test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endorphin Rush

wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Power Discussion
1) Can it critically heal?

2) What can I expect from it with Con as a PSS (and Dex as a SSS if it can crit)? Will it be a significant heal at all?

Post edited by wethree1 on

Comments

• cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1: No

2: It's about 100-200ish per tic.

For how easy it is to apply, it's pretty worth it IMO.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No critical hits with it (not influenced by your critical chance or severity at all), but it is a nice little bonus healing. It's better than having R2 or R3 Enrage, in my experience, if CON is your primary superstat.

That said it truly is a tiny heal, if you're taking notable damage it won't be enough. So don't rely on it thinking of it as a "main heal", think of it as a "bonus heal". Make sense?
  • wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep, gotcha! Thanks Cheese and Agent :).

I'm going for "ghetto regen" by trying to stack every passive heal or non-click heal (like Sentinel Aura, and Adrenaline Rush from the Con tree where you get a little heal on crit) that I can. I have Dex and Str as SSS, and plenty of knocks, so I was torn between FoTT and Enrage, and Endorphine Rush was basically the tie breaker. Even if it's not a great heal, it's a heal, so I get energy, damage, AND heal rather than just energy and damage.
  • jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If your looking for "ghetto-regen" have you thought about the 'Fair Game' advantage to Quarry?

Its only health on kill but it was my primary heal on 2 Marksman ATs and works reasonably. Again scales with CON. However, it is a passive so if you have a better choice (or fixed in the case of an Archetype) then obviously its not going to work.
    edited January 2013
    I did not even know about that advantage, Jax, thanks! Might not fit this build, but I have an alt idea that will benefit a lot from that.
  • jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wethree1 wrote: »
    I did not even know about that advantage, Jax, thanks! Might not fit this build, but I have an alt idea that will benefit a lot from that.

I love Quarry for that heal and because it boosts both melee and physical damage. True some people say Rank 3 is better than the heal and it may be but I tend to prefer fire and forget heals.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wethree1 wrote: »
    Yep, gotcha! Thanks Cheese and Agent :).

I'm going for "ghetto regen" by trying to stack every passive heal or non-click heal (like Sentinel Aura, and Adrenaline Rush from the Con tree where you get a little heal on crit) that I can. I have Dex and Str as SSS, and plenty of knocks, so I was torn between FoTT and Enrage, and Endorphine Rush was basically the tie breaker. Even if it's not a great heal, it's a heal, so I get energy, damage, AND heal rather than just energy and damage.

If that is the case have you tried [URL="http://www.champions-online-
    wiki.com/wiki/Nanobot_Swarm"]Nanobot Swarm with Advantage[/URL]?

It is a nice passive heal which you might be able to squeeze into your build
    edited January 2013
    WHOA! That's a hefty heal that won't reset my Active Defenses! How did I never hear about that power!

Hey, if I'm going to have it anyway, what's the key to getting the most out of Endorphin Rush? Just lots of Constitution, or is there another factor?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,164 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    Constitution and number of Rage stacks you have on you.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I could swear I've seen it tick for 450 before... even then, it's like three minutes between each tick...

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,164 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    I think it's 3 seconds...and you have to maintain it somewhat frequently.
  • thekazekamithekazekami Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Constitution and number of Rage stacks you have on you.

According to the wiki, it's based on the stacks of Defiant you have on you.

Anyway, I find that any time I have Enraged and Defiant on the same too I take Endorphin Rush. I still have another heal or two, but it often cuts how often I need to heal.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    According to the wiki, it's based on the stacks of Defiant you have on you.

Then the wiki needs to be changed as that is no longer the case.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited January 2013
    Kenpo is right and the wiki does need to be changed. It's now based on Con and Enraged stacks.

BUT, regardless, what Kazek described is exactly what I'm looking for. I have click heals and an active defense too, but I want to cut down on how much I have to use them with as much passive regen as I can fit within the build that I have. I like to minimize the "clickiness" of my defense whenever I can so I can focus on attacking :). Just more fun for me that way.

The reason I was so interested in Endorphin Rush is that I have Str and Dex as Secondary SS and plenty of knocks, so I was deciding between FotT and Enrage as toggles. But, good as FotT is, if I can get a little ghetto-regen out of Enrage, that tips the scales for me on this build.

Thanks all!
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Then the wiki needs to be changed as that is no longer the case.

The in-game tooltip still displays this inaccuracy as well. "Duration of heal depends on the number of Defiant! stacks on you".
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what's the official word on the bonus healing from gear and mods?
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    The in-game tooltip still displays this inaccuracy as well. "Duration of heal depends on the number of Defiant! stacks on you".

That is hilarious in a sad sad way.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited February 2013
    That is hilarious in a sad sad way.

I know.

I'm a CoH refugee and I'm just getting past the unnecessarily bad learning curve and starting to really like this game, but the longer I'm here the more I get feeling that it's quite possible they might neglect this game to death.

If this game got HALF the quality and quantity of development that CoH had over the last few years, it would be... just an amazing game. And a game that me and other CoHers would happily throw money at.

Honestly, if they miss the opportunity that they have to capture a good percentage of the ex-CoH people who WANT to like this game, that is beyond sad--it's gross mismanagement.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They won't neglect the game to death. That didn't happen when City of Heroes was around as a competitor. There is no reason to expect it will when they have one less competitor. The only threat to this game's continued existence is that some day PW may get tired offering it and for whatever reason nobody else can pick up the game and keep it going.

As such, I think if there is to be any improvement in things, especially in accurate information about the game, it will have to be from the community end.

The community shouldn't have to do it. The information should already be presented accurately in the game. But, sometimes what should be isn't.

For example, in this thread, experienced players have said the explanation of Endorphin rush on the wiki page is incorrect, and should be fixed. Yet, I just checked now, and the explanation is still incorrect.

Action on the wiki by experienced community members, rather than talking about how action should be taken, would have resulted in a correct page.

This would be much more useful to wiki readers and those such as myself new to the game who, until reading this thread, had no idea that the page was inaccurate.

If done on a large scale, the wiki would once again provide useful information and would probably go a long way to easing entry into the game, which should attract more players, which would make for a more robust community and perhaps eventually generate some interest in PW in giving more support and development to CO.
  • variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think that for some reason new user registration has been disabled, as well as anonymous editing. That, or I just can't find it. There's been a couple of times in the last few weeks that I was going to correct something, but apparently I don't have an account (which is weird) and I can't make a new one. (which is annoying).

I'm not sure if there was a rash of trolling or something on the wiki, but I wonder if others haven't had similar experiences.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »

That's one defiant typo.
    Awesome_Face_Batman.png

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.