test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issue (communication would be nice)

syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
Hey guys,

Maybe im just angry but wouldn't it be nice if the devs or any of the staff would give us some feedback once in a while?
The reason why i say this is because we all know the likelihood of this situation ever being resolved is a mere 4% since the devs lack of commitment and acknowledgement is at a critical low point.

I mean this is no way to run a game, we could be here for weeks trying to resolve this issue, when plenty of the player base went up and petitioned to get a kickstarter up for the foundry.

This is why many people either leave or take a long absence of time off.
This is no longer a laughing matter, there are people who have paid lifetime subs, normal subs, and silver players who have spent a fair amount of money keeping this game afloat, yet we have COH who for no reason at all except the fact that nexxon did not want it in their market, fail to stay live.

All we ask is a bit of communication and respect, whether we pay or not it does not make a difference, we acknowledge you and we tell you the bugs you ask all of us to report in, now is the time you did us a favor and fix this game, the launcher should be your main priority and i couldn't care less for neverwinter.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread detailing ALL the major bugs in the game from powers and missions, to the very small ones of typos.

I don't mean to keep on, i just think this should of been said a long time ago, either the devs are being lazy, or we got a big update that's taken them over a year to do.

I personally hope for the latter.

EDIT: the only actual communication i have seen was from TrailTurtle
http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=45794&page=113

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
Post edited by sypherv on

Comments

• Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Uh are you having a launcher issue cause if you are you seem to have forgotten to mention it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Uh are you having a launcher issue cause if you are you seem to have forgotten to mention it.

I mention the situation but not the launcher issue per se, since it's in the title, i think i can safely say it is an overall obvious thing to point out plus it is kind of a rant at the devs for not being communicative :smile:

• Options
    cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how long u wait sypherv
  • Options
    taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sypherv wrote: »
    I mention the situation but not the launcher issue per se, since it's in the title, i think i can safely say it is an overall obvious thing to point out plus it is kind of a rant at the devs for not being communicative :smile:

Ah i see you edited with a link to the problem thread. good to see that there aware of the issue and its getting looked at. i would guess tho no every one in that thread i having the same issue.
  • Options
    boycarino2010boycarino2010 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is quite frustrating, I admit. Been trying to log in for seven hours. Some concrete communication would be nice. A buried forum post by a mod isn't exactly an announcement. Is there any data on who can and can't log in? South Texas here and I can't. Obviously. Is there a workaround?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This is quite frustrating, I admit. Been trying to log in for seven hours. Some concrete communication would be nice. A buried forum post by a mod isn't exactly an announcement. Is there any data on who can and can't log in? South Texas here and I can't. Obviously. Is there a workaround?

From what i can gather engineers are at work resolving the issue, unfortunately no ETA :(

• Options
    edited January 2013
    how long u wait sypherv

12hours :(

• Options
    edited January 2013
    The game is back online for most people, it's working for me, please let me know of some issues and i'll be happy to help :)

EDIT: GAME STILL BROKEN, WONT LOAD ANYMORE :(

SypherV

• Options
    thunderchild99thunderchild99 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same here I got on for a while and got off . Now I can't get back on again. Very frustrating since the red note is gone now.
  • Options
    grimcatnipgrimcatnip Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yea the launcher is broken. If I'm lucky I can get in. Or the launcher is just an empty white page. And then the chat doesn't work at all. I can't see anything in the chat box. Just seems like the game is over all broken right now. >.>
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Same here I got on for a while and got off . Now I can't get back on again. Very frustrating since the red note is gone now.

Update the patch (takes a while) then try, going to have a look now seems fine so far.

• Options
    wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This game is my last chance to wear a cape and tights since CoH shut down (DCUO is just--too awful), and I'm finally getting past the bafflingly bad learning curve and starting to really enjoy it.

But I'm really starting to worry that they are going to neglect this game to death. Maybe I'm spoiled because the community had a great rapport and relationship with the dev team on CoH, but this isn't just "not as good"--it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    wethree1 wrote: »
    This game is my last chance to wear a cape and tights since CoH shut down (DCUO is just--too awful), and I'm finally getting past the bafflingly bad learning curve and starting to really enjoy it.

But I'm really starting to worry that they are going to neglect this game to death. Maybe I'm spoiled because the community had a great rapport and relationship with the dev team on CoH, but this isn't just "not as good"--it's ridiculous.

This^^

Exactly my point, the fact that they have neglected it to the point of near no return status just shows they dont give a monkeys about the community.

I play DCUO and while it isn't the best superhero mmo or anything like champs, it will undoubtedly be my new home soon.

I'm sick to death of giving champs chance after chance when they do nothing to surprise us.
    COH was my home for 6 years and iv'e never ever seen such a committed dev team in all my life, even with 80 staff on board, they delivered high end content for all players and new sets and grew bigger and bigger evolving to the point that NCSoft just couldn't take it.

I think it;s time i hung up my boots and just stopped from now on, i cant log so they are not having my money bunch of bastards.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    grimcatnip wrote: »
    Yea the launcher is broken. If I'm lucky I can get in. Or the launcher is just an empty white page. And then the chat doesn't work at all. I can't see anything in the chat box. Just seems like the game is over all broken right now. >.>

Exact same thing for me. I really really prefer this to DCUo but thr above game almost never has any issues. if i can't play it obviously I won't. I was getting new stuff as my budget allows but now I don't know. Lots more maintanance than other games and now this issue. I hope they don't think its resolved.
  • Options
    deganjideganji Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting the same problem, a nice white screen on the launcher.

I did find if you let it sit, eventually a bunch of popup boxes that scripts were having errors will show up, I kept clicking to let them run and a couple of input boxes will appear. Still a totally white screen otherwise. I entered my info and just below was an invisible button I could hit. It went on to the patch and play page after a short wait then.

The game launched and was stuck at "connecting to login sever" for a bit. Then It dumped me back to the password screen, and allowed me to login fine. Can play but my chat doesn't work.

Don't know if that helps anyone.

Also wanted to say this is my first day back to the game in a few years, really not impressed that this connection problem has lasted all day. I know connection problems happen and I've seen them happen in other MMOs, but having it last from early morning to well into prime time, it really looks bad.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    deganji wrote: »
    I'm getting the same problem, a nice white screen on the launcher.

I did find if you let it sit, eventually a bunch of popup boxes that scripts were having errors will show up, I kept clicking to let them run and a couple of input boxes will appear. Still a totally white screen otherwise. I entered my info and just below was an invisible button I could hit. It went on to the patch and play page after a short wait then.

The game launched and was stuck at "connecting to login sever" for a bit. Then It dumped me back to the password screen, and allowed me to login fine. Can play but my chat doesn't work.

Don't know if that helps anyone.

Also wanted to say this is my first day back to the game in a few years, really not impressed that this connection problem has lasted all day. I know connection problems happen and I've seen them happen in other MMOs, but having it last from early morning to well into prime time, it really looks bad.

Welcome back to the game sir, sorry to have you back here at this time while the mess is still a mess, hope you find your feet here again, and hopefully this will all just be a distant memory by tommorow.

• Options
    coseleoscoseleos Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tries to connect, will not, and I get,

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support."
  • Options
    knazzirknazzir Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What's really sad is that Cryptic/PWE don't seem to care about this game. I saw one tweet yesterday about the launcher issues from the Champions account...I've seen multiple tweets today, and one or two yesterday, about the launcher issue from the STO account. I don't even play STO anymore but I still follow their account because of stuff like this.

I often wonder if Cryptic/PWE are planning on shutting this game down but they aren't mentioning it because they sure as heck aren't doing anything to help/promote it.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    knazzir wrote: »
    What's really sad is that Cryptic/PWE don't seem to care about this game. I saw one tweet yesterday about the launcher issues from the Champions account...I've seen multiple tweets today, and one or two yesterday, about the launcher issue from the STO account. I don't even play STO anymore but I still follow their account because of stuff like this.

I often wonder if Cryptic/PWE are planning on shutting this game down but they aren't mentioning it because they sure as heck aren't doing anything to help/promote it.

I feel exactly the same way, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if they did shut it down, it's running thin now since a year ago nothing has been added majorly and the promises made by brad stokan have gone dry, they left this game to two community managers to fix it and update it every so often, now that's dedication for you lolz.

• Options
    katsuenvykatsuenvy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I feel exactly the same way, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if they did shut it down, it's running thin now since a year ago nothing has been added majorly and the promises made by brad stokan have gone dry, they left this game to two community managers to fix it and update it every so often, now that's dedication for you lolz.

From what I heard, when PWE bought out Cryptic, they only really wanted STO but Cryptic said that it was a package deal and they made them keep CO up as long as it turned a certain percentage of profit. However with all these problems, it's probably not going to last that much longer, I have a feeling it may be gone by around September - December this year. Sadly that will be the end of a lot of gaming since I am losing the will to play games when this is happening, it's too much about money now.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well , if that happens hell will freeze over before I or my family of anyone I can influence touches STO, frankly.
  • Options
    z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Check my internet connection. That's rich. I reset it every day to ensure my stuff works nicely. Contact Tech Support if issue still persists. It's persisting but if it can't be answered here...then why the hell would I bother submitting a ticket?

As much as I love this game is as much as I am starting to hate it. Things are getting fixed and they are more focused on NWO and so we suffer.

IF CHAMPIONS ONLINE close down, you can bet your sweet dollar that I will not be wasting anymore more money on any game that is branded by PWE. Not that this will make a difference...

So yeah...I can't get in game. -_-
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    katsuenvy wrote: »
    From what I heard, when PWE bought out Cryptic, they only really wanted STO but Cryptic said that it was a package deal and they made them keep CO up as long as it turned a certain percentage of profit. However with all these problems, it's probably not going to last that much longer, I have a feeling it may be gone by around September - December this year. Sadly that will be the end of a lot of gaming since I am losing the will to play games when this is happening, it's too much about money now.

This is true, and further more, i urge you to give DCUO or marvel online (when it arrives ) a chance, the reason why is like you said about STO and co being a package deal, well cryptic bought the rights to champions, so they can manipulate it any way they want, and, THEY DON'T ANSWER TO ANYONE.

Now look at STO, they have to answer to someone as star trek is a massive franchise owned by a much bigger company, so the updates and game will continue.

With marvel online and DCUO, they are the biggest names in comic book history with movies and books to support the profits, gazillion and Sony (the guys who make the games) have to answer to their respective owners, you will never see anything ridiculously added into the game unless its by the companies themselves, and even marvel have their own story writer for them game who worked on the comics, so your best bet is them.

I do feel this game will go by September maybe even November, there's no way we can stop it if it does, but getting yourself in games like ones i have mentioned will secure you a better future, i know they are not the best, or like COH or CO but its all we got.

• Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well , if that happens hell will freeze over before I or my family of anyone I can influence touches STO, frankly.

Do you take the Monopoly pieces from them when you can't win too? Sheesh.
    edited January 2013
    i urge you to give DCUO or marvel online (when it arrives ) a chance

Hell no...

I've tried DCUO. I hated just about everything about it save the graphics and the amount of content...

Marvel won't even let you create your own characters, you have to play existing Marvel ones...

If CO goes down, I'm done with superhero mmos and Cryptic as a whole...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lokikin wrote: »
    Hell no...

I've tried DCUO. I hated just about everything about it save the graphics and the amount of content...

Marvel won't even let you create your own characters, you have to play existing Marvel ones...

If CO goes down, I'm done with superhero mmos and Cryptic as a whole...

That's entirely your choice but some may feel differently, i play all kinds of kinds, i look past the cant's and can't do's and just go with the flow.

• Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is true, and further more, i urge you to give DCUO or marvel online (when it arrives ) a chance, the reason why is like you said about STO and co being a package deal, well cryptic bought the rights to champions, so they can manipulate it any way they want, and, THEY DON'T ANSWER TO ANYONE.

Now look at STO, they have to answer to someone as star trek is a massive franchise owned by a much bigger company, so the updates and game will continue.

With marvel online and DCUO, they are the biggest names in comic book history with movies and books to support the profits, gazillion and Sony (the guys who make the games) have to answer to their respective owners, you will never see anything ridiculously added into the game unless its by the companies themselves, and even marvel have their own story writer for them game who worked on the comics, so your best bet is them.

I do feel this game will go by September maybe even November, there's no way we can stop it if it does, but getting yourself in games like ones i have mentioned will secure you a better future, i know they are not the best, or like COH or CO but its all we got.

Someone that advertises other games for free? Do you know how much they pay (SOE and Marvel) to have printed on some magazines the same words?
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a bad feeling with PWE for a while about CO, if CO get shut down then I'm done with it. There is no other game with customize freedom than this, even PWI is boring with all the grinding.

It's like focus on one thing and left the other part behind
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been having the "No Response" error too.
    This seem to happen every server maintenance since this is what I experienced before. I wonder if there's some connection...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter