test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher AGAIN!!

syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
Is there no end to this absolute anarchy that pwe or cryptic are being absolutely not only rude, but ignorant with regards to the launcher issue, again i am forced off the game after i have just spent 30 quid on zen to get some new gear and travel powers, i have spent nearly up in the multiple hundreds on this game, i am sick to the back teeth of this pathetic excuse for a company that cannot address the community regarding the issue, but they don't even resolve the issue after the amount of time they have had.

Are you this thick that you want to lose customers that you're probably too lazy and bone idle to sort any of the games major issues that you clearly don't give a s**t about the community and prefer to lose money all because you can't get a team together and fix the game?!

There is a new game in steam i can't recall what it's called but that was developed by 2 guys, 2 frikkin guys!!

This game has become an absolute joke, well done cryptic pwe, you're ignorance is what will kill this game, i hope it gets shut down before you further upset the rest of us.

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
Post edited by sypherv on

Comments

• d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sypherv wrote: »
    Is there no end to this absolute anarchy that pwe or cryptic are being absolutely not only rude, but ignorant with regards to the launcher issue, again i am forced off the game after i have just spent 30 quid on zen to get some new gear and travel powers, i have spent nearly up in the multiple hundreds on this game, i am sick to the back teeth of this pathetic excuse for a company that cannot address the community regarding the issue, but they don't even resolve the issue after the amount of time they have had.

Are you this thick that you want to lose customers that you're probably too lazy and bone idle to sort any of the games major issues that you clearly don't give a s**t about the community and prefer to lose money all because you can't get a team together and fix the game?!

There is a new game in steam i can't recall what it's called but that was developed by 2 guys, 2 frikkin guys!!

This game has become an absolute joke, well done cryptic pwe, you're ignorance is what will kill this game, i hope it gets shut down before you further upset the rest of us.

Sooooo, your mad and your actually wishing that this game gets shut down????? First of all, im pretty sure that they are aware that there is something wrong with the game, thats pretty obvious. Second of all, its just a game, no need to get mad and start a huge fret about "OH I CANT GET ON, AND BECUASE OF THAT, I WISH THAT IT WOULD SHUT DOWN SO I CAN NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN."
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sooooo, your mad and your actually wishing that this game gets shut down????? First of all, im pretty sure that they are aware that there is something wrong with the game, thats pretty obvious. Second of all, its just a game, no need to get mad and start a huge fret about "OH I CANT GET ON, AND BECUASE OF THAT, I WISH THAT IT WOULD SHUT DOWN SO I CAN NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN."

When you spend as much money as me, then talk to me, but in the mean time, don't give me a lecture about how i shouldn't wish the game get shut down, in my opinion some dedicated company should buy it out and actually do something worth while than let it get stale.

Yes i am angry and that is my right, don't like it, don't comment simple as that, many other players iv'e spoken to feel the same way.

• bloodgambitbloodgambit Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm willing to bet I have spent more money than you on Champions Online :P

They know there's an issue. Every game has issues. Every single MMO ever, has had issues. Connection issues, launcher issues, and they lasted far longer than two days. Losing your head over it doesn't help anyone. I highly doubt they will lose any real customers over it.

@Maekada in-game

Formerly MaekadaFolay on the forums.
  • thunderchild99thunderchild99 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They won't lose me in the long term but this goes on long enough for me to start obessesing about another game like Skyrim for example. maybe a little in the short term.

I tend to game in obessive cycles and right now CO has my interest and what little money I can afford. Before this Skyrim and DCUO were the cycle but CO has knocked DCUO off the list for now. I enjoy it more ( although I like both games) and they're certainly better at getting my money by offering extras I'm actually interested in.
    edited January 2013
    I'm willing to bet I have spent more money than you on Champions Online :P

They know there's an issue. Every game has issues. Every single MMO ever, has had issues. Connection issues, launcher issues, and they lasted far longer than two days. Losing your head over it doesn't help anyone. I highly doubt they will lose any real customers over it.

1) i know they know it's an issue, but 2 community members on a game is not enough to fix this issue, it will take days, so while we pay monthly of ?10 or so, and we lose say 2 - 3 days of time because of these continuous issues then it is a problem for paying customers like myself, so yes losing your head is justifiable.

2) whether you claim to say that you have paid more than me blah blah doesn't mean a thing i have still regardless of amount, have paid for the items in this game and it's monthly sub in the high hundreds, so comparing that is an arrogant elitist move and as such makes you no better than the jerks who "lolpvp me bro" douchebags.

3) i'mk pretty if cryptic are happy to disclose this information but knowing the data protection act they won't release any actual figures in terms of who's actually stopped paying monthly as i am pretty sure about 95% sure that a few people have gone to silver because of this issue.

4) i am a fair guy, if there is an issue and it is addressed i will accept that and move on and wait for it to be resolved, however, has there been any communication? any real release notes? any kind of info regarding this issue and how they plan to fix it or acknowledge the player base besides a 1 time comment by trailturtle in a discussion thread rather than start a thread addressing the community silver and gold members alike and giving us the satisfaction of being informed and up to date with RELEVANT information, ignorance comes at a price.

so while i address these points to you for your own benefit because i feel they are relevant to the topic, i mean no disrespect, i don't like people telling me what i am entitled to or not.

edited January 2013
    They won't lose me in the long term but this goes on long enough for me to start obessesing about another game like Skyrim for example. maybe a little in the short term.

I tend to game in obessive cycles and right now CO has my interest and what little money I can afford. Before this Skyrim and DCUO were the cycle but CO has knocked DCUO off the list for now. I enjoy it more ( although I like both games) and they're certainly better at getting my money by offering extras I'm actually interested in.

My point exactly, infact this is true, CO is on my cycle too because i enjoy this game to pieces, i just dislike the service to gold members and even silver players.

I play DCUO and i do find it a real grind to level, but it is fun and as a silver player there or f2p i find it better that way, although looking at it now, the green lantern powers are looking tastier than my money being used on this game.

edited January 2013
    "When you spend as much money as me, then talk to me, but in the mean time, don't give me a lecture about how i shouldn't wish the game get shut down, in my opinion some dedicated company should buy it out and actually do something worth while than let it get stale."

You're the one who brought it up. I was just answering the challenge. And you're entitled to have your own opinions all you want. This, however, is not a complaint board. It is a board for stating bugs and other technical issues.

And I was merely pointing out that your complaining really does nothing and is unfounded.

@Maekada in-game

edited January 2013
    "When you spend as much money as me, then talk to me, but in the mean time, don't give me a lecture about how i shouldn't wish the game get shut down, in my opinion some dedicated company should buy it out and actually do something worth while than let it get stale."

You're the one who brought it up. I was just answering the challenge. And you're entitled to have your own opinions all you want. This, however, is not a complaint board. It is a board for stating bugs and other technical issues.

And I was merely pointing out that your complaining really does nothing and is unfounded.

Yes i mentioned how much money i spend, i wasn't being arrogant about it either tohugh, yes i know this isn't a complaining board, but how will the devs know how people feel about their project if we all just sat down and ignored it? i feel it is my right to tell the devs how i feel about their product that i am paying for since i should be getting the service i deserve, and as such have stated the bug and the issue to remind them of what the problem is, how i am not happy about it, and how i would like some communication to resolve it.

edited January 2013
    If you wish to state your opinions to Cryptic or PWE, do it through their customer support. You'll get a better response.

@Maekada in-game

edited January 2013
    If you wish to state your opinions to Cryptic or PWE, do it through their customer support. You'll get a better response.

I have but the ticket system failed me twice, once in game and another through their website, i really do wish they could sort this out soon.

• damadlaberdamadlaber Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I played this game on release, and I'm pretty sure these issues were present with the launcher back then. If not I can definitely remember having them before I stopped playing which was ages ago. I agree its absolutely disgraceful that this issue is not resolved.

I came back on silver and was enjoying the game enough to contemplate going gold. The only thing stopping me....The Launcher issue
    edited January 2013
    damadlaber wrote: »
    I played this game on release, and I'm pretty sure these issues were present with the launcher back then. If not I can definitely remember having them before I stopped playing which was ages ago. I agree its absolutely disgraceful that this issue is not resolved.

I came back on silver and was enjoying the game enough to contemplate going gold. The only thing stopping me....The Launcher issue

It's sad that it is not resolved yet, unfortunately players like your self feel this way because of it, i just hope they solve it soon and maybe you might want to give it a go again :)

• castagyrecastagyre Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    damadlaber wrote: »

This is almost exactly my experience.

I was planning on re-subbing after the first of the month but if this keeps up I likely won't bother.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well I have again problem with the luncher ...WTF wtf...
  • mike3072mike3072 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    was on a few hours ago and now i can not connect...it sucks when its such a random issue.
  • katsuenvykatsuenvy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    castagyre wrote: »
    This is almost exactly my experience.

I was planning on re-subbing after the first of the month but if this keeps up I likely won't bother.

I've probably spent around 2000 dollars on the game myself, I enjoy the hell out of it and did since I tried it in beta. This has also made me wonder if I should carry on spending money on it or not. But I think the problem is more a combination of things for me:

1. Gold players aren't getting anything for being gold really, not after a while of subbing at least.

2. There's generally not any new content, if it is then it's in the form of a lockbox, the halloween one was fine and as I thought they were for a one off event, I dropped around 100 dollars on it. Then I found out it was going to be their new scheme of making you pay for things and I just lost a bit of hope.

3. As an roleplayer, I've found that not all people in this game are that friendly, ic or ooc, which makes you want to play the game solo as much as you can to avoid bad players. And of course. Freeforms and some AT's can do this for most if not all the game with the exception of Therakiels etcetera.

4. The launcher. This being the most recent problem for me, although I've had it before, it's also the biggest problem. I've read that it's not only their launcher that does this, but sometimes their ISP doesn't like certain IP's or something strange. My IP changes around twice a month, which is out of my control, it's just how my ISP works, which means I stand the chance of being locked out quite a bit by my calculations.

EDIT: This could be progress for tonight at least! http://gyazo.com/09d1b6049250e1ed8b08be9137581666
  • katsuenvykatsuenvy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sorry to double post, couldn't edit.
    This could be some progress for tonight. http://gyazo.com/09d1b6049250e1ed8b08be9137581666
    edited January 2013
    is a technic-support here ? we have again the problem with the luncher,the serverpatcher is down!!!
  • alpha9kalpha9k Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really don't understand how the launcher is not working. Can anyone explain this to me?
    edited January 2013
  • kinarikairikinarikairi Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well yesterday I got a graphics patch, some animations changed and CO generally looked more like a comic. I was having problems as well before and after, ie chat being off, timing out when I log in, etc. I was one of the people that had launcher errors so I'm not sure if this (delayed?) graphics change had anything to do with it.
    It's not working again, though.
    edited January 2013
    Well yesterday I got a graphics patch, some animations changed and CO generally looked more like a comic. I was having problems as well before and after, ie chat being off, timing out when I log in, etc. I was one of the people that had launcher errors so I'm not sure if this (delayed?) graphics change had anything to do with it.
    It's not working again, though.

Just an FYI this launcher problem is nothing to do specifically with people's computers, this is all on their end, it could take up to 3 weeks for it to be fixed completely, if that's the case, then we should all find something else to play on lol.

edited January 2013
    Just an FYI this launcher problem is nothing to do specifically with people's computers, this is all on their end, it could take up to 3 weeks for it to be fixed completely, if that's the case, then we should all find something else to play on lol.

How do you know this? About the length of time to fix? do you have some secret info? I wish Cryptic would give us some information but they're living up to their name.

Well, there's always Skyrim and DCUO. I'll check in later if I don't get too distracted.

Well its back up for me again. I hope it stays
  • kinarikairikinarikairi Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh I meant maybe certain people were patches behind and that's what was affecting it.
    edited January 2013
    3 weeks for it to be fixed completely

It won't take that long. This problem don't even happen that much.

In fact it is fixed now. I am in the game.
    edited January 2013
    cornivic wrote: »

Same here, in the game. I have gone in and out several times in fact.
  • daslaya2012daslaya2012 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got back in game finally, it worked fine this afternoon, then had launcher problems from 4 till about 8pm EST. Once I am in game, my graphics screw up within 5 minutes. Anyone else experience this problem? Could this still be on their end and not mine? Nothing changed on my end, just seems like its one problem after another for me, I am just trying to get to level 28, lol. Thanks
    edited January 2013
    I had no graphic issues upon getting in.

@Maekada in-game

edited January 2013
    cornivic wrote: »

Yeah i'm back in the game since last night, roughly around 8pm BST.

edited January 2013
    How do you know this? About the length of time to fix? do you have some secret info? I wish Cryptic would give us some information but they're living up to their name.

Well, there's always Skyrim and DCUO. I'll check in later if I don't get too distracted.

Well its back up for me again. I hope it stays

I checked on the forums with a few players giving information out regarding their specs and any changes made to their folders and information.

Specifically asked by TrailTurtle he wanted to know what patch version they have etc so with that i decided to let everyone know that they should not change any of the items in their folders and let them know it's not a problem on their end it's the IP servers or whatever it was, i think the games servers were down to a mess up in certain patches not being coherent.

I did notice a few changes in game, since the game updated, i can finally see the items i pick up i.e the cars and using telekinesis is fixed as it shows the item being picked up and thrown to the enemy which is hilariously funny.

Hope this info helps.

edited January 2013
    .............:mad:
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's start from rare to Uncommon now for me...............

I got the No respond Function today, I will see if it fix tonight...................
    edited February 2013
    mog555 wrote: »
    It's start from rare to Uncommon now for me...............

I got the No respond Function today, I will see if it fix tonight...................

It's winding me the f**k up today i swear pwe cryptic should get their heads out their asses and sort this mess out im fed up of being signed out, crashing and this nonsense!!

• superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :mad: I do not get it... I have the patcher error. Is there a way to solve this?
    By the way I play on Steam.

EDIT: solved trying like 10+ times to launch the game. eventually it worked.

• malinarimalinari Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Alright, first off people need to stop climbing up onto their soap boxes when someone is exasperated. This issue has caused many of us quite a lot of stress.

Unless you've got some actually useful input, please refrain from posting. Its a pain in the **** to have to scroll through multiple pages of trivial conversation just to find out that there's still no solution.

I've been having this same issue on and off for weeks now, where the launcher just doesn't execute properly. The problem obviously came about with one of the latest patch releases and the dev's ought to be looking into it before releasing more data.