test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Custom Alerts. Any updates in the future?

superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Missions and Content
I like Alerts. They are an easy way to play team content without need for a pre-assembled group. However, I feel Custom Alerts, which should feel "special" are lacking. The Silver Champions recognition is a nice touch and makes them more palatable.

The Red Winter Alert is MIA, right? Is it broken beyond repair? Please fix it!!!

The Hi-Pan alert is very good, thankfully we have it still. However the cutscene is ALWAYS broken. Please fix it!!!

GRAB the money and run... many people hate it for the Knocks, but I like the map, the fact that we can face several supervillains at once and that it requires some teamwork. However it has broken rewards from the from the start, only 800 resources? Ok it has the costume drops, but the resources are diappointing. Please fix it!!!

Green Snake Red Dragon does not need any fix, but it feels the most pointless of the four. It does not have any special drops (am I right?), has no special mechanics, and the final boss is trivial. Please spice it up :)

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to improve them?

Post edited by superalfgorn on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For Grab the Money and Rub, simply replace most enemies' shotgun blast with a SMG burst, and replace most of their grenade attacks with sonic grenades, (existed as a power replacer pre-On Alert).

I wasn't aware that Red Winter was broken.

For Red Snake, Green Dragon, simply have Greed Dragon drop a Questionite box.

For the Hi-Pan Alert - yes! Please fix the cutscene(s).

For Harmon Labs - make it abundantly clear that there is a lock-out mechanic for the boss fight, shorten up the duration of Warlord's burn patches, and get rid of the requirement of someone to equip the power armor device - also add a popup stating that it is not necessary to use said device. I'd also replace most of the enemies w/ knock attacks w/ SMG bursts, etc. Heck, it would make sense for some of Warlord's Shadow Army to use miniguns and rocket launchers, (sans the knockback adv). It'd also be cool to give some of them pulse beam rifle.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh right I forgot Harmon Labs! The flow of that mission is a bit confusing.

You are right that in general it seems Alerts are a bit heavy handed with Knockbacks. And in general giving the creeps more varied attacks makes for a more entertaining experience. In this regard the massive brawl with Ninjas in GreenSnRedDr is rather fun.

By the way yesterday GreenSnakeRedDragon dropped the usual 862 resources... is this broken as well?

• bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh right I forgot Harmon Labs! The flow of that mission is a bit confusing.

You are right that in general it seems Alerts are a bit heavy handed with Knockbacks. And in general giving the creeps more varied attacks makes for a more entertaining experience. In this regard the massive brawl with Ninjas in GreenSnRedDr is rather fun.

By the way yesterday GreenSnakeRedDragon dropped the usual 862 resources... is this broken as well?

I don't think that the low resource reward from the special alerts is "broken" inasmuch as it's the special daily mission that comes w/ them, that's supposed to be the source of your reward for doing them - it's just that the rewards are inconsistent, since newer ones like Hi-Pan carry additional rewards, (like his special drop-box).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I don't think that the low resource reward from the special alerts is "broken" inasmuch as it's the special daily mission that comes w/ them, that's supposed to be the source of your reward for doing them - it's just that the rewards are inconsistent, since newer ones like Hi-Pan carry additional rewards, (like his special drop-box).

But Hi-Pan and Warlord are significantly harder bosses to fight in comparison to Green Dragon, GRAB or the Soviet Supervillains (can't remember their names). Perhaps they should beef up (defense, hp and attacks) the other bosses even though there are 4 in grab and 6 in Red Alert. Lengthen the duration if necessary. When the fight is more challenging then the rewards should also be better. Finally, only Red Alert is displaying the different player's contribution to the fight (based on what I am not sure but could be total damage & heals?). All other alerts just gives the default 200 pts for all players in the alert. This at least will show whether players are leeching.