test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OMG, can't believe I missed this!!! Hints to the Lemurian Invasion Mega-Event Boss.

wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I just had a closer look at the window just before we click play to get into the game after logging in to our account. The News roster graphics may have provided a hint as to what the boss in the Lemurian invasion mega-event may look like. Go take a look.

The boss will for one be huge, have a head which looks kind of like a hammerhead shark with 6 eyes (is that what I see???), 4 arms with 2 of them resembling pincers?!?! and a snake-like lower torso which seems to end in a scorpion sting.

ROFL where did you guys (CO) pulled him out from? Failed experiment of a mad scientist? Hahaha, but anyway, BRING IT ON!!!

And WTH is with all those typos in the thread title??? OMG, can't believe I missed this!!!

Correction:
Hints to the Lemurian Invasion mega-event Boss (how do you change the thread title anyway?)
Post edited by wesleytansg on

Comments

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Your typo made me misread it as meagre event.
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, i saw the preview, Makes my hope for Kraken costume pieces, I would love a head like that.:biggrin:
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can change it for you, just let me know what you want to change it to.
    biffsig.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lemurian_Leviathan.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2013
    Looks like the 3 is it.
    @mawexzon

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it...The Kraken! Oh! I bet it's the Kraken!

We need a Zeus toon, quick!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's the boss from Whiteout Oo
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Lemurian_Leviathan.jpg

Where on earth did you get the picture from??!!! OMG!! OMG!!. Picture 3 is exactly it. Ahh so I had mistaken the tentacle to be a scorpion sting.

Anyway, Got chat banned, zzz.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That image was around early last year when they were first showing stuff they were working on.
    edited January 2013
    Why do I have a feeling it will be an alert instance that takes place inside of UNTIL HQ in the water where the plane to Serpent Lantern is situated?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why do I have a feeling it will be an alert instance that takes place inside of UNTIL HQ in the water where the plane to Serpent Lantern is situated?

That seems very plausible, and I bet it'll be somewhat like the dragon from the Hi-Pan alert, (where you don't interact w/ it directly, or where you only interact w/ certain parts of it).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited January 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    That seems very plausible, and I bet it'll be somewhat like the dragon from the Hi-Pan alert, (where you don't interact w/ it directly, or where you only interact w/ certain parts of it).

Oh wait, you replied before I could edit my post because after thinking about it, there will not be enough space for vehicles inside the HQ. Maybe from the HQ, we then dive into the water which leads to the sea right next to MC and that's where the fight will take place. LOL. It will probably be partly submerged in water, flailing its arms, pincers and tentacles with perhaps even a breath weapon or some eye beams from the 6 eyes LOL. I doubt it will move and heroes will just hover around to attack it much like Kigatilik. I hope they do boost the HP and make the alert last longer given the size of that thing and the time spent to come up with it.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Or it could have tentacles wrapped around the Until building and Hawkwing jets circling it! I'm pretty sure that's never been done before!

Yeah, my favorite part of this game is underwater combat.
    edited January 2013
    The main battle will be fought under the waves, deep in the ocean, in Lemuria.
    edited January 2013
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Or it could have tentacles wrapped around the Until building and Hawkwing jets circling it! I'm pretty sure that's never been done before!

Yeah, my favorite part of this game is underwater combat.

Nauseous, pukes, despite the nice graphics and all in Lemuria, the underwater fight always gives me motion sickness.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pirates_des_caraibes_2_35_kraken.jpg
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
    edited January 2013
    I can change it for you, just let me know what you want to change it to.

Please help to change to (the mistakes just irk me):

OMG, can't believe I missed this!!! Hints to the Lemurian Invasion Mega-Event Boss.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Done. And believe me, grammar mistakes, especially in titles, bug the hell out of me. :P
    biffsig.jpg
    edited January 2013
    What a speedy response :biggrin:
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hrm an underwater fight could be vulnerable to "flight" removing shenanigans that are available on ice grenades and psionic surge.

Ever see the falling damage in Lemuria when a shark can't swim anymore?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lemurian_Leviathan.jpg

Eww...that thing looks gross! I'm guessing my telepath won't be joining this one chance battle, she'll be holding onto a building ledge screaming the thoughts of the Kraken out to all the players :tongue:

Mentella: Watch Out! He's going to attack!

Hero 1: Oh really? I couldnt have guessed... >________>

Aand my force char still has no really powderful shields Q_Q...oh well this will be fun xD

I wonder what heroes without flight powers and vehicles will do :o
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kojirohellfire starts an argument:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

006DMC_Mackenzie_Crook_007.jpg

"So, is it pronounced Kraken or Kraken?"
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Okay...

Zak_mckracken.jpg
    edited January 2013
    I wonder what heroes without flight powers and vehicles will do :o

You get a vehicle ready for the seabattle!

Row-boat.png
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An epic under sea battle!
    Heroes will fall!
    The Champions Universe will never be the same!
    Or you can just give it 'tree 'fiddy and hope it goes away!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    Kraken.jpg?format=750w

In color.
    edited January 2013
    O.K., which one of you TSW playin' &#@^% went ahead and flushed a Drauge Puppy in Lemuria? Seriously, you were warned that this #@*^%$ could happen! Invasive Exotic Species are no joke! First we got the Tiger Mussels in the Great Lakes, then Grass Carp all over the Midwest, then the Snakeheads started showing up in the Southeast. Now we have this. Video game cross contamination is nothing to laugh at! I hope your proud of yourselves.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    O.K., which one of you TSW playin' &#@^% went ahead and flushed a Drauge Puppy in Lemuria? Seriously, you were warned that this #@*^%$ could happen! Invasive Exotic Species are no joke! First we got the Tiger Mussels in the Great Lakes, then Grass Carp all over the Midwest, then the Snakeheads started showing up in the Southeast. Now we have this. Video game cross contamination is nothing to laugh at! I hope your proud of yourselves.

Sometimes video game cross contamination is inevitable. Now, if only we'd get some of that well written and thought out, elaborate, tier-based multi-objetive content flushed this way as well...
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • faeya17faeya17 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Kraken.jpg?format=750w

In color.
    *Beholds the Kraken* The Champions can handle this right?.........
    edited January 2013
    Can't be worse than Gravitar.
    Wont call you a *itch and probably will just eat you...or offers Tentacle Grape soda.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, anyone remember that 'leaked' video? Eh? Eh?

Who thinks it's real now?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    somebob wrote: »

Oh gods and goddesses, I hope it's real - the assault actually affecting MC would be awesome.

(It would also provide an ongoing reason for why Westside is such a mess still. It's been a while since the Qularr attack, but parts of the city are still burning. It's not like LA left Watts in ruins for years after the '68 riots...)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    somebob wrote: »

Hmmm... I'm sorry but- What "leaked" video?:confused:
    EDIT: I just searched it, and saw it, pretty interesting, i mean, and actual change to MC after an event, that would be pretty new.
    @mawexzon

edited January 2013
    The Video, who'm ever hast it missed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9iuSCN-mPw
    edited January 2013
    That video can't just be fan-made, if it were fan-made, Cryptic would already have hired whoever made that with such skill.
    @mawexzon

edited January 2013
    matixzon wrote: »
    That video can't just be fan-made, if it were fan-made, Cryptic would already have hired whoever made that with such skill. And immediately transferred them permanently to Neverwinter.

Fixed that for you.
    No charge.

• taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if they'll add a kraken themed costume set to the z store?

what i can hope cant i?
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if they'll add a kraken themed costume set to the z store?

what i can hope cant i?
    I doubt it, Specially since from what we know about the kraken it probably is going to have a completely different character model than players, So i doubt there are costume pieces to reuse in a costume pack.
    @mawexzon

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I doubt it, Specially since from what we know about the kraken it probably is going to have a completely different character model than players, So i doubt there are costume pieces to reuse in a costume pack.

I dunno, I'd kill for a costume piece that's like those hands.

A three fingered hand that doesn't look like its rupturing from the skin...Augh...Sorry, drool.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2013

if it looks like the art they could perhaps use head, shoulders, hands (both sets) if there created as long gloves, maybe a modified skin, and if they were feeling really adventurous a new monsterus legs model (yea i know but a guy can dream
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2013

The concept art gives me the impression it's going to be a reskin of the Whiteout boss: A giant torso with npcs tentacles around it...
    edited January 2013
    The "Kraken" has the Roin'esh shoulders, chest armor, hip piece and the hands with a different skin, but still.
    edited January 2013
    The "Kraken" has the Roin'esh shoulders, chest armor, hip piece and the hands with a different skin, but still.

Different skin, eh?
    @mawexzon

edited January 2013
    Color, pattern, paint, material, the thing it's made of.....

Vanguard_Roinesh.png
    edited January 2013
    I really don't see a lot of things in common between that and the Kraken artwork, except maybe the Roinesh tentacle-thingies in the arms and legs.
    @mawexzon

edited January 2013
    I could make comparision picture, but if you don't see it then you don't.
    edited January 2013
    After seeing again the Kraken pic, I may see some more thing in common, Mainly some shapes, But the texture/material is like completely different, Roin'esh are gooey, the kraken isn't.
    @mawexzon