test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multi-Stage Alerts

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestions Box
The premise is this: You start out with a conventional villain confrontation, like a Dockside Dustup, but it then branches from there based upon whether your team wins or loses the initial confrontation. If your team wins, an even more powerful villain comes onto the scene and/or the initial villain triggers some sort of artifact/device to empower them. If you lose, the villain escapes and you must pursue them.

In short, it would be 2 linked Alerts, where the second is dependent upon the outcome of the first.

Here's an example:

1. Initial Alert has you fighting Medusa. Your team defeats her, and now Psimon bursts onto the scene to save her. He has his PSI soldiers spirit her away, and you must now fight him.

2. You start fighting Medusa as before. Your team doesn't defeat her, and now she continues on her way to steal a powerful artifact from the museum that you were in front of.

Part of my idea is that if you lose the initial alert, you get a second chance that isn't timed. If you win, you face a harder opponent, (but for bigger rewards).

This would work best for villain groups that have multiple bosses that can be found in alerts, such as:

Viper:
Viper-X
Draconis
Ripper
Freon

PSI:
Psimon
Medusa
Mind Slayer

As an alternative, you could use dialog to explain why a different boss may appear. For instance, let's say you're fighting Black Fang. He gets defeated, but Bludhound shows up, saying something like "Now I'll show you what a real monster can do!"
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I love this idea. There's a lot of potential here.

/signed
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is a great idea, like the game itself... a lot of potential.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm loving the idea of PSI!!

But there could be a few issues with it...I mean Medusa and MindSlayer arent the best of friends especially when it comes to Psimon cause they both luv him xD...

Maybe...you defeat Psimon and then Medusa AND Mind Slayer turn up!:eek::eek:

Either way I love it, anything with moar PSI is a good thing :3

/signed everywhere
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sounds too much like actual content.

/unsigned

Keep that content away from rotating alerts.

Now if it were a comic series on the other hand..
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They sort'a did this for Red Winter's alert, so it is possible.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bwdares wrote: »
    They sort'a did this for Red Winter's alert, so it is possible.

Well, the Red Winter Special Alert *only* has the winning condition for the initial part. If you don't defeat all 3 bosses in time, it's over.

Regardless, I was thinking that this could take advantage of the fact that Alerts are pretty popular, (at least, more popular than regular missions).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This way we could have a Brains Trust Alert!

And Alerts with more plot!

If we could have a few randomised elements (such as a few random dialogue parts and maybe a few visually different but technically identical locations and npcs) to make even the same alert more varied so it feels less repetitious that would be even better!

/signed
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?