test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I suggest giving back what's been taken!

lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestions Box
MELEE damage and or knock damage! I don't want a crit based might build. I want a might build! It's been forever that this set has been gimped. TT, if you read this anytime soon, could you at the very least ask a Dev or two about might in this respect, please.

I don't even touch my might toons anymore and i am getting bored using ranged builds.
I have lost a few good friends since the Alert pass who also used might builds.

Any info on this matter would be nice.

Thank you
Post edited by lovehammer1 on

Comments

• Options
    krogtharrkrogtharr Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes More Damage please!
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You're kidding, right? Why don't you want to crit?

Those might powers are already good. Adding more damage would be overpowered, although I agree the Focus nerf doesn't help, but I haven't seen a might build that couldn't clock a fool, unless you just want to do 30k haymakers. I've already know of a build that does 20k.

I've had a lot of friends who quit after On Alert broke their existing toons. I chose to stick around and see if the new system was better, and I think it is. There are a lot of things from the old system that I like but they aren't around anymore.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I feel like non-crit consistent damage should be viable. The current meta doesn't like builds that attempt it, though. I never thought of might as a critical hit style set. After all, when you throw a wild haymaker, you're not really worried about perfectly placing it to strike just the perfect spot, which to me is what a crit represents.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Then make it viable. Why are your crits too random? Base damage isn't everything. Sometimes other aspects of an attack can add to its effectiveness, like knocking, which everyone seems to hate so much.

There are plenty of things you can do to get all the damage you need, and to wipe the floor with anything that stands in your way.
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I feel like non-crit consistent damage should be viable. The current meta doesn't like builds that attempt it, though. I never thought of might as a critical hit style set. After all, when you throw a wild haymaker, you're not really worried about perfectly placing it to strike just the perfect spot, which to me is what a crit represents.
    ^ This. I just want what was taken. Nothing more, nothing less, just like the title says.

If i want a crit based melee build, then i will make one.
    When i want a DAMAGE based MIGHT build...i used to be able to build one without using crits. You know, a real MIGHT build based on str and knocks. Might is about "BRUTE" strength! Not some ninja strike precisely placed to beat your foe. Crits are perfect for that scenario. Not for a Superman-ish or Hulk-ish build IMHO.

Yes, you can build one of those kinda today, but it's not the same.
    I remember countless hours in the AH trying to get my might builds to do the damage and have that feel of a real might build again right after the pass. And many threads from other concerned might builders followed. "What happened to mights damage"??

Many have moved on. What else can you do right? Doesn't mean i like this current set-up.
    Bring back the knock damage and roughly the 20 plus% based damage of might, please.
    Not asking for something new, just something old and missed.

And as fas as being overpowered? Please...has anybody seen ranged lately?
    Might might have a chance to be in the same arena now.
  • Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think this is more indicative of an underlying problem with the game's focus on critical hits. It's too easy to get severity into the realm of 100% or beyond, and it's too easy to get chance over 25%. The same of course, can be said for dodge/avoidance.
  • Options
    dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe a couple of new Specializations that reduce critical severity (and/or chance) in exchange for increasing non-combo damage and/or increasing knock recovery and/or knock distance would be nice (with corresponding damage boosts for enemies immune to knock.) Heck, I still think the Strength ultimate talent should be able to knock the unknockable with a fully charged KB attack or short-time buff that enables a PC to bypass knock immunity.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only set I've managed to do consistent non-crit damage with is toxic.

I'm signing the hell out of this. Old might was big and loud and smashy and fun. Making it crit based really kills some of the charm. "HULK SMASH! The precise point connecting your angulus mandibulae and your linea obliqua, thereby causing a concussive whiplash effect and stimulating mild brain trauma."

Just really doesn't have the same effect.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    tomaantomaan Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd also like to see shotgun kb tied to enrage again instead of concentration....it just makes sense that the ranged weapon a might build would use is a big clumsy scatter gun.

Just my $.02 of course.