test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Finally Leaving CO, it took 3 years...but id like to tell you why>

honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Snake Wildlife here...im' finally calling it quits, enough is enough...its embarassing logging in.

My soul is free

So as one of the die-hards clinging onto hope...how has it come to this?
Well here goes the steps of doom:

Step 1: You took our money and didnt invest it back into the game.

You DID put it into STO (must have been well over 1million $ considering Co's fantastic Launch income), and very likely you put STO's cash boom into Neverwinter.

Step 2: Screw you subscribers.
You did everything imaginable to screw over subscribers. Freeform slots, 1 month of gold unlocking all expansions and more benefits, and more...
Nobody ####in' cares about a big-nose title associated with subscribe-time.

Step 3: Lack of content.
The first year of CO was very promising, but after Resistance..you blew it. Again this is a whole other topic...or 50 of them rather...

Step 4: You VOIDED over 80% of the current games content.
Alerts ruined the content provided, as barely a handful of people now actually are playing the content. The remaining <20% is content which contains costume pieces or a rare drop. Aka; is meaningful.

Step 5: Knowing your own game
You guys didnt, you keep adding stupid ### to the game that causes severe imbalances, which if you guys played your own game you'de know this and not release such stupid things. Im running around with 6x Pheremones... another toon with Infinite Psionic Accelerator capability..and i could have gone for x5 Necrulls Elixir for Godmode (YET ANOTHER godmode mechanic with the right combinations in CO...) You guys clearly have no idea what youre doing, i know that I could do this job better than you.

Step 6: Infinite Money foul-up
The only economy on CO right now is from false Global.
This is what happens when you dont Test anything and release it, and also, this is what happens when you DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE ON TEST SERVER OR THE COMMUNITY.
Most of the money floating around on CO even now is false because of an old exploit, hundreds of thousands of globals still floating around on people...you messed up bigtime here. Todays Broken economy and high prices are people simply trading with THAT global, exchanging it for goods.

Step 7: The difficulty
Its a insult to peoples ability to play this game, you can find more on this topic here:
http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=197191

Step 8: You're ignorant to the community.

You arent reading more than 1% of these threads, and youre replying to less than that. You havent responded to over 1 million tickets, infact at the beginning of the 2nd Year of CO, you erased a backlog of over half a million tickets/complaints without responding.
Tickets themselves have a extremely low chance of being responded to unless its to do with Billing or the Zstore....how greedy.

Step 9: You hired Tyshen
Of all the people you could have had here (like Smackwell for a good example!) do a decent job...you brought in what appeared to be one of your girlfriends who had a fetish for banning people for fun, who had no clue what this game even was. I remember when i was forum banned for apparently making Real Life Threats...which was BS, and everyone here knows that. My points might have been extreme or even incorrect (which at the time was exploits that YOU IGNORED AGAIN AND AGAIN, i have video footage), but the ban was absolutely f#### up. Many people were banned and removed on false terms, including Falchoin; argueably most dedicated test-server reporter in CO...wow.

Step 10: You wiped your Calander blank.
Might aswell have added "We Quit" on there too. Because since then, you've been MIA.

Step 11: The real life cost for Vehicles and Rank 8>9 Catalysts etc....are out of this world.
It has been calculated on test server that on average it takes approximately $80 (80 real life US dollars) to get the salvage to buy the best vehicle...that is freakin insane...and wrong. The catalysts..they speak for themselves. The vehicles of which are far weaker than most characters.

Step 12: You are giving a Gambling Machine to Children without any supervision or +18 warning.
THIS....IS.....WRONG. Im pretty sure this is also very very illegal...
You should always recieve the same amount of drifter salvage from the bags, not between 1 and 10...youre throwing children into a pit of Poker sharks in Las Vegas, and then shaking the kid upside down for anything else he has if he has spent everything and couldnt make it to his vehicle

Step 13: Bugs from launch, reported to you en-masse are still there.
I dont think i need to write a huge list here, some of you guys here from launch pretty much know yourselves. You only fix what 'you have to' so the servers dont crash. Didnt help the fact you left Lemuria a LAG-HELL zone for over 5 months in the late portions of the first year, and ignored all reports and topics for a loooooong time.

Step 14: You bailed from your own events because you werent having fun.
Suuuurely this should have made you guys wake up to the problems of the game (if you bothered to play it). One example: I remember when Tyshen hosted a PvP event, she lasted 3 minutes before quitting and cancelling the event.
Any real employee would have examined what was the cause of things, taken notes and gone to the right person to discuss changes to better suit the game, but no...you did what the rest of the CO staff did to this whole game and its community, RAGE QUIT when the rest of us here who would like to help you, are being very very VERY patient with you...well my patience has ran out, and i dunno how long other people are going to last.

That about wraps up my MAIN concerns...theres a lot more but it just aint worth bringing up.

Well ladies and gentleman, only thing i can really add to this is that Secret World has gone subscription free (after purchase of the game). Im already having a lot more fun...its harder, and the shear amount of content is mind blowing.

See you on there if youre moving on. I dont know how you guys can still hang around here, but if your plan is to stay on CO...i wish you all the best in finding the next best thing for yourselves, adios!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year aswell to all those i dont get to see again! You deserve better than this.

Fun times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRqnlg7bThI Unleashed Rage BOOM! (including the famous 1527762 Critical hit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQMNgnF2dU Infinite Psionic Accellerator Madness
Post edited by honestresearcher on

Comments

• Options
    tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Will you come back once we get the foundry?
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    See ya laters Snake... I'll probably end up there myself eventually hehe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    Will you come back once we get the foundry?

I dont think this game will make it that far.

I might have a mess around with for 5 minutes it IF its out, but yeah, im completey gone.
    See ya laters Snake... I'll probably end up there myself eventually hehe.

Me, kro, kali, steve, loj, A LOT of us oldies have moved over there bud, you should pop on vent and come check this out man its pretty awesome. Free trial too, you've got nothin to lose :)

Mix CO with L4D2 and add a lot more diversity in powers and you get Secret World.
  • Options
    tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're going to miss the Xmas event!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You're going to miss the Xmas event!

Im not killing Clarence for the 10,000th time :D

Nor going to talk about the insane price of those 3 Become devices people already have a tonne of from last year and year before selling for super cheap in the AH..
    Ahem...yeah.

Check the AH before Cryptic/SW rips you off ppl ;3
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wish you the best. I am trying to be more optimistic but I have found the last months experience to be very disappointing. There is no excuse for the lack of attention and communication. I might try SW while PWE decide to push significant content into this game.
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're leaving AGAIN??

What a shame. See you next month!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    helbjorn wrote: »
    You're leaving AGAIN??

What a shame. See you next month!

I apparently left a 1st time?...
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've been "there" since the last few months of beta, and if you're looking for challenging content (both in terms of action, as well as puzzle-solving madness) "there" is the place to be (my main "there" is 'Bray "Nightmoon" Crescentstar'). It has fabulous story and atmosphere, with ongoing development and devs that are active on the forums and passionate about their product. I plan on coming back here once in a while for old times sake to get my superhero fix, but plan on playing mostly "there" for now, particularly for the coming Dec 21, 2012 event (since their setting is particularly appropriate for the conspiracy theories surrownding that date).
    Can i have your stuff?
    Not that i need it since the game playing has gone close to zero, but it's allways polite to ask.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Adios, muchacho.

Hopefully, the grass actually IS greener on the other side.

In b4 Nepht. :tongue:

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bye! Enjoy playing minecraft and commissioning art!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Now the question is, how gone are you... are you gone gone... or are you "gone, but will still post on the forums multiple times daily" gone...

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    haleakala wrote: »
    Adios, muchacho.

Hopefully, the grass actually IS greener on the other side.

In b4 Nepht. :tongue:

Nah, its darker... grittier, and covered in Filth all over.
    Nah, its darker... grittier, and covered in Filth all over.

Are you referring to the controls?
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well.... bye.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pion01 wrote: »

You controller... fascist. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    Now the question is, how gone are you... are you gone gone... or are you "gone, but will still post on the forums multiple times daily" gone...
    Probably the latter - seems to be a lot of that going around.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With most of the PTS veterans gone, who will now post bugs that need addressing!? So that cryptic may fix those bu-BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!....Man I couldnt say that with a straight face.:biggrin:

Farewell CO veteran. When things get better, hope you return.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Nope, the grass :tongue:
    You controller... fascist. :P

Hah! No, not even. Don't get me wrong, if ever a game needed gamepad support it's that one, but even with the KB+M the controls were assome.

Camera was garbage, turning while running was painfully slow (it was faster to stop, face the direction you wanted to go, then go), selecting things in the UI was very inaccurate, response was just not very good and equipping was extremely awkward, and that's the stuff off the top of my head that I noticed in the week that I played.
    Nope, the grass :tongue:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew......
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Hah! No, not even. Don't get me wrong, if ever a game needed gamepad support it's that one, but even with the KB+M the controls were assome.

Camera was garbage, turning while running was painfully slow (it was faster to stop, face the direction you wanted to go, then go), selecting things in the UI was very inaccurate, response was just not very good and equipping was extremely awkward, and that's the stuff off the top of my head that I noticed in the week that I played.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew......

Yeah I feel ya, the controls in that game are pretty blah. I just started playing it, not sure if I'll make it a week. I mean, come on, I stepped right into a zombie game? Has this not been done to death already (no pun)?

Game would have impressed me more if it didn't feel like I'm playing through The Walking Dead.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »

After this topic, probably gone, not even posting on forums.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Edit for your sake, Snake.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can't take much of this seriously.

When I see complaints about:
    • Tiyshen's moderation and event handling.
    • The devs not playing their own game.
    • Claiming to be able to do a better job than the devs.
    • Alerts ruining the game.
    • The in game economy being ruined. (we had an economy?)
    • Lemuria being a lag fest when that was fixed quite some time ago.

It just paints a picture of complaining for the sake of complaining, regardless of how much I may agree with certain other complaints.

Regardless, I highly doubt we've seen the last of this one.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I can't take much of this seriously.

When I see complaints about:
    • Tiyshen's moderation and event handling.
      Back then, I don't think I was nearly as involved in the forum community as I was right now (HAha) but what I do remember was that the prize for winning one of her contests was an action figure of her - which could not be traded or anything. I mean, I guess they like want to preserve the "economy's" balance, but on the other hand that's sort of bullsh*t because I had no intention of keeping around an action figure of a questionable moderator. I definitely think she's gotten a bad break in some terms, but on the other hand, she could have done a lot more to really understand how the community and players work. She was a community event coordinator, after all.
    • The devs not playing their own game.
      Well I can't speak for now, but I do remember having a brief chat with some of the devs like Tumerboy and Cliff. They definitely do play their own game to some degree, I can account for this. They've used private game servers to test out all sorts of wacky stuff, like what happens when you make yourself hostile to other players (and then all the trashcans and lampposts become friendly!) Nowadays I just think everyone at Cryptic got moved to develop Neverwinter and all that fancy muck.
    • Claiming to be able to do a better job than the devs.
      Well, snake works at a telemarketing firm for IT people. Yeah, I got nothing.
    • Alerts ruining the game.
      Aside from the whole thing about XP alerts being a stupid way to level up and guarantee you're a horrible level 40 idiot who has no equipment and no idea how to actually play a real raid, if anything, they have greatly served to increase the renewability and vitality of the game. That, or maybe just seeing and playing with other people regularly has a psychological effect like that.
    • The in game economy being ruined. (we had an economy?)
      Nothing to add here.
    • Lemuria being a lag fest when that was fixed quite some time ago.
      It's the most graphically intense zone in the game! That and I don't have a graphics card that can handle underwater screen warping well!

It just paints a picture of complaining for the sake of complaining, regardless of how much I may agree with certain other complaints.

Regardless, I highly doubt we've seen the last of this one.
    sixmillionchars

• Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bluhman wrote: »
    It's the most graphically intense zone in the game!

It is? I get a much bigger hit on MI than anywhere else no matter which card(s) I'm playing on at the time.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bluhman wrote: »
    sixmillionchars

Sir, this is a five million character limit zone. I'm going to have to fine you for that.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hate to say this, but I think I agree with snake's overall sentiment...

This is kind of embarrassing. Did anyone else see the MMO site...thing? We had like 15 votes and we're allowed to vote repeatedly. Thundrax's facebook thing has 23 for all that we claim to want the Foundry.

So.... I guess I'm in Doom mode now... That makes me very sad.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It is? I get a much bigger hit on MI than anywhere else no matter which card(s) I'm playing on at the time.

Being completely unfacetious here; it seems to be the zone where I crash the most/get the most lag. To be fair though it gets this honor from my system by only a small margin, so...

• Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2012

This is kind of embarrassing. Did anyone else see the MMO site...thing? We had like 15 votes and we're allowed to vote repeatedly. Thundrax's facebook thing has 23 for all that we claim to want the Foundry.

Not sure where you are reading this but on mmosite we have around 300-400 votes for each of the category and it is ranked in the top 10-20. These mmosite awards are mainly about the community proactiveness. I suggest you go inside the voting and see which games are topping and you will be surprised.

The facebook thing is kind of new, I just posted there.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't HAVE facebook!

:p
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I was going to vote, but then i felt like I was lying, because this game doesnt deserve it.

OP: You had great points, but i cant agree on your Tiyshen complaints, but that is simply because i never had a bad experience with that Dev.

As I am very sick and tired of where this games seems to be going, I wil always be here mumbling to myself but trying to enjoy the game.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Happy to see another TSW convert, sad to see the game you really *wanted* to stick with failed you, ultimately. Look forward to seeing you there.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't HAVE facebook!

:p

But Facebook has you...
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Unfortunately the Secret World lacks spandex clad superheroes. That is, ultimately, the reason why I chose CO over TSW when NCSoft crashed a meteorite into CoH.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Unfortunately the Secret World lacks spandex clad superheroes. That is, ultimately, the reason why I chose CO over TSW when NCSoft crashed a meteorite into CoH.

Also lacks any semblance of action. Honestly, it was two hours before I gained any experience points in that game. Sloooooowwwww.....
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Same here... I love what they are doing on TSW, mind you... but my real focus is on superheroes... and this game is failing miserably... no communication, no love... I spent years on CoH and was unable to do every single mission there... it took me less than 1 month to do all the missions available on CO. More content is REALLY needed. The game is good and has a lot of potential but it can't be abandoned like it is right now.
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    These "I'm leaving" then listing out all your reasons why are pointless threads. Just leave silently like a real man seriously nobody cares.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    finalslaps wrote: »
    These "I'm leaving" then listing out all your reasons why are pointless threads. Just leave silently like a real man seriously nobody cares.

If the Devs read any of the threads int he forums one would think they could take his feedback constructivly...it is a little pointless since that wont happen, but I for one thank him for his opinion, which he is free to give.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    People would probably say 'if i wanted customization for character costumes' that i should pick CO instead of TSW?

Well if i want to look like how i want my character, Second Life is better than CO for customization, EASILY. Now if i want a GAME..which is what i need right now, CO isnt a game anymore, its a slot machine for children, TSW wins it.
  • Options
    vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    finalslaps wrote: »

You should care. Every person leaving this game reduces the likelihood that the lights will remain on. After enough "no one cares" You might be left wondering why the game is closing?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    CO isnt a game anymore, its a slot machine for children

See, its that attitude that makes me completely neutral to you leaving.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    vikaernes wrote: »
    You should care. Every person leaving this game reduces the likelihood that the lights will remain on. After enough "no one cares" You might be left wondering why the game is closing?

I don't see 'NCSoft' on the masthead here.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vikaernes wrote: »

And yet we've been dealing with people leaving for 2 and a half years now. How long does it take to turn the lights off?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    See, its that attitude that makes me completely neutral to you leaving.

Pay up to $50 and you too COULD get the pheremones.

..just wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Pay up to $50 and you too COULD get the pheremones.

..just wrong.

... why? Why do I need pheromones? I haven't spent a single zen on a cosmic key, my ranged DPS with silver champ R5s can tank almost anything, and I'm still having fun with the game.

Its not what you want, and that's OK. Just don't call us 'children', capiche?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ... why? Why do I need pheromones? I haven't spent a single zen on a cosmic key, my ranged DPS with silver champ R5s can tank almost anything, and I'm still having fun with the game.

Its not what you want, and that's OK. Just don't call us 'children', capiche?

Im not calling anyone children...im saying the game submits children to this, this is a game with a low-age rating.

You've misinterpreted what iv said and dove down my throat out of context.....like a lot of people seem to be doing lately. Please read the posts clearly.

If you want to go ahead and twist everything to your liking, whatever, i dont care, but so everyone else knows, i am not calling YOU a child...for ###k sake why am i even having to correct this...
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Also lacks any semblance of action. Honestly, it was two hours before I gained any experience points in that game. Sloooooowwwww.....

TSW is not action oriented per se (though, the combat is far more challenging than CO), but a more cerebral game that emphasizes investigation and puzzle solving, with combat in between. Some missions (called Sabotage missions) even focus on avoiding confrontations altogether and attepting to achieve your objectives through stealth and evasive strategy.

Other missions focus on combat (particularly as you advance further in the game), but combat in TSW is about facing off against supernatural horrors and struggling to stay alive rather than just roflstomping through them. So the battles take longer and you have to work harder to stay alive than in most other MMOs.

The action and XP gain also picks up as you progress to the more advanced areas, and becomes significantly more challenging around the third zone (Blue Mountain) you hit in the earlier sections of the game.
    Well I am sorry to see you go....but then again I can understand the frustration with the boredom factor and the weird difficulty levels......

What mean by weird difficulty levels I mean by the.....for example... you fight things and they are real easy...then suddenly get some mission thats supposed to be lower level....yet same enemies and they are alot stronger.....what is really weird is the the tough rated enemies.....granted they are supposed to be tough....but at times I find I run into some 3 levels above me and they are super easy.....later same enemy type at my level or even lower by 10 levels and they hit harder and have 10 times more health....very strange.

When I refer to boredom...its because 90% of the game is in the open world.....thus you end up traveling all over or grinding enemies to get 5 of something....all i needed was a key the other day......I defeated over 200 of the correct enemies before i got one....took almost an hour..stupid incubater guards...>_<

And then there is the fact there just isnt alot of team missions.......with the idiocy champion thing having a fairly short range....makes teaming difficult.....not sure I can do story stuff with someone unless they have a gold account.....and so many things seam level locked.....so I couldnt invite some low level friends for a few missions because they have not unlocked the area the missions are in.....no they get the you are too low a level message.

And then there is some stuff that should be repeatable....but isnt....instead the misssions to defeat 150 of something is the only repeatable stuff....but the monster island crisis....oh no...cant que that up again.

I could go on......but I guess I got spoiled by city of heroes.......trying to get the legion of catgirls doing stuff together again since coh's demise.....is tough with the cave man chat ui system....missing the extra windows options.....and being able to put buttons anywhere.....

If a developer reads this...fix the crime computer....I found exploits in it...and found it doesnt work for 90% of missions.....only thing it does well is let you leave a map.

I know something is planned......because silence means non-disclosure agreement.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

This discussion has been closed.