test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crit Severity rating....

forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Power Discussion
Takes me a while to notice these things but I began to contrast Ego/Dex/something builds with Dex/something/something builds.
The Ego/Dex build will give greater crit probability Sixth Sense working better than Combat training however I could seldom get better than 99% severity with an Ego/Dex/something build. A Dex/something/something build would always have better than 100% crit severity rating.

(Unless you use AOPM and I really ought to get an AOPM toon one day).

Eventually I noticed Dex Mastery gives 10 Crit Severity Rating which is a number I don't entirely understand.

My available data goes like this...
Crit Severity total = 112%
Base = 50%
Deadly Aim = 20% not that good but I need to stack my secs a little better.
Merciless = 15%
Ruthless = 10%
Dex Master gives 10 Crit Severity rating
Ergo 10 Crit Severity Rating = 17% Crit Severity

Does Crit Severity rating change in any way for any reason? Is 1 Crit Severity rating definitely = 1.7% at all times?

Just curious..
Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
Post edited by forrksakesexco on

Comments

• pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It does, it's just that given the systems in place (gear, mods and specs) we often push so far into diminishing returns that it's not so obvious.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As far as I know anything listed as "rating" is subject to potentially severe diminishing returns.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I tested Dex Mastery along with Severity Glove plus a Rank 5 Severity Core.

Yes, there are massive DR in this stat. After you get Dex Mastery, Severity Glove and Rank 5 Core added a measly 3-4% more severity.

The good news is if you do not have Dex Mastery, the 4.1 point of crit sev in the glove added like I think 10-12% severity from that alone. The Glove and Core added about 15%.
  • ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think what the OP is saying is that he "expected" to see DR with Crit Severity, but isn't.

I think he expected to see less than 1:1 ratio on rating:%.

I checked a few toons of mine and tallied up all the Crit Severity specs. Everyone of my toons got more than 10% off DEX's Mastery of 10 Crit Severity rating. Most were in the range of 12-15%, but a couple had 16-17% bonus from that mastery alone.

So I guess the correct response is: :confused:

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This has been instructive...
    In particular the diminishing returns thing, ATM I have an R5 End on the toon (which uses Sword Cyclone) and I was humming and hawing about replacing this with some more Str or Con. It would seem that even if I did this I would not gain a great deal of benefit. More Crit Severity from Deadly Aim would = less from 10 Crit Severity rating.
    It does seem a bit ironic that as far as trees go Dex is better for Severity and Ego is better for Probability.

Thankyou for your contributions.

I'm gonna have to re-check Combat Training coz the tool tip is applied to your initial Offence which without stuff like Best Defence is rather low. Still plenty of other 40s to look at.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."