test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blog host for guides

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
I have been wanting to do a series of CO guides for a while now, because quite a few existing guides like StockyAnn's DPS chart and the powerset summaries are outdated.

Thing is, part of the reason they're outdated is because of the forum migration that changed the OPs of the original posts to Archive Post, which prevents people from updating, so I kind of want to host them somewhere else.

Soo... what would be a good host for this? Blogspot? Wordpress? Something else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    selphea wrote: »
    I have been wanting to do a series of CO guides for a while now, because quite a few existing guides like StockyAnn's DPS chart and the powerset summaries are outdated.

Thing is, part of the reason they're outdated is because of the forum migration that changed the OPs of the original posts to Archive Post, which prevents people from updating, so I kind of want to host them somewhere else.

Soo... what would be a good host for this? Blogspot? Wordpress? Something else?

Both blogspot and wordpress are good. But personally, I've always thought the wiki would be nice. Some one could go to the behemoth and find a few guides. Or the section on the tank role and some freeform tank builds with the differences between a dodge tank and a resist tank and a self-healing tank all spelled out.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It depends on what you want to do. If you want it to be more of a fansite with your CO content / guides / whatever, go WordPress / MediaWiki / CMS. If you just want to have guides up somewhere, post them here and keep a backup elsewhere. There is also the option of using the NPW Forums which also has a section for guides.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What I had in mind was a place to dump a lot of random stuff like Exploit Opening vs Sixth Sense calculations. Probably needs more features than a forum too, like Table support for DPS charts and the ability to do Youtube frames for videos, and maaaybe the ability to add Javascript in posts for simple damage bonus% calculators if I get the time to do them.

I suppose for that kind of content I should go with Wordpress?