test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another week without a new costume set :-(

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that CO's character customization is one of its strongest aspects. I also think I'm safe in saying that I, who have 9 costume slots per character, aren't even close to the top when it comes to the number of costume slots purchased. I also think it's safe to say that costume sets, which are unlocked account wide and (generally) for both genders, are one of the better things to invest in, in this game.

Having said all that, I think it's really a shame that the devs haven't continued to feed that aspect of the game more regularly. Yeah, we had a few pieces added with the holiday event and 1 piece was given to kick off the Lemurian event, but I would love to get more. I'm already sitting on several month's worth of Stipends and Zen obtained elsewhere, hoping that something *I want* will be added soon.

Hey look - I can accept that lockboxes are raking in the dough for the company, but don't leave the rest of us out in the cold!

Thanks for reading!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh, hell yeah. I could go for more tights, at the least. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its been only a week? Felt more like a year or at least half that... >.>

PS: Prepare for costume set lockboxes if/when the time finally comes.

Hmm hmm! Hmm hmm hmm! Hmm!
    biffsig.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm hmm! Hmm hmm hmm! Hmm!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW58JlwjdNA
    Is it weird that I read that in the same way you'd hear the laugh in this video?
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW58JlwjdNA
    Is it weird that I read that in the same way you'd hear the laugh in this video?

More like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdiJt19PZlY

:P
    biffsig.jpg
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Other than my gold sub i've spent more money on costumes than anything else in this game.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Man, costume sets...

I remember those.

Snark never dies.
  • haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My take? They were going to make more costumes, and put them in gamble boxes. But they were convinced the forum population would have a kitten, so they shelved costume development entirely.

Now, what is wrong with this hypothesis?

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It may come with the instance mission coming next week.

And we got a lot of new AND nice costume pieces during the Christmas event. Even though only 5% of the player base got a chance at it since it started when no one was home to play the game.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I was thinking more along these lines . Left me at a total loss as to what you were implying.
    My main problem with all of the sets is that they're too set-y. Few of them mix and match well.

Harajuku, Pulp, and Street Defender work nice together. You can mix the Western one up a bit. I want more like that.
    twg042370 wrote: »
    My main problem with all of the sets is that they're too set-y. Few of them mix and match well.

Harajuku, Pulp, and Street Defender work nice together. You can mix the Western one up a bit. I want more like that.

I have found that, with a lot of practice and a little imagination, most of them can be mixed up.

I have bought sets that I thought I would rarely use, then little by little discovered many uses for the different pieces.

Come on cryptic, for a game that prides itself on customisation give us more costume sets. And give us them in the Zen store.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do believe one of the directions Cryptic can take this game for a bright future is new content with rare drops being new costume pieces.

Look at Vikorin or Bronze King or Therakiel. Its the main reason people even bother to go in there.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2013
    I have no problems with unique costume pieces being a reward for defeating bosses, as long as it doesn't meant that there will be no new costume sets in Z-Store.

A game where all new costumes are locked behind a grind gate is a game not really worth playing.

As for absence of the new costume sets. Let's remember that game is right now thin on manpower. A brand new costume set requires concept art, which must be accepted and it's not a simple case of doing one or two character sketches. Then it will need 3d modelling, which is quite time consuming, and recently probably the only available 3d modeler is occupied with Kraken, as was before with vehicle models. Then there will be work with texturing such items. Which may be quick or not, depending from costumes.

It doesn't mean that we will be never given any costume sets, but it will be after the Reloaded update.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This would be great for a start........

Costumes_Archer.jpg

Costumes_Bows.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This would be great for a start........

Costumes_Archer.jpg

Costumes_Bows.jpg

^Badly needed for my archer toon Cindy Lovecrit...

Anyway...back to other costume sets...I think when they eventually (or even IF they do) touch telepathy again, I'd want to see a PSI costume set...auras and everything. I WANT MEDUSA'S HAIR !!

So yes more of these please
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have found that, with a lot of practice and a little imagination, most of them can be mixed up.

I've feel a lot of players need a much better imagination before they do this because a lot of them are fugly. But I accept that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and anything is better than yet another devil guy in a trenchcoat.
    Costume whatsit? Oh yeah I think i remember those..hmmm
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!