test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give 11k Questionite and Nemesis Utilities Cost Discount and Cooldown Reduction

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestions Box
The Offense pieces give Offense, the Defense pieces give extra Defense, but the Utility pieces don't give the stats they're supposed to give - cooldown reduction and cost discount. As it is they're not bad, but the utilities really feel like dead weight if not for the set bonus.

If they gave a scaling bonus that ended at 67 cost discount/cooldown reduction on the Primaries and 33 cost discount/cooldown reduction at level 40, it would be in line with the bonuses that the other gear slots get, and would make these items a lot easier to build around.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    selphea wrote: »
    The Offense pieces give Offense, the Defense pieces give extra Defense, but the Utility pieces don't give the stats they're supposed to give - cooldown reduction and cost discount. As it is they're not bad, but the utilities really feel like dead weight if not for the set bonus.

If they gave a scaling bonus that ended at 67 cost discount/cooldown reduction on the Primaries and 33 cost discount/cooldown reduction at level 40, it would be in line with the bonuses that the other gear slots get, and would make these items a lot easier to build around.

I dunno... someone's gotta buy all that pre40 gear on the auction house... you make the nemmy stuff too good then you tank that market completely. Then again I derive some sort of weird joy out of visiting the auction every few levels while leveling up...

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    33 and 67 are actually less than the numbers that green level 40 gear gets (I think greens get 36 and 73), so the AH stuff is still better for energy management, or HP or crit or similar stats for that matter.

The funny thing is I'd probably prefer AH gear if only there was level-appropriate gear on the AH, but there seems to be a drought of them because most people level by Smashes nowadays. And at level 40 I kind of want more variety than than the usual purple drops and 150k Q secs.