test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm out too. :(

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Ever since the Nighthawk patch my poor, poor laptop's been getting video driver crashes and lockups that make the game hard, but not impossible to play. I love CO, so I kept on trucking. Kinda got it semi-working with minimal crashes (one or two every hour) so I was decently happy. Ran alerts, farmed for stuff, did costume contests and a bit of roleplaying.

I realized I wasn't enjoying myself and I needed to play something different, something that didn't kill my video drivers off violently every hour and where I wasn't repeating the same stuff every day or every week when I decided to roll a new character. Vehicles added nothing to the game for me, and the sporadic events the game's had were engaging... so long as they were on. I even finally gave Gravitar a few more spins. Kinda alright if you have Triumphant Recoveries and a tolerance for crap.

Overall though, the gameplay experience of Champions Online was getting boring. PvE wasn't fun, PvP wasn't engaging, and there was only so many characters you can make and level before you get tired of that too.

I've canceled my sub, and when I feel like playing I'll see if I can convert my characters to ATs. I'll have to get up some Questionite to eventually pay for a Fist or Master AT for my martial artist, but that's OK.

To the community: You guys are fantastic. Absolutely awesome. The PvP 'crowd', the RPers, the PvE crowd, all of you are wonderful. PvPers, keep your chins up: you'll get your good stuff sooner or later. RPers: keep creating wonderful stories and amazing characters. PvErs: Good luck with your costume piece farming and keep on going.

To Cryptic: C'mon, you guys. This game is your - best - one of the two MMORPGs you've got! Neverwinter Online is going to have NOTHING on Champions... in my opinion. I know you guys disagree with me, but that's just how I feel. There isn't enough room for another Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG in my eyes. Ditch the vehicles. They're not worth it. Work more on Foundry and other good content bits. Also, costume packs, travel powers, powersets and all that good stuff. Focus on these, these are what MAKE CO. Please, give CO the love it deserves.

See ya around, people.

ps. make more archers

pps. no you can't have my stuff
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• Options
    xienthxienth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish you the best of with whatever you choose to pursue, we shall do what we have ever done. That is to simply strive to keep the lights on.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good luck, and God speed, and so sorry to loose you.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Take care, Keiko, and thanks. It was great playing with you.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pps. no you can't have my stuff

Before I went on my current hiatus, I tried to give away my stuff. It turned out I didn't have anything everyone else couldn't get after playing to cap.

STO has more for you to give away, but less worth paying for in the C-Store. I wonder if NWO will be a quitters paradise and have a balance between the two?
    edited January 2013
    Can I have--
    keikomyst wrote: »
    no you can't have my stuff

DAMNIT!!! lol

Hope we'll see you back once they start making some explorable content.

:smile:

PS: You realize Perfect World has control over the funding yes? Cryptic employees get very little say over what they get to do in the big picture...

I feel the same as you about Neverwinter. I have doubts they'll ever be able to even come close to the original NWN. Or even the NWN 2. And yes I own both of those and all of their expansion packs (I'm agentx5 on the Bioware forums).

The way they are managing Champions Online doesn't bode well for Neverwinter...

So be forwarned, D&D fantasy SciFi fans have VERY high expectations for a MMO. They will expect you to make another WoW or Everquest. Or even another Knight Online. Everlasting, endless ability to grind, reliable & regular explorable content packs. Their tolerance for BS is much lower than what you've come to expect from the Champions or STO communities. We'll look like saints in comparison. MARK MY WORDS!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Before I went on my current hiatus, I tried to give away my stuff. It turned out I didn't have anything everyone else couldn't get after playing to cap.

STO has more for you to give away, but less worth paying for in the C-Store. I wonder if NWO will be a quitters paradise and have a balance between the two?

Don't forget that anything worth giving away is bind-on-equip, bound-to-account or bind-on-pickup. :S

I'll still try to be around the CO forums and the CORP forums, by the way! I might just be lurking about around here to catch up with development (if there's suddenly a geyser of stuff to do I'll be running right back, I promise!)

And yes, I realize PWE is effectively holding Cryptic with a tight leash. I just thought it'd be tacky to address them as "Cryptic/PWE"
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :( Hope to see you around Keik.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awww I'm sad to see you go gal, but just remember Overwatch will always have a place for you. Until next time!
    tumblr_os83d5SraI1spm248o1_540.jpg
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm out too.

OUT OF THINGS TO DO IN THIS GAME!

B0XvNHr.jpg

Take care Vixy. Sometimes a break is needed when you're burned out.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:frown:
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Take care. Can I have...*reads pps*...well nuts.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    May the long time sun shine on you.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Keiko. :(

• Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To Cryptic: C'mon, you guys. This game is your - best - one of the two MMORPGs you've got! Neverwinter Online is going to have NOTHING on Champions... in my opinion. I know you guys disagree with me, but that's just how I feel. There isn't enough room for another Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG in my eyes. *snip*

IMO there is--but only if the game is true to the D&D experience (like the original NWN was), and that includes being true to the system, which NWO isn't. When I think D&D MMO I want something that somewhat resembles the D&D experience but on a fully digital medium where you don't necessarily rely on an active DM or other players to experience the game. Kinda like the original NWN did--which granted, wasn't technically a MMO, but the PW's were close enough (all that was missing was a jump button/feature).

But NWO will not be like that. From what I've read NWO (apparentely) will merely be "inspired" by D&D but with bloated damage figures or other MMO affectations to appeal to the masses. So its just another fantasy MMO in a sea of fantasy MMOs, not a "true" D&D MMO. And we don't need another fantasy MMO, but we could use a D&D simulator. The only thing that will set it appart is the Foundry (and likely an overwhelming about of lockboxes with exclusive content locked within them :rolleyes:).
    [...] There isn't enough room for another Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG in my eyes. [...]

Hah, why wouldn't they want to dive into an over-over-over*-saturated market where most folks are allready struggling to stay afloat instead of focusing on the market they hold half a monopoly over where players are screaming "shut up and take my money"?

* -over-over-over-over-over

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Hah, why wouldn't they want to dive into an over-over-over*-saturated market where most folks are allready struggling to stay afloat instead of focusing on the market they hold half a monopoly over where players are screaming "shut up and take my money"?

* -over-over-over-over-over

2ebxpv9.jpg

Mmmmmmhmmmmmm.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2ebxpv9.jpg

Mmmmmmhmmmmmm.

New forum avatar acquired. Thank you keiko.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If its not 3D6 then its not D&D.

But I did like DDO for the three levels I could play it.