crit severity.

Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Retribution (2/2)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)

You can probably do enough damage to tank in hybrid with protector. Another option that works well is Sentinel + Sentinel Master. You need a stun (like thunderclap), but it allows you to heal by clawing things in the face. Even better, it'll heal anyone else who attacks your stun applied target. (You don't actually have to stun the target, just trying to works.)

Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (3/3)

Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009