test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Munition Freeform help

mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Power Discussion
Hello all, sorry for interrupting but I have some questions to ask about Munition powersets. After I got my FFS I mostly look interest in Munition

Okay, so my questions are:

What Super Stats should I choose? First and Second are Ego and Dex, but clueless on the Third one

What passive is better for a range DPS? Lightning Reflex, Quarry or Target Computer
Post edited by mog555 on

Comments

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A suggestion will be Quarry, dex/ego/int.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The build is old, but in general it hasn't changed much and I can do most any content I like and contribute to any event like a boss.

May's Build

Powers-

Attack-

Gunslinger [r1]
    Assault Rifle [R3]
    Submachinegun Burst [R3]
    Gatling Gun [R3]
    Smoke Grenade [R3]

Defensive-

Force Sheild [r2 w/FS]
    Evasive Maneuvers [r1 w/SoM]
    Bountiful Chi Resurgence [r2 w/RR]
    Masterful Dodge [r1]
    Rebirth [r1]

Passive

Quarry [R3]

Other Powers-

Lock and Load [R3]
    Concentration [r1]
    Killer Instinct

Characteristics-

P = Int
    S = Dex and Ego

Talents-

Agile, Brilliant, Indomitable, Coordinated, Academics, Shooter

Specialization Tree-

Intelligence-

Tactician -2
    Preparation- 2
    Enlightened -1
    Tinkering - 2
    Detect Vulnerability -3

Vindicator-

Merciless -3
    Aggressive Stance -2
    Modified gear -2
    Focused Strikes -3

Guardian-

Ruthless- 2
    Fortified Gear -3
    The Best Defense -3
    Focused Strikes -2

Mastery-

Intelligence Mastery

Stats with current gear [w/three stacks of Audacity from Quarry in brackets]

Str- 20
    Dex - 237
    Con - 20
    Int- 292 [381]
    Ego- 140 [230]
    Pre - 20
    Rec - 20
    End - 20

Offense - 315.7 [326.8]
    Crit Chance - 40.3% [46% on single targets w/spec bonuses]
    Crit Severity - 85.6%

Defense - 176.5 [178.8]
    Dodge Chance- 55.7%
    Avoidance- 20% [34.2%]

Reasoning-

May's build is meant to turn single targets into paste and pretty much get away with it. Multiple target situations are taken care of well enough too.

Most of the time she can sit at 70+ feet and use either Gatling gun or Assault rifle as her 'energy builder'. Both of these are ranked up all the way skipping the alternates. Assault Rifle will generally be used tough targets that will take full maintains of the power, over the long haul you do much more damage this way. Gatling skips the fear advantage because you shouldn't have anything live long enough with Rank 3, big single targets that would should be getting a face full of AR instead and probably aren't paying attention to you for long anyway.

Submachinegun is here for crowd of minions and spread out situations, but it's not used hardly at all, unless you get kind of mugged. When you do get mugged, things need to die quickly, so it's ranked all the way up and skips Aggression, most things you'll shot at with it die to quickly for the lack of rank 3 to be made up for with the bleed.

Concentration stacks build very quickly and are easy to maintain, thus it's not ranked.

Lock and load cycles pretty quickly, especially once the shooting starts as Audacity stacks from Quarry improve Int even more.

Force Shield can be popped with a quick tap on the shift and then start shooting. In close mutli-minion situations May's good to go with Submach or Gat.

Masterful Dodge and Bountiful Chi are the 'oh **** button' when used together. That said Mayhem can nearly run Bountiful all the time if you need to, since it will cycle very quickly. Rebirth is really just there for alerts and big bosses, May hardly ever needs it, but, if she does, there it is ^^.

Smoke Grenade and Evasive maneuvers are good aggro preventives or dumps. Evasive gets May out of melee range and adds to her dodge, both mega helpful with this build. But, more importantly with Sleight of Mind, she go invisible and drops her threat. It's the other oh **** button, especially useful if you aren't' alone.

Smoke grenade will often make you totally invisible to a mob or group. It's not all that helpful if you're the only thing for them to fight, but can buy time as they have to move out of the cloud to start attacking you.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • kelbornxkelbornx Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You can take a look at the Munitions build/guide link in my sig. It's basically two separate builds, with parallel powers that can be swapped around as you see fit, depending on theme and personal preference.

An alternative passive + Super Stat set up that I didn't mention there is taking Quarry, with Primary DEX, CON / INT Secondary. You'll get less energy return on Killer Instinct and Concentration, but you'll gain slightly higher crit chance and severity, and more health.

Targeting Computer is okay, but Quarry gives you better defenses. If you're okay with being a glass cannon then go with TC. I like Quarry because it buffs all types of damage (only half damage to non-Physical) so it makes things like Frag Grenade/Rocket (fire damge) and Toxic Nanites or Sonic Device hit harder.
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to really try and sell you on Quarry, with Int Primary and Dex/Ego secondary..

However..

Since MU is my all time favorite powerset, I've tried it with many other passives.

Assuming ranged Dps is your goal [and that's why your in MU right?] Kinetic Manipulation, boosting ranged physical as it does, is frighteningly effective for Munitions. It's defensive component is circumstantial but works most of the time and stuff often fails to live long enough to bother you.

As mentioned above, Targeting Computer works very well, but is especially fragile. You can game the 'lock on' thing by tagging all your mobs and then blocking till it's on.. but that's slow and annoying... it's good for Alerts and bosses as dedicated Dps but.. no not so great.

If you can into get really odd ideas with MU you can try these 'magical' passives..

Aura of Primal Majesty, with a Dex and Ego/Con build could be very rewarding and usable. Especially if you've got a fun theme for it. It'll take some getting used to...

Even weirder.. Pestilence could be fun..

The synergy with poisons is lost on MU but the extra ranged damage [via the DOT] and with a bit of Toxic nanites... It's an odd build and I can't recommend it for a beginner but if you want to try it, use INT primary and the right talents to keep Toxic Nanites up all day long.

[edited for clarity on why Pest can be fun]

In game as @forgemccain
  • kelbornxkelbornx Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With PSS INT you lose out on a huge chunk of Crit Severity that PSS DEX/EGO give. Detect Vulnerability is a very nice specialization, but not worth losing 20+% Crit Severity for. Everything else in the tree is a waste or inferior. With PSS EGO you can take Expose Weakness, which increases the damage your next non-crit after you crit based on your crit severity, and with PSS DEX you can take Expose Weakness for a 10% Resistance Debuff. Either of those plus the large amount of severity > Detect Vulnerability.

As for TC vs KM: a) FF characters have diminishing returns on bonus damage so that's a moot point, b) KM only gives Physical (small) and Ranged Physical (large) resistance while TC gives Resist All (small), and c) TC gives 5% crit chance and 10% crit severity when Locked On. IMO they're both inferior to Quarry, but TC would give a better damage boost than KM because of the crit/severity and their defensive benefits are both pretty bad since TC's needs time to kick in and KM's is situational.

Pestilence is completely worthless for a Munitions build. It only buffs Toxic damage. Sure you can keep up Toxic Nanites all day long, but that only has 112 base dps at R3, vs Two Gun Mojo's 418. AoPM I get, but why you even mentioned this...

Night Warrior would be a much better "honorable mention" than Pestilence... it gives 2/3 the damage and dodge/avoid bonus of Way of the Warrior, but it buffs All Damage, causes you to ignore 10% of your targets damage resistance, and gives you access to Sneak and Shadow Strike (uber burst damage from stealth). Again, because of FF DR, the difference in damage is negligible.
    edited February 2013
    Me thinks kelbornx you're obsessed with crits but if that's your thing, go for it.

I mentioned Pest because it adds a DOT to targets you attack, it's not a leet option but it's fun and can still work. In fact it was something I used pre-On Alert, sadly that toon is gone now, respect to try a hybrid melee/ranged quarry build...

Same with Primal majesty..

They're not optimal by any means.

Kinetic is good since is a nice boost to overall damage, and I think it's as good as my Quarry build in the long haul but I'm not crit obsessed. I was listing things I thought would be fun.

I listed my effective crit numbers for my main, I've gotten better gear since then but I was happy with what I had when I originally wrote that build post.

Night Warrior and MU is probably a kick **** combo, but since I haven't run my toon with that passive much, I didn't mention it.

In game as @forgemccain